Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

DT Politics Thread

Cunthole making an announcement at 11:15 this morning. Rumours suggesting an election. If true, not quite sure why one didn't happen a few months back. They'll get voted straight back in like.

Obviously the Tory cunts feel as confident as you do that they'll get back in and unfortunately i do too... but only because of the state that Labour find them selves in. It must grate on May that she wasn't the one voted into power by the public.

What a state this country is in politically!  :

Cunthole making an announcement at 11:15 this morning. Rumours suggesting an election. If true, not quite sure why one didn't happen a few months back. They'll get voted straight back in like.

They will be looking for an increased majority and the next few weeks will see a campaign of fear really ramped up by them to ensure they get it.

I am not sure as to how Scotland will vote. I am sure SNP will not repeat their success of 2015 and worried folk will vote for the tories as an alternative.  :-\

What a mess.

They will be looking for an increased majority and the next few weeks will see a campaign of fear really ramped up by them to ensure they get it.

I am not sure as to how Scotland will vote. I am sure SNP will not repeat their success of 2015 and worried folk will vote for the tories as an alternative.  :-\

What a mess.

I tend to agree. The SNP are running out of time politically. These things come in waves and their time will be up soon enough. They'd have been hoping for an indy ref before any general election, as any drop in seats will be advertised as failure and folk will buy it. They're about as high as they can get at the moment, the only way is down for them.

Labour have got no hope. Their policies will be completely ignored. Personality politics will win. They could promise perpetual free cocaine and strippers and that would be ignored.

New party will burst onto the scene and we can continue to be European.

Let's face it, it's impossible for the SNP to do better than last time but it's a bit like beating someone 7-0 then moaning about only putting 4 past them the next time you play.

The only new party, will be a UKIP replacement funded by Arron Banks (which will just be UKIP). There's no time for an actual political party to be formed.

Haven't heard fae the SNP yet, but a quick regurgitation of May's message that people shouldn't be introducing elections before the electorate have a chance to see what Brexit has to offer will surely be the order of the day.

It's a pretty decisive move from the Tories like, with the SNP being their only real opposition I can see them going for Scotland pretty hard. England will take care of itself for them.

Also, given channel 4's tireless investigation into election spending, I'm surprised they're even allowed to stand in certain seats. This gives them ample opportunity to drop any candidates they think might lose a court case. Wonder if they've had a head's up they might have been forced into bi-elections?

SNP have no chance of ever repeating the 56 last time round. They'll drop to around 45 this time Tories will regain "traditional" Tory seats like Eastwood and Stirling etc gaining around 6 or 7 in total, Labour will win 2 or 3  and lib Dems might gain 1 or 2.

However its down south where Labour's total ineptitude and internal divisions where the Tories will wreak havoc and deliver a huge majority.

I remember Thatcher getting in 1979 and my old man saying not to worry they'd be lucky to last a full term. That worked out well.....and I suspect we are heading for a similar length if not longer of successive Tory administrations.

We need independence. But I do think that Sturgeon is going for it too soon. Lose this referendum coming up and we can really not expect to have another for at least another 25-30 years. Independence is inevitable in time.  I just think a referendum in 2018-19 is about 5 years too soon to guarantee a victory...

SNP have no chance of ever repeating the 56 last time round. They'll drop to around 45 this time Tories will regain "traditional" Tory seats like Eastwood and Stirling etc gaining around 6 or 7 in total, Labour will win 2 or 3  and lib Dems might gain 1 or 2.

However its down south where Labour's total ineptitude and internal divisions where the Tories will wreak havoc and deliver a huge majority.

I remember Thatcher getting in 1979 and my old man saying not to worry they'd be lucky to last a full term. That worked out well.....and I suspect we are heading for a similar length if not longer of successive Tory administrations.

We need independence. But I do think that Sturgeon is going for it too soon. Lose this referendum coming up and we can really not expect to have another for at least another 25-30 years. Independence is inevitable in time.  I just think a referendum in 2018-19 is about 5 years too soon to guarantee a victory...

With all the scare mongering that came with Indy ref MKI I actually think Brexit will help the Indy cause.  Now all the brexit hype has calmed down people are seeing that it isn't just going to be an overnight thing where our passports are useless and our trade deals disappear.  They are seeing that there is a long time to pass for all the negotiations to take place and make it as seamless a transition as possible.

I think those that were on the fence for Indy MKI and took 'the safe' option by voting no will be comforted by this and may well pluck up the courage to change their votes.

I hope so anyway.

I think the Nats will hold up a wee bit better than that, but the 56 was a once in a lifetime thing.

I think the Liberals will make some inroads, but the stink of coalition is still on them.

I'd be disappointed if the Tories gained much, I could live with them tiing with the Pandas but beyond that would be disappointing.

But you're right I think Nurse Ratchid gets a majority of circa 60-75.

Can't see the tories taking any seats from the snp under fptp and I suspect the one they have in Scotland is on a shoogly peg. Mundel only won his seat by a few hundred votes as it was.

I'm not sure where Tories can really make gains down south, virtually all the labour seats are safe and the lib dems are more likely to recapture lost seats than lose any more to them. Far from increasing her majority May could lose it altogether.

I was a voice in the wilderness (much slagged) predicting a tory majority last time.

The donsdaft forecast this time...................hung parliament.........October election.

I remember when I lived in the Congo and the elections came around.

A split in votes was the outcome.

It was a well hung parliament.

I was initially the same, but cold light of day, I just can't see that.

Dodgy seats for SNP - West ABZshire, Moray, Berwickshire. Not really seeing any more.

On the other side, the SNP will be piling in on Fluffy to get him ousted from his tiny majority, and Murray is far from safe in Edinburgh either. Can;t see the Liar losing northern isles, but again he has a wafer thin majority.

The over/under is 50.5, i'd be piling on over at this point.

We are probably the most inventive race that ever existed,

Well, there no doubt that we punched well above our weight at one time  but I think you'll find that most countries have a golden age.

Let's leave the sense of superiority to our near neighbours and content ourselves with being an equal member of a modern world.

Then let's get rid of the weegies.

Well, there no doubt that we punched well above our weight at one time  but I think you'll find that most countries have a golden age.

Let's leave the sense of superiority to our near neighbours and content ourselves with being an equal member of a modern world.

Then let's get rid of the weegies.

Equal my erse...we are fucking amazing.

Some weegies included  :surprised:

That's a celebration not a patronism.

So, Farage versus Clegg in the French elections. Should be an interesting one in a couple of weeks. Le Pen will be hoping for a few more shootings between now and then to help her cause. Very interesting political times in the world. Every country experiencing a distinct lack of options and complete voter disenfranchisement. Can see our own election having a very low turn out.