Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

Aye, it's nuts. It's identity politics all the way now, with very little way back. Unfortunately Corbyn loses in this regard very time because of the tabloid shite. Of course, there could be some sort of UTG type local reasoning too I suppose that we're not party too, which is fair doos. I don't believe the Labour party has a viable future. I hope the people of Scotland are paying attention. Independence is the only remaining route of opposition.

Hard to see any other way. The cunts down here keep voting Tory who in turn ignore any promises they claimed to make. Politicians make me sick with their pathetic shite.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-europe-cornwall-funding-deserved-sneering-condescending-remainer-explode-a7612266.html

Interesting article and it was obvious that the folk in Cornwall were the first to buy into all the lies.  It's going to be a tough few decades for Cornwall.  I remember my girlfriend going into a handbag shop in St. Ives and she asked how she was going to cope with brexit.  The shop lady said it wouldn't make a difference, to which my g/f said, but you get all your handbags from Italy...Oh, replied the shop keeper...I hadn't thought of that...Cornwall has always heavily relied on EU funding.

Politics these days is so divisive, same happened in Scotland with the indyref and the same has obviously happened in trumptown with both sides firing shots left right and centre.  I find it incredulous that brexiteers state it's not right that those "remoaners" voice their dismay and frankly laugh at those who voted wrongly. Obviously I'm not saying either campaign was great, because it wasn't and reflected the stupidity of society today, but fuck me, this is a shite state of affairs. How do we fix it? Scotland has an option, not sure about the rest of the UK. Lambs to a slaughter.

Well, the bastards are not depriving me of my European Citizenship.

I don't trust the Scots ever to feel confident enough to leave their masters down south so unless the SDP mark2 makes a quick entrance onto the British political scene I'm going to have to look into changing my nationality.

The EU funding that anyone in the UK got was only getting our own UK money back less interest and less the absurd costs of having an EU system. The EU was never a wealth-making institution. It was always a drain.

It may have been more equitably disbursed but the sad reality is that this horrible insane government will punish the areas of the country that don't toe their corrupt party line. They punish the poor and the weak, as Loach depicted brilliantly in I, Daniel Blake. They don't invest in mental health nor social care. They prop up the banks and their stealing. They turn a blind eye to tax evasion by their mates and by big corporations. They're privatising the NHS by stealth, by deliberately factoring in efficiencies and adding ridiculously needless costs. They allow the pharmas to steal from the public purse. They even pretend to care about the food chain although we're still waiting for the heralded sugar tax.

The vote for Brexit was a vote against modern political systems. What we forgot was how divisive and sick Westminster actually is, ably supported by the presstitute media who should all be shot.

Food production in this country is a fuckin joke.

Or would be if it was remotely funny.

Food scare after food scare after food scare, and still they get away with labeling food with a hun flag and folk think that it's a symbol of quality.

......and as for taste...... :rofl:

Food production in this country is a fuckin joke.

Or would be if it was remotely funny.

Food scare after food scare after food scare, and still they get away with labeling food with a hun flag and folk think that it's a symbol of quality.

......and as for taste...... :rofl:

Don't shop in supermarkets then. I don't, and get great tasting food. Nae hun flag mind you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-europe-cornwall-funding-deserved-sneering-condescending-remainer-explode-a7612266.html

Interesting article and it was obvious that the folk in Cornwall were the first to buy into all the lies.  It's going to be a tough few decades for Cornwall.  I remember my girlfriend going into a handbag shop in St. Ives and she asked how she was going to cope with brexit.  The shop lady said it wouldn't make a difference, to which my g/f said, but you get all your handbags from Italy...Oh, replied the shop keeper...I hadn't thought of that...Cornwall has always heavily relied on EU funding.

Politics these days is so divisive, same happened in Scotland with the indyref and the same has obviously happened in trumptown with both sides firing shots left right and centre.  I find it incredulous that brexiteers state it's not right that those "remoaners" voice their dismay and frankly laugh at those who voted wrongly. Obviously I'm not saying either campaign was great, because it wasn't and reflected the stupidity of society today, but fuck me, this is a shite state of affairs. How do we fix it? Scotland has an option, not sure about the rest of the UK. Lambs to a slaughter.

Annoying getting telt to "get over it" and being accused of sour grapes etc isn't it? The same happened on September 19th 2014. Me and many many others recognised the chance to avoid all this nonsense. And when we dared voice our disappointment with the result all manner of dismissive nonsense was hurled in our direction. The people doing this surely cannot fully comprehend what happened or the opportunity that was missed. Or are they merely British nationalists telling Scottish nationalists that nationalism is bad? Nationalist shouldn't be a dirty word. Especially not in Scotland. Although in England nationalism is associated with right wing dos cuntery and spastics wanting to "take are country back from the muslamics"

We do have an option. And I hope to fuck common sense prevails over vague British nationalism and we make the sensible choice.

I wish to fuck SNP would announce an intention to disband in the event of a Yes vote. I get that they're not everyone's cup of tea. Although how the Tories are fucking anyone's cup of tea is beyond me. Other than elitist wannabes. If the SNP promised to disband in the event of achieving their ultimate goal I think it would really help. They can form new more specific parties. Be the same as SNP is currently for all I care. But it might get some of the militant anti SNP/Krankie etc folk on side.

Out of curiosity.. has anyone on here changed their mind on how they voted in 2014 and planning to vote different for Indyref2? Just wondering.

I imagine the timing will coincide with the devil announcing that they're triggering Article 50 this week

Cat already out the bag. Excellent performance by Sturgeon.

This is pure political opportunism and taking advantage of the sickness within, and the incompetence of the UK government.

We should not allow the media to ruin it this time. Time to take a lesson from Trump.

Cat already out the bag. Excellent performance by Sturgeon.

This is pure political opportunism and taking advantage of the sickness within, and the incompetence of the UK government.

We should not allow the media to ruin it this time. Time to take a lesson from Trump.

Absolutely, will be interesting to see how the devil takes it next week.  Question is, do you ask for it as soon as, or as it sounds like she's aiming for, waiting to see what the permutations are for the UK's deal with the EU to see what we can bargain with?

Absolutely, will be interesting to see how the devil takes it next week.  Question is, do you ask for it as soon as, or as it sounds like she's aiming for, waiting to see what the permutations are for the UK's deal with the EU to see what we can bargain with?

This is the biggest fallacy that we've been spun by the Tories. Cameron pretended to go to Brussels to "negotiate" and came back with nothing. There is no deal to be had. We are leaving the EU and we're not paying for the unelected tertiary level of government any more. Love him or hate him, Nigel Farage has been right on this all along.

This is the biggest fallacy that we've been spun by the Tories. Cameron pretended to go to Brussels to "negotiate" and came back with nothing. There is no deal to be had. We are leaving the EU and we're not paying for the unelected tertiary level of government any more. Love him or hate him, Nigel Farage has been right on this all along.

Agreed, but there will still be a deal with the EU though. A trade deal. I suspect that is what Manc was referring to, rather than the pish that Cameron was on about.

Good use of the word tertiary though. Strictly Nigel was concerned about paying for the binary level of government. Will be interesting to see if we can rid ourselves of the binary government this time round. Pretty hopeful. Something tells me we'll get the same result again though, I just can't see the electorate being able to look beyond people screaming "the economy" and I doubt the SNP will broaden the case beyond that either. A huge opportunity for some progressive currency options and putting forward something very much worth voting for, instead of the shite they put forward at the last referendum. If we get independence, it'll be through the unimaginative narrow channel of political discussion that Trump and Farage took on and beat. 

Agreed, but there will still be a deal with the EU though. A trade deal. I suspect that is what Manc was referring to, rather than the pish that Cameron was on about.

I know that's what he was referring to. It couldn't be anything else. But right now in the House of Commons, they're talking in circles about "the deal". They don't actually know what they're talking about, there are no specifics, they haven't even articulated the headings.

We are still going to trade with Europe. Being in or out of the EU won't affect my European customers. I won't stop drinking European wine or stop driving European cars. Whisky will be sold to every part of Europe, as will Brewdog beer actually. They're not going to slap on unfair tariffs on imports and exports. It's all hot air. It's the European Parliament and it's corrupt institutions that the people voted against.

Alex Salmond on the floor just now. He just nailed it re the European citizens living here. He's still a great speaker. Now he just nailed it re WTO terms as default. He's just said what some of us knew all along. This talk about "a deal" with the EU is just a smokescreen and yet another political tool of a PM and a government that doesn't have a clue what it's doing.

Thank fuck Holland voted the right way last night.  VVD are increasingly right wing, probably had to be to ensure they didn't lose votes to the PVV (arsehole party).  I was genuinely concerned but it is further evidence of how the media / polls know fuck all about what's going to happen.  Some decent parties got reasonable figures so hopefully the coalition negotiations are too protracted.

Geert Wilders. Fuck me. What an arsehole.  At least the Dutch aren't daft like the English despite actually probably having more a legitimate border concern.  Don't get me wrong, the Dutch aren't liberal like their tourist office says and the results prove it, but i'm satisfied with this.

Aye, well done the cloggies.

Hopefully thats a turn away from fascism that'll catch on.

I see the Dutch Green party has their post election bash at the Milky Way ( Melkweg)

That takes me back.

Brilliant venue.

But I agree, hopefully (although I don't expect it to) will have that effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...