Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

I'm leaning towards oot but then I hear the knuckle-draggers going on aboot those damn foreigners and it makes me want to vote in.

So far I'm undecided. I plan to absorb as much info as I can and make an informed decision. As I did last September.

What's the Conservative policy? the opposite of that is a good place to start.

I'm out. Europe is just an additional layer of government that costs a hell of a lot of money, our money.

It has grown arms and legs and has never been anything other than a net drain.

The corruption is institutionalised and it is completely unfit for purpose.

People will continue to trade cross-border and people will choose to holiday, live and work in other countries.

That's what happens naturally. Fuck paying for suits with self-interest in their black hearts.

Farage is a total Nigel, naturally, but he was right about the EEC. He appeals to the racist pigs unfortunately but his speech in the EEC a few years ago was phenomenal in it's guts, honesty and delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

Cameron at Chatham House.

Surely the British people aren't this stupid?

His proposed referendum is to follow his "renegotiation".

It's not a negotiation when both sides want the same outcome.

Merkel and Cameron are on the same side, the one ruled by Obama's bosses.

The referendum is required because 5m people voted for UKIP.

The "renegotiation" is going to be a strategy designed to appease UKIP type voters as well as the more informed Euro sceptics.

And an opportunity for Cameron to try and make himself look like he cares about British people.

Scotland's HMRC offices to close, the government announced today, retaining only two regional centres, one in Glasgow and one in Edinburgh.

Cue the outrage as a couple of thousand Scots lose their jobs.

Instead of ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY HMRC OFFICES in the UK, there will be thirteen.

How the fuck can we need 170 x HMRC offices in this day and age?

Most of the people employed in these offices are useless bastards, fit for fuck all. Some are good people, if not quirkily unemployable in the private sector but 170 offices for UK tax?

The irony is that the corporatocracy don't pay tax. Even the chancellor avoided 12m.

The will to collect tax fairly and equitably has been posted as missing as the capability to administer it properly.

This provides a great opportunity though. This is how they work.

Boris and David and Rupert and Horatio and other old Etonians - the names have no relation to persons alive and kicking and are used for illustrative purposes only - will be tipped off to set up a tax collection private agency.

With the substantial savings made by reducing 170 offices to 13, who the fuck is going to miss a couple of hundred million paid to their mates for services supposedly rendered?

• 2 weeks later...

Attended the Houses of Parliament today for the first and last time this afternoon.

We spent about 40 minutes in the Commons and 5 minutes in the Lords.

The U.K. is in worse shape than I thought. I've never bothered to watch BBC Parliament before. The standard of debater is incredibly poor. The rituals and protocols are ridiculously counter-productive. The "debate" we happened across today was an important one, on Trident but it was a deeply unimpressive performance by all but one of the speakers, the Ediburgh North Aussie SNP lass. Mostly, they're all wankers. Public schooled thick wankers at that.

The Lords was considerably busier. Only spotted half a dozen sleepers, one of which I'm convinced must've died.

Didn't feel an alien environment. Felt like I had as much right to be in those buildings than any of those cunts. The show of democracy is of sufficient quality. It is of course the substance that is lacking, in every conceivable way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Alec Salmond,

You're a fucking disgrace.

You're calling Trump a "three time loser" today.

He's calling you "irrelevant", which you undoubtedly are.

Facts aren't bad in situations like this. As they are most of the time.

You were best pals once upon a time. When you were wearing the black kilt in NY and sucking his cock.

You made him a "Scottish Ambassador", whatever the fuck that means.

Then you asked him to support your position on Al Megrahi.

Which was a totally inappropriate thing to do, a complete abuse of whatever relationship you once had.

He told you to fuck off. Quite rightly.

And you spat the dummy.

Kiardly, you decided to position the offshore wind farm right opposite Trump International.

What an arsehole thing to do.

Now that Trump spouts his rhetoric that YOU think is unpalatable, you think it's time to wade in.

Mate, you blew it.

You've been stealing a wage for your whole life and you delivered fuck all.

You didn't even have the intelligence to run the (true) independent card.

How ironic that "call me Dave" might deliver EU divorce when this was the key card you never had the balls to play.

Your legacy is zero, you fat joke cunt.

Go home and look after your elderly wife before she expires of boredom, living with you.

Cunt.

And check out Trump on Alex Jones. infowars have been years ahead of the times.

You've always been years behind.

Charlatan cunt. Fat charlatan cunt.

Disgrace to the NE. Banff & Buchan parochial penis.

As I stated above on 10th November, the charade is now being played out.

Whereas corrupt leaders following sham strategies and lying to the people is cause for offence, the spirit was lifted (once again) by the truth that comes out in Question Time, often in surprising ways and from unexpected parties.

Piers Morgan was right to criticise Cameron's "negotiating skills" and correctly identified that the "four baskets" are nothing but it was Jacob Rees Mogg who created the opportunity for him to criticise and it was he who absolutely nailed Cameron the best.

The sham of the press conference right now and Cameron speaking shite about working hard for Britain is tantamount to criminal liability in my opinion. It's deliberately deceit and fraudulent, pretending like he is, lying in pursuit of an agenda which many of us all saw through before this process even started.

Well done Jacob last night. I never expected a Tory to speak truth and be disloyal to his leader. Then again, it's Eurosceptics like you and the millions of us that has forced the need for the referendum.

And as he correctly identified when asking the SNP lass, it is a massive contradiction for us to want independence from Westminster and yet stay in the EU. This is another massive mistake that Salmond left us, one that Nicola is using to play politics with, not having the balls nor the foresight to see the reality.

The EU is a drain, a strictly unrequired £55,000,000 per day expense we can't afford. And another Euro Bank president gets indicted. You can't make it up but like Trump in the US, like Putin every time he speaks and like Farage has so consistently been on Europe, when the uncomfortable truth is spoken, the speaker is demonised by the ruling kleptocracy.

Thanks also to JRM last night for the hilarious Hilary Dimbleby quip. Absolutely brilliant ripping of a man I don't like.

• 4 months later...

Obama warns that it might take a decade to negotiate a trade deal.

He says the UK couldn't negotiate faster than the EU could.

Listen up fuckhead. Business runs faster than politics. We don't need you.

Some of us are getting paid from US businesses, individuals and institutions. When our products and services are good enough, you buy, wherever you are in the world. We don't need red tape.

What a shocking tactic by Cameron to wheel him in.

Now that Killary Clinton has waded in on the same establishment side, it would take a fucking imbecile not to smell the rat. People who live in Edinburgh, and the 55% who voted No is proof enough how imbecilic we are in Scotland. I just hope the English don't fuck this one up too.

Salmond and Sturgeon have made a grave error here.

You cunts are too thick to know what day of the week it is.

• 2 weeks later...

A reasonably interesting night north of the border.

I'll never vote Tory but clearly some are seeing them as the only alternative to the SNP at the moment.  Total shambles for Labour.

And with SNP losing their overall majority perhaps that's a wake up call for them.  The focus should be on their record in government and not a second independence referendum of which too much is made (by all parties).

A reasonably interesting night north of the border.

I'll never vote Tory but clearly some are seeing them as the only alternative to the SNP at the moment.  Total shambles for Labour.

And with SNP losing their overall majority perhaps that's a wake up call for them.  The focus should be on their record in government and not a second independence referendum of which too much is made (by all parties).

Doubt SNP will be that concerned. 5 more years in government with 2 short of a majority just now is not exactly a failure. I think if Labour Scotland had fully embraced Corbyn they'd have stood a better chance. The Tories have always fared well with the rural landowners and such like, they were always going to pick up more votes in this election, especially with a competent leader in Scotland.

• 1 month later...

Reports on the news tonight that it's 120,000 oil and gas jobs that will be lost.

Great news.

About time the wankers got found out.

Devastating for "my" city.

That's cool. We were thinking about leaving anyway.

Sweet justice.

Really showing your class there rocket.

::)

Have we seen the first act of terrorism borne from the xenophobic agenda brought by the Brexit vote and backed by UKIP, BNP, Britains First and the worst of the Tory party?

Oh wow, looks like you're right! Hadn't read anything on it since it was announced earlier in the day. Such an atrocious act.

As soon as I had the push notification this morning I thought "Labour, Yorkshire, MP. There will be mental health issues, but it'll be an anti immigration, anti EU nutter."

TBF the amount of trolling being done on social media by the leave supporters is enough to drive the most sensible folk crazy.

Question Time cancelled because politicians can't be trusted not to point score on the murder of a colleague.

Mental, I thought the days of an MP being murdered for political gains were long past us. Just so shocked and its showing what the leave campaign are really like. Complete and utter waste of what promised to be a good political career. Cretins. I really hope that this will now swing the vote in the right direction.