Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

McInnes is too big for a job like Hibs.

Is he really? Went to England and wasn’t successful. Didn’t leave us at his peak, got sacked, doing ok at killie after finishing 10th, no wow factor there. nothing special and a couple of decent results this year doesn’t really change things. Hibs is a step up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Is he really? Went to England and wasn’t successful. Didn’t leave us at his peak, got sacked, doing ok at killie after finishing 10th, no wow factor there. nothing special and a couple of decent results this year doesn’t really change things. Hibs is a step up.

I wasn't being serious. However, he's got a job for the foreseeable with Killie, and I don't think he'll feel that Hibs is worth the hassle. Johnson must be nearly their longest serving manager this century.

Edit: he's not even close, but there's only a few that have reached a hundred games (and those that do have usually had a helping hand with being in the championship when they got the job). They've had 16 managers this century.

Edited by RicoS321

It's a horrible, horrible industry.  Used to think life at the top of the game was ridiculous in that the Real Madrids and Barcelonas of this world would fire a manager after half a dozen dodgy results, but Hibs?  They have actually let the guy spend a decent sum of cash in the summer, he has just lost his best player and they fire him three games into the league season.  Do chairman not realise that someone is always going to be at the bottom of the league, the provincial clubs can't all be in fourth place.  I would love their chairman to have to explain to Johnson's kids how their Dad has just lost his job because his team lost three games of fitba.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

It's a horrible, horrible industry.  Used to think life at the top of the game was ridiculous in that the Real Madrids and Barcelonas of this world would fire a manager after half a dozen dodgy results, but Hibs?  They have actually let the guy spend a decent sum of cash in the summer, he has just lost his best player and they fire him three games into the league season.  Do chairman not realise that someone is always going to be at the bottom of the league, the provincial clubs can't all be in fourth place.  I would love their chairman to have to explain to Johnson's kids how their Dad has just lost his job because his team lost three games of fitba.

With Lee greeting in the background? You're right, that would make for great viewing.

To be honest, that is likely to be us now. I'm not convinced Robson will get much time if we continue to struggle. Hibs will be expected to challenge for third place and the money that comes with it. As will Aberdeen and Hearts. Failure to finish in third will have consequences. That's what they've all bought in to. Wouldn't be surprised if Hibs promote from within like us and Hearts have. 

2 hours ago, Kowalski said:

FFS. Any soft spot I had for Caley has vanished while that cunt is their manager. 

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Why would anyone have had a soft spot for the Inverness Huns?

Went to school in Inverness, and went to many Caley games as a kid when they were just Caley in the Highland League.

Aberdeen born and bred though.

3 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Went to school in Inverness, and went to many Caley games as a kid when they were just Caley in the Highland League.

I'd have thought that would be less reason to have a soft spot, given the merger debacle. Or was it just the Thistle fans that were against that? 

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

38month pay off. 6months more than hibs had to fork out

Beale was on £600k p/a at Rovers before QPR brought him in. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on £1.2M per annum at Scotland's youngest club. So that'd make it potentially around £3.8M they paid him out today. Just gets sweeter and sweeter!