Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

5 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

They've pulled the trigger a tad early for me but with January looming you can understand it.  

I agree. Although no coincidence Alex Neil was covering their game last night I suspect. Reckon they'll be getting in quick before he gets another gig. 

A couple of poor signings has made the difference. They didn't strengthen in the key areas to take them to the next level. A few players in there, guys like Gogic and I'd say Doyle-Hayes and Newell too) aren't consistently good enough to compete with even the dons and hearts in midfield. I think Ross is a decent manager, but the margins between success and failure are very tight in this league.

They sacked the head of recruitment a while ago for this summers failings in the transfer market so bit surprised they have sacked Ross now but 4 points out of last 27 does usually lead to a manager being in trouble. As Rico says Alex Neil must be a lead candidate for this one or maybe McInnes?

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I agree. Although no coincidence Alex Neil was covering their game last night I suspect. Reckon they'll be getting in quick before he gets another gig. 

A couple of poor signings has made the difference. They didn't strengthen in the key areas to take them to the next level. A few players in there, guys like Gogic and I'd say Doyle-Hayes and Newell too) aren't consistently good enough to compete with even the dons and hearts in midfield. I think Ross is a decent manager, but the margins between success and failure are very tight in this league.

Their defence is all over the place too, it really lacks leadership.  

Neil has said a fair few times he has no interest in coming back to Scotland but would be a really good appt if they got him

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Falkirk announce Martin Rennie as new manager.

Managed at Vancouver and recently at Indy 11 in USL. Allegedly mate of one of new Falkirk board members. 

Why would you EVER go from Vancouver to Falkirk in any situation? (even with Indy 11 in between).

Mental!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Why would you EVER go from Vancouver to Falkirk in any situation? (even with Indy 11 in between).

Mental!

He had left Indy 11 in the summer and was out of work. Vaguely remember him being linked with a number of jobs before so think he has been trying to get back to U.K. for a while. 

54 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

One of the most expensive cities in the world when yer unemployed and yer visa is expiring.....or Falkirk

Anyway Vancouver is quite grim in the winter

And one of the best cities to live.

Have you been?

Typical tunnel vision by a Scottish person.

16 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

And one of the best cities to live.

Have you been?

Typical tunnel vision by a Scottish person.

Have you been to Falkirk? 

I wouldn't want to live in Vancouver. I expect there are better places to live in Canada. It has nothing to do with tunnel vision. Some humans like different things to others.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Have you been to Falkirk? 

I wouldn't want to live in Vancouver. I expect there are better places to live in Canada. It has nothing to do with tunnel vision. Some humans like different things to others.

Bullshit 

It has everything to do with tunnel vision.

Vancouver is a superb city.

Falkirk isn't.

If I said the black ball in pool was black, you would say different.

Expand your horizons dude.

21 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Bullshit 

It has everything to do with tunnel vision.

Vancouver is a superb city.

Falkirk isn't.

If I said the black ball in pool was black, you would say different.

Expand your horizons dude.

No, it isn't tunnel vision, I think you're using the wrong term. I'd happily move to many different places in the world, but Vancouver wouldn't be one of them. Falkirk is closer to my friends and family, thus would win out over Vancouver. I'd be more likely to move somewhere in Finland or France than Vancouver for example. I don't particularly like cities. I think most are unnatural, unsustainable, abominations, so if I were moving to Canada I'd likely move to one of the islands or some such. If I were interested in expanding my horizons, however, I wouldn't likely move to another English speaking country recently settled by my own country's descendents. 

10 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

No, it isn't tunnel vision, I think you're using the wrong term. I'd happily move to many different places in the world, but Vancouver wouldn't be one of them. Falkirk is closer to my friends and family, thus would win out over Vancouver. I'd be more likely to move somewhere in Finland or France than Vancouver for example. I don't particularly like cities. I think most are unnatural, unsustainable, abominations, so if I were moving to Canada I'd likely move to one of the islands or some such. If I were interested in expanding my horizons, however, I wouldn't likely move to another English speaking country recently settled by my own country's descendents. 

It's tunnel vision.

It's the safeness of where you're at now.

It's going to benidorm or Ibiza every year so you can drink Guinness and eat chips

And English speaking countries are very, very different to Scotland.That's just naivety.

We are comparing Falkirk to Vancouver.

I'd be interested to hear why Falkirk would be more appealing to anyone on this planet than Vancouver.

🤣

From my experience of Canada if I had to pick a place Id chose Quebec City (possibly Canada's answer to Falkirk). 

Why is Falkirk more appealing to ANYONE on this planet than Vancouver

As everyone is unique there could be an endless list of answers but some suggestions could be what Rico said plus
Its much cheaper
It's midway between two reasonable sized cities so you have good options for work with reasonable commmute, close to where major concerts happen, close to two international airports, good rail links, close to the Trossachs
Weather is more predictable
As its a smaller place the crime levels are lower
Donald Trump doesnt have a hotel there
Less likely to encouter a bear or wolf should you decide to go for a walk in the countryside
You might have no desire at all to go anywhere near Canada.
You might be a Falkirk Fan 

Anyway the new manager bounce doesnt seem to be happening for old Mr Rennie

Edited by tom_widdows

6 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

From my experience of Canada if I had to pick a place Id chose Quebec City (possibly Canada's answer to Falkirk). 

Why is Falkirk more appealing to ANYONE on this planet than Vancouver

As everyone is unique there could be an endless list of answers but some suggestions could be what Rico said plus
Its much cheaper
It's midway between two reasonable sized cities so you have good options for work with reasonable commmute, close to where major concerts happen, close to two international airports, good rail links, close to the Trossachs
Weather is more predictable
As its a smaller place the crime levels are lower
Donald Trump doesnt have a hotel there
Less likely to encouter a bear or wolf should you decide to go for a walk in the countryside
You might have no desire at all to go anywhere near Canada.
You might be a Falkirk Fan 

Anyway the new manager bounce doesnt seem to be happening for old Mr Rennie

Okay Rab C Nesbitt.

🤣

Edited by HaarDon