Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

I don't doubt he is. I'd say it's impossible to be worth about £300 million, by being a nice guy. More the family image he likes to portray for his football club, doesn't really fit with MacKay's racist, misogynistic public persona. 

I don't particularly like or dislike Malky Mackay but he has been a victim of the massively politically correct world we now live in.  What he said in his texts was absolutely no different to what you would hear in most factories, buildings sites and probably more importantly, in the stands of most football stadiums throughout the country on a daily basis.  His texts with the bloke at Crystal Palace was simply private banter between mates.  He was stitched up big time and as a result lost his way having been a really promising young manager that was doing pretty well down south.  Good luck to him at County.

53 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I don't particularly like or dislike Malky Mackay but he has been a victim of the massively politically correct world we now live in.  What he said in his texts was absolutely no different to what you would hear in most factories, buildings sites and probably more importantly, in the stands of most football stadiums throughout the country on a daily basis.  His texts with the bloke at Crystal Palace was simply private banter between mates.  He was stitched up big time and as a result lost his way having been a really promising young manager that was doing pretty well down south.  Good luck to him at County.

Just because you hear it everyday does not make it right. Mackay is not the victim of anything. He is a racist who got outed for his backward views. Nothing more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jute, it was a light hearted, private exchange between two mates via text message, not personal abuse directed at anyone yet he has been depicted as some sort of monster.  People seem determined to get offended at anything nowadays yet we seem to accept the bile dished out at football grounds to referees and opposing players without batting an eyelid.  Jesus, we've just signed someone who served time for fracturing a guy's skull with a baseball bat!     

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Jute, it was a light hearted, private exchange between two mates via text message, not personal abuse directed at anyone yet he has been depicted as some sort of monster.  People seem determined to get offended at anything nowadays yet we seem to accept the bile dished out at football grounds to referees and opposing players without batting an eyelid.  Jesus, we've just signed someone who served time for fracturing a guy's skull with a baseball bat!     

That's not how I remember it. I thought it was several exchanges with different people using his work email. Could be wrong. For me, it's a bit like the Brown situation, you show contrition, address it head on and apologise. Mackay never really did much other than address the fact that he was caught. I like the idea of forgiveness, and much as I'd absolutely forgive Brown, I'd do the same for Mackay if I was a county fan. However that option isn't really there if the club just try and hide and wait for it to go away which is the approach County and AFC took. It's all a bit pathetic really, I doubt it'll ever be worth the hassle for County.

• Like 4

Aye, there was the Korean player that he commented about chinky's, slanty eyes and eating dogs. 

"having a go on" the female agent's (possibly) fake tits. 

And slagging the overweight Jewish football agents penchant for money and overall greed. 

It was with a colleague or colleagues on work mobiles, not private conversations?

Not entirely sure that's "banter" either as none of the people being discussed were involved in the "banter". 

To me it would suggest an endemic workplace culture, and his attitude seems to be that he can say and do anything. 

• Like 2

McGregor is supposed to be in the god squad. So as a bible thumper he should know that racism has no place in football.

Mackay is unrepentant. He never properly apologised. Therefore he thinks he did nothing wrong.

Children attend the game and see this big racist in the dugout. PR disaster. They all have access to Google.

I think McGregor has lost the plot. He should just pull out. Mackay should not be allowed to take charge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baggy89 said:

Aye, there was the Korean player that he commented about chinky's, slanty eyes and eating dogs.

Those comments were just straightforward racism - racist slur, racist stereotype, nothing remotely funny about it. Pretending that's normal banter you'd hear in a workplace is complete nonsense.

42 minutes ago, Jute said:

Talks between Howe and Celtic have broken down according to SSN. 

Fucking hilarious

Three months they whored themselves to get him and his crew on board

You couldn't make it up.

Serves the self righteous fucks right.

Celtic looking at appointing Davidson now, shambles.

I suspect Sheerin will do well for Falkirk. He's a dour bastard but he did OK in his short spell in charge of us, I was impressed by his use of young players. Although he did stick with Kamberi, who is obviously shit.

On 24/05/2021 at 19:18, RicoS321 said:

Mickey's Mellon leaving the Arabs. If only there was an out of work manager recently succesful in the North East of Scotland.

Mellon been reappointed as Tranmere manager. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...