Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Vacations and stuff...2015

CtS

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contemplating taking my bird over to Belfast for a long weekend for either her birthday or Christmas. Would imagine that plenty of folk have been? What like? Plenty to do and see? I see they have a pub called The John Hewitt which coincedently was opened on Mayday 1983!  :thumbsup: I will be popping in there for a pint if we go!

Contemplating taking my bird over to Belfast for a long weekend for either her birthday or Christmas. Would imagine that plenty of folk have been? What like? Plenty to do and see? I see they have a pub called The John Hewitt which coincedently was opened on Mayday 1983!  :thumbsup: I will be popping in there for a pint if we go!

Been there and got the beer mats  :thumbsup:

It poured with rain the whole weekend when I visited - I don't think there's that much to do and the bus tour is rubbish, however that was before the Titanic Experience opened

Supposed it depends how much you like your girlfriend but I wouldn't be overly impressed with a weekend in Belfast as a pressie  :P

It poured with rain the whole weekend when I visited - I don't think there's that much to do and the bus tour is rubbish, however that was before the Titanic Experience opened

Supposed it depends how much you like your girlfriend but I wouldn't be overly impressed with a weekend in Belfast as a pressie  :P

You sure it was Belfast?

"I'm just going to take her to Bangor" was surely said!

Belfast is a piss up weekend away with a few nice places to eat chucked in.

Maybe best go for London then?!

Just back from Warsaw.  Loved it.

Dunno what I was expecting?  More Eastern block like a lot of other German or Polish cities that I've visited that were once under Commie-rule.

Great place to get seshed, seems most places are open 24 hours.  The bar across from our apartment was called Non-Stop, which pretty much summed up the city.

Needless to say I never made the Rising Museum or Gestapo HQ due to staggering home at 8am three nights on the trot.  :-\

• 4 weeks later...

Right well, I booked London today with Sleazy Jet. 14th - 18th o Feb for me and the missus. Both got a few pals doon there so should be good.

For visiting/things to do, I am keen to go to the Imperial War Museum. Also wouldn't mind going to the British museum, Natural History Museum or the Science Museum. Anybody been to any of those? I'm sure I read on here before that the War Museum was really good? Worth going to any of the others?

Wouldn't mind on going to some of the markets either, what's best? Don't really know much about the London markets so any info would be appreciated!

I ken me missus would like to go and see a show or a musical so I was thinking about the Lion King as she's already stated she would love to go and see it (again). But there are other great shows out there, anybody got any other tips for good shows and musicals? Billy Elliot gets rave reviews?

I've already got a 2 for 1 offer on the London Eye so plan to use that. Is Big Ben and Buckingham Palace good to see? I know she is quite keen on the Royals for whatever reason so she might be quite keen to go.

Cheers!

Open top tour bus day tickets for seeing the sights, on and off as often as you like and ours included a Thames cruise which was worth doing.  I'd say do it all mate.  And I would recommend you have a walk about (cockneys use the tube to go a couple of hundred yards), London's a great town to explore on foot.

For visiting/things to do, I am keen to go to the Imperial War Museum. Also wouldn't mind going to the British museum, Natural History Museum or the Science Museum. Anybody been to any of those? I'm sure I read on here before that the War Museum was really good? Worth going to any of the others?

IMHO opinion the Imperial War Museum is the best.  Natural History and Science Museum also very good - both are huge though and can take may hours if you plan to visit everything.

Check group-on or living social, they always have plenty of deals going on.

Market wise, visit spittalfields (near liverpool Street Station), Broadway market (by London bridge) which is great for food. Brick lane market is good on a Sunday too (near Liverpool Street / Spittalfields).

I've only been to lion king and blood brothers and can say lion king was phenomenal! If you get seats in the grand circle, you get animals being a lot more interactive with the crowd.

Last museum I went to was the British museum which was awesome but its worth checking what exhibitions are on.

Right well, I booked London today with Sleazy Jet. 14th - 18th o Feb for me and the missus. Both got a few pals doon there so should be good.

Wouldn't mind on going to some of the markets either, what's best? Don't really know much about the London markets so any info would be appreciated!

I ken me missus would like to go and see a show or a musical so I was thinking about the Lion King as she's already stated she would love to go and see it (again). But there are other great shows out there, anybody got any other tips for good shows and musicals? Billy Elliot gets rave reviews?

I've already got a 2 for 1 offer on the London Eye so plan to use that. Is Big Ben and Buckingham Palace good to see? I know she is quite keen on the Royals for whatever reason so she might be quite keen to go.

Cheers!

You'll see Big Ben from the London eye so two birds wi' one stone.  :thumbsup:

The Palace is shite. Unless you like big black... gates? Then again I've no time for anything royal. I only went because on my way to Munich we had time to kill at the train station and that was the nearest sight.

Just back from a week and a bit in India.  Was there primarily for a mates wedding (both Bride and Groom are Indian) in Jodhpur.  What a beautiful place Rajasthan is! Jodhpur was easily my favourite, the view from the fort there was truly outstanding. India itself is one of the strangest countries i've ever visited and i've never been fleeced so much in my life.  Such poverty right next to some of the richest people you'll ever meet.

Taj Mahal, really wasn't what I expected and can't say I saw how it was one of the 7 wonders.  The detailing was great but I felt Agra Fort (nearby) was equaly if not better than it.  I guess it was just a shame that it was so smoggy which ruined the view.

It wasn't actually too bad, return flights to Bombay were £500, then we travelled mostly by train which I think came out to just under £60 for 3 journeys that totalled about 36 hours.  Then at the wedding, we paid for nothing at all so I don't think I spent an extortionate amount. I have to say though, he's one of my oldest mates, known him for nigh on 22 years!

First two train journey's we travelled in what they called AC first (private room with AC) but this meant that all the train staff would come in, pull the curtain and sell stuff for more than what they should. Even had the audacity to ask for tips at the end of the journey.

Taxi fares varied immensely as well.  The drivers would always try and screw you over, but as long as you stuck to your guns, they eventually caved to a price where they were still probably making a huge profit.