Dons v Dees - Friday night football

Friday night football is back at Pittodrie as we look forward to welcoming Dundee this Friday evening.

Join us for this match under the floodlights and you could win the chance to take part in our crossbar challenge at half-time. Up for grabs for anyone who manages to hit the crossbar are 2 places at our exclusive AFC Player of the Year Dinner on Thursday 2nd May.

Simply register your details with our customer services team when you purchase your match ticket to be in with the chance of participating.

CRAIG BROWN doesn’t regret signing Gary Naysmith – and is convinced the veteran defender can still play a big role in the race for second in the SPL. Naysmith, 34, has made only five appearances since arriving from Huddersfield in the summer.

But he’s now set to face Dundee at Pittodrie tomorrow night after coming through 60 minutes with the under-20s on Tuesday.

Brown extended the Scotland full-back’s short-term deal in January.

And the Dons boss said: “Gary’s not played as many games as he’d have liked but there are 11 games left and he will be needed. It’s been hard luck on his part. I know he’s been frustrated and was the first to say if he wasn’t going to play a part he wouldn’t hang around.

“It’ll be like a new signing. His return is good timing as Mark Reynolds is suspended and Andy Considine’s out for the season.”

Big draw tomorrow night will be to see the new signing  ;D

NIALL McGinn is determined to down Dundee again and get Aberdeen back on the goal trail – and back in the race for second.

The Dons have slumped to eighth in the SPL after a winless start to 2013 and McGinn’s strike in the 3-1 defeat to St Johnstone was the last of only three goals scored since the turn of the year.

The Northern Ireland attacker has blasted 15 of the Dons’ 31 league goals this term and claimed seven of their last nine – including a hat-trick against Dundee in December.

McGinn could do with teammates chipping in against the Dark Blues at Pittodrie tonight but the ex-Celtic man is happy to take the strain.

He said: “I managed to get a hat-trick the last time and it was nice to get the first of my career.

“I was delighted on the day. It was a great atmosphere and it was a cracking occasion. It was great to get such a good performance and result in Dundee’s back yard.

“It’d be nice to do it again but three points is the main priority. People say there is pressure on my shoulders but I don’t see it like that. There’s pressure on everyone – we all go out hoping to do well.

“We’re going through a wee sticky patch but a few wins can kick start our season again.”

But Dons boss Craig Brown has warned the Dens Park men will be no soft touches.

He said: “It’d be disappointing if we failed to beat Dundee at home. We must ensure there is no slip-up and that we do the job properly.

“We have to concentrate fully against a team which is fighting for their life and for respectability.”

Absolutely fucking dire.  Several players proved they're simply not good enough for the spl tonight, Robertson and Shaughnessy were both honking, Hughes and Vernon can gtf too. The game was screaming out for some talented young attacking players to come on, even Magennis, but he gets taken on as a fucking full back again. Totally sick of it, I'll keep going because I've got a season ticket, but without one I'd find it really hard to get motivated for any more games this season. My kids have given up, and I really don't blame anyone else who chooses the stay away option. Shite pitch, shite players, shite crowd, shite game.

Shite.

Was listening to the post match debate with Willie Miller, Billy Dodds and Richard Gordon.  Miller backed up by Dodds was saying Craig Brown was right to make the changes which were rightly perceived as negative and the crowd had to just suck it up as its better to win ugly as Dundee were on top in the 2nd half. Richard Gordon then spoke for us all and said should he not be making changes to get us back on top in the game.

The substitutions are absolutely irrelevant. When any player in red had the ball they had no idea other than hoof it vaguely away from our goal. It was horrendous. It's as though our training doesn't actually involve any passing whatsoever.

Admittedly I wasnt at the game last night but any time I've seen us (well earlier in the season anyway) we've passed the ball around very well indeed.  I can't help thinking the shocking state of the pitch has meant we cant knock the ball around as we have been earlier in the season.