Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

A decent chauffeur would have sneaked Goodwin out in his boot, instead of making him walk across Easter road.

Being serious for a moment, heard from a good authority that that was literally his contribution to the partnership, driving Goodwin about 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Slim said:

Will be interesting to see who they go after, considering we’ve already passed on everyone currently available. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them go for McInnes or Robinson.

I think that Goodwin has proven today that he's ready for the step up.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Hearts and their fans really showing their colours right now. Fans graffitiing a mural funded by their fellow fans. And now players blaming "enduring European football exploits" for their tiredness that has led to their downfall. 

Boo fucking hoo!

That excuse about playing in Europe is particularly laughable considering they've had a long mid season break for the world cup since they last kicked a ball in Europe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Davidson sacked by St Johnstone. 

That makes only 6 out of 12 SPFL clubs still having the same manager they started the season with.  Given 3 of those are Hibs, Killie and Ross County, I wouldn't be surprised to see that number fall even further.

On another note, Callum Davidson was the longest-serving manager in the league at 2yrs,9mths,29days.  Martindale now assumes the mantle at 2yrs,3mths,26days.

carousel-168125.jpg

22 hours ago, OxfordDon said:

That makes only 6 out of 12 SPFL clubs still having the same manager they started the season with.  Given 3 of those are Hibs, Killie and Ross County, I wouldn't be surprised to see that number fall even further.

On another note, Callum Davidson was the longest-serving manager in the league at 2yrs,9mths,29days.  Martindale now assumes the mantle at 2yrs,3mths,26days.

carousel-168125.jpg

Surprised it’s as many as 6 still not changed manager as feels like there has been one every couple of weeks. 

Just embarrassing. Davidson is surely a St Johnstone legend, they are not going to be relegated. Like Hearts they should have done the decent thing and parted ways after the season had finished. Disgraceful way to treat a manager who won you two cups just a couple of years ago.

I’d love to see a rule introduced where you had to keep your manager for the whole season, it would stop all this shite.

I see the boy Kennedy from Darvel has left. Maybe Dave has lined him up for the summer 😉

4 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Just embarrassing. Davidson is surely a St Johnstone legend, they are not going to be relegated. Like Hearts they should have done the decent thing and parted ways after the season had finished. Disgraceful way to treat a manager who won you two cups just a couple of years ago.

I’d love to see a rule introduced where you had to keep your manager for the whole season, it would stop all this shite.

I see the boy Kennedy from Darvel has left. Maybe Dave has lined him up for the summer 😉

Kennedy is allegedly going to another West of Scotland team with Pollock being mentioned. 

• 4 weeks later...

Gary Bowyer leaves Dundee. Seemed to do alright from the outside, but now they're back in the big leagues we should expect a more experienced head to take back the reins. It'll be interesting to see if Strachan can coax his friend out of retirement.

46 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Gary Bowyer leaves Dundee. Seemed to do alright from the outside, but now they're back in the big leagues we should expect a more experienced head to take back the reins. It'll be interesting to see if Strachan can coax his friend out of retirement.

Supposedly Bowyer returning to Blackpool. Also rumours that Bowyer and owners at Dundee did not get on. Callum Davidson being mentioned as the replacement.

• 2 weeks later...