Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

23 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

Modern day fitba is a joke. He's been given cash to bring in his own players yet gets fired after seven games.  Thumped by AZ, Celtic and Hearts.  How many of those were the United bosses seriously expecting them to win?

The Bournemouth situation is exactly the same.  A promoted team beaten by Arsenal, City and Liverpool so you fire the manager.  Crazy.

2 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Modern day fitba is a joke. He's been given cash to bring in his own players yet gets fired after seven games.  Thumped by AZ, Celtic and Hearts.  How many of those were the United bosses seriously expecting them to win?

The Bournemouth situation is exactly the same.  A promoted team beaten by Arsenal, City and Liverpool so you fire the manager.  Crazy.

Jack Ross is a turnip and it's better to recognise a mistake and fix it quickly rather than let it drag on.

Parker is a complete chocolate who kept slagging the players and by association the people who signed them so the owner had enough and binned him.

5 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Think the 3-0 defeat off St Mirren in there was the one that showed Ross had completely lost dressing room. Easier to sack manager than the players. 

32 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Jack Ross is a turnip and it's better to recognise a mistake and fix it quickly rather than let it drag on.

Parker is a complete chocolate who kept slagging the players and by association the people who signed them so the owner had enough and binned him.

I don’t agree. Both are decent managers, Ross has taken teams to finals and Parker got Bournemouth promoted so cannot be that bad. Clubs need to appreciate where they are in the food chain. Both of these teams would be fighting to stay in their respective leagues whoever was in charge, that’s not going to change just because they have changed their management. Stupid supporter expectations fuel all of this nonsense.

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/mark-mcghee-claims-aberdeens-record-7530862?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Waited 10mins from red card and till it was 3-0 before subbing Aluko for Young

Then swaps vernon for magennis at 4-0 who scores an OG 3mins later and the floodgates opened.

And now slags the entire team which he picked

Classy guy all round

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/mark-mcghee-claims-aberdeens-record-7530862?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Waited 10mins from red card and till it was 3-0 before subbing Aluko for Young

Then swaps vernon for magennis at 4-0 who scores an OG 3mins later and the floodgates opened.

And now slags the entire team which he picked

Classy guy all round

He's absolutely brilliant. I love him. He'd make a great vice president in 2024.

• 4 weeks later...

McGhee announces his retirement from management, a polite way of saying he nows realises he is unemployable.

Just wish he had done it years ago in particular before he ever came anywhere near the hot seat at Pittodrie and forever sullied his status at the club.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

McGhee announces his retirement from management, a polite way of saying he nows realises he is unemployable.

Just wish he had done it years ago in particular before he ever came anywhere near the hot seat at Pittodrie and forever sullied his status at the club.

Is it not quite traditional to have a job before retiring?

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

On the eve of the McInnes return to Pittodrie, Kilmarnock announce he has signed a contract extension until.the summer of 2026.

Seems a fairly bold statement from them as know a few Killie fans that are far from convinced by him.

Surprising. Very surprising given they're due to sign someone above him are they not? To handle transfers etc? Maybe he's accepted that's where it went wrong with us.  From a couple of pods i've listened to, it seems he's not had his first team available until the most recent game (Jones and another I think). So I wonder how he sets them up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

McInally has resigned from Peterhead. 
11 years is some going in this day and age but they appear to be adrift at the bottom of League 1, so maybe not a huge surprise.

Peterhead lost number of their better players over the summer and have also had a number of players out injured that have only just returned from injury so probably have an excuse for the poor start.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BigAl said:

The very one MBT

The same one that sullied his good name by signing on in Govan with thon team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers

His sacked in the morning episode is worth a listen.  Basically says he said to Aberdeen I'll stay if I get a car like snelders has and was ignored.  His take was the board wanted the sale to happen and he was shown the door 

12 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

His sacked in the morning episode is worth a listen.  Basically says he said to Aberdeen I'll stay if I get a car like snelders has and was ignored.  His take was the board wanted the sale to happen and he was shown the door 

Got to confess, I haven't heard that before tlg, will need to have a listen to that 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...