Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

It's fucking nuts. If this is linked in any way to the stirring up of emotions by certain members of the Brexit camp then this is really troubling. We live in a fucked up society.

Farage's poster yesterday was shocking.

Showing his true colours by using a former Nazi Propaganda poster. What an absolute cretin.

As soon as I had the push notification this morning I thought "Labour, Yorkshire, MP. There will be mental health issues, but it'll be an anti immigration, anti EU nutter."

TBF the amount of trolling being done on social media by the leave supporters is enough to drive the most sensible folk crazy.

Question Time cancelled because politicians can't be trusted not to point score on the murder of a colleague.

Did he have mental health issues or was he just a racist prick who happened to have white skin? If he had brown skin you'd not see the term "mental health issues" fucking anywhere.

Still undecided on the vote like.

• 3 weeks later...

Ken Macintosh's opening speech before the Queens statement was a perfect example of why Scotland should be independent.

We are different from any other nation. We share the same values as 99%+ of the world's population but being a small nation, we aren't able to rule with anything other than openness and integrity. Our political classes can't get off with pulling the wool over our eyes. Our people are too principled and aware.

The Jock Tamson's bairns connotations are both negative and positive. Negative in being anti-entrepreneurship, innovation and individuality. Positive in that it demands equality, at least of treatment and opportunity.

When was the last politician speech that resonated? Hillary Benn's re bombing Syria was passionate and well delivered, for sure, but it was evil in content and would have made his late great father turn in his grave.

Ken MacIntosh, take a bow, son. We may have seen the birth of a leader today. Brilliant speech.

The fucking trumpeters and other musicians are fucking bowf though. We Scots are really awful at putting on a show. We should just stick to substance. Our stylistic fripperies are fucking shite.

• 1 month later...

Sigmar Gabriel has announced that TTIP has failed.

A rare piece of great news and sanity in a mad world getting madder.

Conspicuously absent from BBC's "news"!

And unsurprisingly ignored by Rupert's Sky.

It could be argued that it's irrelevant to us now we're leaving Europe! Coverage absent from the Guardian too, which is surprising, although the announcement isn't anything more than an opinion. Will be interesting to see what deal a Conservative led UK tries to agree with the US post-brexit. The notion that we even need a deal is strange to me. We clearly don't.

Another fantastic piece by John Pilger:

http://johnpilger.com/articles/provoking-nuclear-war-by-media

Brilliant again, telling you and I what we already knew.

It's amazing to me that the thick sheeple can't see through the media lies. The demonisation of Corbyn is precisely because he is not corrupt and doesn't want the world war that the USA needs and Hitlery Clinton will pursue, if elected. And yet the vast majority can't see it? Do they want us - NATO - to pursue the US world hegemony project? Don't they watch the Putin interviews? Why do they swallow what Sky and BBC tell them?

I watch Sky and BBC only to see what they're feeding the fucking idiots I share the pub with, the streets with and who drive on the same roads as me. I'm amazed Rupert allows us access to RT - Russia Today - and Al Jazeera but I bet the red top readers never tune in.

• 2 weeks later...

The cunt Cameron has resigned. And he says he doesn't know what he will do next?

That's funny, because I do and so do thousands of others.

After an extended holiday, he will emerge in 2017 as a non-executive director of some companies and as a consultant to others. He will also be engaged for public speaking duties which will also command obscene fees.

What the people paying him all have in common is that they were enriched directly through his mismanagement of the economy and his blatant misappropriation of public funds.

In fact, he will become a multi-millionaire exactly like Blair did, following the exact same formula.

• 4 months later...

Excellent article.

Like the best ones, it provides the detail of a big picture we suspected we knew but without this accuracy of analysis, we never really saw it at all. Superb interpretation by obviously highly qualified people.

• 3 weeks later...

Why is Bercow attracting criticism for his words yesterday?

1. Racism

2. Sexism

3. Independence of the judiciary

It's the speakers prerogative (well, one of three) to invite an address or not so there isn't any possible protocol breach there and what he said was absolutely true. If we can't stand up for "our values", however compromised they have been by Blair and Cameron, we're not a country at all. The speaker did the PM's thinking for her, that's what they don't like but that's hardly his fault, giving the correct view on a subject that he has jurisdiction on and speaking the truth where the cowering old witch wimp hasn't got any balls.

1. Racism

2. Sexism

It's the speakers prerogative (well, one of three) to invite an address or not so there isn't any possible protocol breach there and what he said was absolutely true. If we can't stand up for "our values", however compromised they have been by Blair and Cameron, we're not a country at all. The speaker did the PM's thinking for her, that's what they don't like but that's hardly his fault, giving the correct view on a subject that he has jurisdiction on and speaking the truth where the cowering old witch wimp hasn't got any balls.

Genuinely, I was watching the news with disbelief this morning.  I couldn't understand why they were speaking out against him.  Then the newsreader said who was against him saying what he did, the Tories. Cunts. Every single scrounging one of them.

1. Racism

2. Sexism

You're currently on 88 durrants, but if this doesn't get you to 1 simmie, there's no justice. Well said sir.

1. Racism

2. Sexism

The tories hate Bercow, truly despise him and any opportunity which comes along to attack him they will do so. A lot of tories will also love Trump, he would have lots in common with most of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Staggering result in the Copeland by-election.

What it proves is the stupidity and/or the moral cowardice of many English.

In a smaller company, region, organisation or country, it's easier to see what's real. No chance would Scotland ever vote Tory majority but even here we have establishment arselickers. That Mundell is an incredible abomination.

I don't despair for Copeland but it's tragic that a majority of half the eligible voters (and 50% turnout was better than just over a third in Stoke) see sufficient in the conservatives to actually put pen to paper.

The leader of the traditional alternative party has been battered by the corrupted media and his own party. This was superbly illustrated on QT last night. That sour-faced self-satisfied wank chairman of Stoke spouted the usual anti-Corbyn rhetoric which inspired two ordinary decent people to launch to his defence. Integrity was the key word. Within the government, there is none and the ignorant English don't care.

Staggering result in the Copeland by-election.

What it proves is the stupidity and/or the moral cowardice of many English.

In a smaller company, region, organisation or country, it's easier to see what's real. No chance would Scotland ever vote Tory majority but even here we have establishment arselickers. That Mundell is an incredible abomination.

I don't despair for Copeland but it's tragic that a majority of half the eligible voters (and 50% turnout was better than just over a third in Stoke) see sufficient in the conservatives to actually put pen to paper.

The leader of the traditional alternative party has been battered by the corrupted media and his own party. This was superbly illustrated on QT last night. That sour-faced self-satisfied wank chairman of Stoke spouted the usual anti-Corbyn rhetoric which inspired two ordinary decent people to launch to his defence. Integrity was the key word. Within the government, there is none and the ignorant English don't care.

Aye, it's nuts. It's identity politics all the way now, with very little way back. Unfortunately Corbyn loses in this regard very time because of the tabloid shite. Of course, there could be some sort of UTG type local reasoning too I suppose that we're not party too, which is fair doos. I don't believe the Labour party has a viable future. I hope the people of Scotland are paying attention. Independence is the only remaining route of opposition.