Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

I would say, generally his good signings are obvious ones. Ones that have a proven track record in the SPL/SPFL. Have nothing wrong with that because its great to be in a position where we can actually attract the obvious players. That said, he's picked a couple out of left field in Logan, hector and ward which have worked out well (so far).

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach, we've been missing a Josh since Magennis left. I just hope he can pish in his own mouth.

January 2016 doesn't sound like we're convinced. Maybe Shankland away for a few months in the hope he can turn into a player by January.

:rofl:

Seems like he's been on McInnes' radar for many a year?

The Dons today completed the loan signing of attacker Josh Parker from Red Star Belgrade.

New signing Josh Parker today admitted he is a little shocked to have ended up at Pittodrie.

Forward Parker, 24, has agreed to a join Aberdeen on loan until January from Serbia’s Red Star Belgrade, subject to international clearance.

The Evening Express revealed last week that the former Queens Park Rangers player was on Dons boss Derek McInnes’ wanted list.

Parker said: “I’m delighted to be here but don’t really know how it came about.

“From what I have been told the manager knew about me when I was with QPR.

“He tried to sign me on loan for St Johnstone.

“It’s nice that he thought a lot of me way back then.

“I doubt if many others were aware of me when I was away out there in Belgrade.

“The final link was probably because Belgrade played Kairat Almaty in the Europa League before they played Aberdeen.

“The manager then called me and I’m very happy to have been given the chance to come here.

“It’s a kind of random move but a welcome one.

“The call from the manager sealed it.

“He wanted to know if I was excited by the move and it was good he took the time to get to know me.

“I don’t know too much about Scottish football but I’m looking forward to playing here.”

Parker has agreed to join the Dons until January.

Dons manager McInnes said: “We are delighted to get Josh until January.

“He’s a player we’ve been looking at for a while now.

“He gives us a different dimension and real flexibility.

“He can play either side and as centre-forward.

“He also has exceptional pace.”

6 months good deal for both .up to josh to earn an extension,  he has more lose than us .  it looks like cover for shankland going away? I be happy with that.  .  will there be more come in . I would hope least another one before end the month.

The wide positions are reasonably covered, Pawlett can play either side (a position he is better suited to then behind the striker IMO) and Wright has impressed when he has appeared but is unproven.  Going to be interesting to see how parker will  be deployed, if at all.  Monakana didn't really get much game time and no starts if memory serves.  Thing is the past year or so have been pretty kind to us injury wise in the forward areas. With Rooney Hayes and Mcginn playing virtually every game loans and youths like smith and shankland have not had a look in.  Still it would appear Deek has been watching him a while so maybe he will have an impact but it's hard to get overly excited about this deal when it's so short and when you know so little about him.

According to the press conference yesterday, DM was saying that our transfer business is done for the season.  I'm guessing he's just playing dumb.  also said that any players going out on loan needed to be right for the club but doesn't need to be sorted before the window shuts.

Stevie May is going somewhere.  No way he's staying at Sheffield Wed given he's not even been in the squad thus far, including minor cup games.

I would be disappointed if he did end up at the Huns.

I hope Derek is just being coy.  Rooney is superb but an injury to him and we're screwed.  I don't think Shankland is quite ready for the first team and a move to ST Mirren on loan would benefit him.  Goodwillie, well, he's in the team just now but I'm pretty surprised he's still here to be honest.  From 1st Feb last season til the end of May, he only started two games (one of which was after Rooney had been sent on holiday) and he'd made limited sub appearances during that period too.

He's had a couple of decent recent showings but he's still not adding goals and I'm far from convinced.  Derek is giving him another chance and I really hope he repays the support he's received from the gaffer.  I'd prefer we got another striker in though.

How do we know we've got space in the budget now? I don't think we'll see anyone else come in.

Valid point!  Although I'd hope we do have space.

Just listening to the Josh interview, comes across very well, very driven and recognised that he was on the wrong path in England and decided to go abroad rather than dropping down the leagues. Signed a 3 year deal with Red Star in January, so hopefully he's going to be a nice surprise.

Stevie May is going somewhere.  No way he's staying at Sheffield Wed given he's not even been in the squad thus far, including minor cup games.

I would be disappointed if he did end up at the Huns.

I hope Derek is just being coy.  Rooney is superb but an injury to him and we're screwed.  I don't think Shankland is quite ready for the first team and a move to ST Mirren on loan would benefit him.  Goodwillie, well, he's in the team just now but I'm pretty surprised he's still here to be honest.  From 1st Feb last season til the end of May, he only started two games (one of which was after Rooney had been sent on holiday) and he'd made limited sub appearances during that period too.

He's had a couple of decent recent showings but he's still not adding goals and I'm far from convinced.  Derek is giving him another chance and I really hope he repays the support he's received from the gaffer.  I'd prefer we got another striker in though.

Aye, the totally unfounded faith that i had re May coming to us has waned  :  My waters are now telling me he is Hun bound. hes shite anyway.

pretty disapointed if we are done, we seem to have a small squad and signing up Shinne last year seems a bit like getting your xmas pressies in June and fuck all at christmas.

is the Ex ICT boy Mckay not also being looked at by a few up here, cant say im his biggest fan but he does score a goal or two

You would think that the budget has still got some left in the pot.    aye like sound Parker and he might  get  Pawlett  to get his arse in gear and  start producing again as its massive season for him or St Mirren and the likes will be his next move..  feel giving Robson another years contract was a bit of a waste  could have been used better , another striker is what we need  and must admit il be bit disappointed if Parker is the last to come in. then again Goodwille might start banging them in . we live in hope. agree with Capitalred  its time forget the May rumour ...aye summer transfer has been a bit  :dunno: but suppose you got look and say our squad is well decent .

Aye, I feel a little disappointed if it's done.  Which, given we've signed one of the most promising young keepers in England, the best left back in the league and captain of a close rival, an experienced SPL CB and a bonus ball winger, while also retaining our best talent, is probably a little harsh on Derek.

I still think we'll see one more in.  Wishful thinking maybe.  When it comes to the Dons I'm ever the optimist.

Possibly a little harsh, but also shows how far we have come that we feel we only need one or two players to make this a properly successful team.  I would be disappointed if we didn't get a striker in, it is painfully clear that if we have one injury to Rooney, we are fucked.  Only saving grace is, is that so far this season our goals are actually being spread across the team.

With Parker on board we have Rooney, Goodwillie, Shankland, and Josh which is enough. Not too keen on too much squad rotation and it's hard to keep 4 players happy, never mind more.

If we get an injury or two I'd like to see Shankland given a chance, a good few games starting to break his duck and hopefully go from there. Black and Hewitt started in their teens, as did Booth and Jess, seems like the right thing to do and take the next step with Shankland IMHO.