Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Vacations and stuff...2015

CtS

This topic reminds me of my dead father-in-law. A total cunt of a man, a hun from Giffnock, an establishment wannabe nothing human being in a safe, secure job that paid peanuts who at least had the sense to emigrate to the North East, but even this would have been accident rather than design.

He never took holidays abroad. He preferred to take the family to Nairn in the summer. That's a fucking hell hole in its own right but people who don't want to explore further than their own nose are severely handicapped. His meanness of spirit and gross self-centredness were his drivers, his lack of curiosity being a broken and defunct aspect of his closed and fixed mindset, of his sick persona.

Why do you never go abroad feenicks?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rome is 100% pencilled in for July, and considering Cuba in late autumn before the Yanks ruin it. I'm getting quite adventurous in my post-kids, post-divorce years.

All these positive relations stuff between the yanks and Cuba is a terrible thing. This is another country on my list, just not sure when I'm going to be able to do it!

Aff the chemo - 'Whoop!'.

Possibility of a week in Stockholm later this year - August/September) , accommodation free !

Love the place , one of those where I feel 'at home' and could easily bide there.

Kinlochrannoch first tho'...still reeling fae after effects of anti-cancer drugs. Try to avoid !

Aff the chemo - 'Whoop!'.

Possibility of a week in Stockholm later this year - August/September) , accommodation free !

Love the place , one of those where I feel 'at home' and could easily bide there.

Kinlochrannoch first tho'...still reeling fae after effects of anti-cancer drugs. Try to avoid !

Good to hear Phoenix!  Rest up :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ever done the Eurotunnel in their car before? I believe you board at Folkstone and drive oot again near Calais but I can find surprisingly little online about it. Can't even see how long the crossing takes. The ferries are mental expensive so it looks like it's the tunnel or nothing.

Do you stay seated in your car for the duration of the journey?

Anyone ever done the Eurotunnel in their car before? I believe you board at Folkstone and drive oot again near Calais but I can find surprisingly little online about it. Can't even see how long the crossing takes. The ferries are mental expensive so it looks like it's the tunnel or nothing.

I've been on a bus, but that was years ago when I was a kid.  You can get out and walk around, but there isn't exactly much to see!  You do board at Folkstone from memory and I think you are only under the sea for 20-30 mins.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone got any experience on looking for flights to New Zealand?  Any particular stop overs to avoid?  Currently looking to go with Malaysian, decent value and despite the disappearance and Russian slaughter are decent enough.  What is KL like as a stop over?

My Kiwi pal had a few folk over for his wedding a few years back. I think some of them stopped in KL for a few days to break up the trip. Think it's quite a popular thing to do.

My Kiwi pal had a few folk over for his wedding a few years back. I think some of them stopped in KL for a few days to break up the trip. Think it's quite a popular thing to do.

Nice one, cheers. Only issue is my g/f is slightly hesitant on flying Malaysian, but it's considerably cheaper than Cathay and Singapore Airlines.

Anyone got any experience on looking for flights to New Zealand?  Any particular stop overs to avoid?  Currently looking to go with Malaysian, decent value and despite the disappearance and Russian slaughter are decent enough.  What is KL like as a stop over?

Air Singapore all the way

Probably to late, ive done it a few years back, stayed in the car if I mind right.

Im off to makarska in a fortnight,  second year in a row going to Croatia, love it, red wine, great food and sun, hoping to take in a hadjuk game when we have a day oot in split

• 2 weeks later...

KL is ok.

I'd swap it for Singapore though if that's an option.

KL is ok.

I'd swap it for Singapore though if that's an option.

Sadly Singapore turned out to be £3000! So went with the next best thing and Cathay which was just under £1300 and a seven hour lay over in Hk. Just a shame we can leave the airport, always wanted to go to HK but hey ho. Malaysian only had an hour lay over which seemed a bit risky.

Sadly Singapore turned out to be £3000! So went with the next best thing and Cathay which was just under £1300 and a seven hour lay over in Hk. Just a shame we can leave the airport, always wanted to go to HK but hey ho. Malaysian only had an hour lay over which seemed a bit risky.

Should have used Air New Zealand via L.A.

Idiot.

Hello.

Hope you are all well.

My work computer filters out Donstalk.

O/T - Yerevan, Tbilisi & Baku are all pretty cool. Azeri-ans don't like Armenians too much.

Should have used Air New Zealand via L.A.

Idiot.

Hello.

Hope you are all well.

My work computer filters out Donstalk.

O/T - Yerevan, Tbilisi & Baku are all pretty cool. Azeri-ans don't like Armenians too much.

Ha, that was the one route I was certain I did not want to do.  No Kiwi I have ever spoken to has spoken well of it.  Also, LAX immigration officers are cunts  :thumbsup:

Hope all is good!