Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Maloney confirmed as Hibs manager. 

Interesting appointment and looks very much like Hibs are going down the same road as Dons with their management set up. 

Aye, getting rid of a respected manager who knows what he is doing and appointing someone who has never managed and has not been near scotttish fitba for about a decade 🤔 

What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by wokinginashearerwonderland

7 hours ago, BigAl said:

Intrigued by your response HD.

Can you expand on why you say that for my benefit please ?

I just think being beside Martinez, managing the best team in the world and seeing all that success and skill must surely rub off on a person in a coaching position.

Far, far more than what Glass had seen and experienced.

Just my opinion.

Time will tell I guess with Hibs and future management positions.

Nothing against Glass personally but between the 2, I would've chosen Maloney all day.

I reckon every other Dons fan would too.

6 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I just think being beside Martinez, managing the best team in the world and seeing all that success and skill must surely rub off on a person in a coaching position.

Far, far more than what Glass had seen and experienced.

Just my opinion.

Time will tell I guess with Hibs and future management positions.

Nothing against Glass personally but between the 2, I would've chosen Maloney all day.

I reckon every other Dons fan would too.

I wasn't having a go at you but was just curious as to your thinking behind the bold statement you made

Maloney may turn out to be Hibs best ever manager for all any of us know, but just because he worked with the Martinez and the Belgian squad doesn't nevessarily mean that that will translate into him being a great club manager and possessing the necessary man management skills required.

Of course, time will tell mate 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I wasn't having a go at you but was just curious as to your thinking behind the bold statement you made

Maloney may turn out to be Hibs best ever manager for all any of us know, but just because he worked with the Martinez and the Belgian squad doesn't nevessarily mean that that will translate into him being a great club manager and possessing the necessary man management skills required.

Of course, time will tell mate 😉

I totally agree Al.

I just think success breeds success and Maloney saw plenty of that and must've been inspired and gained plenty knowledge and ideas over the years.

I hope Glass turns out to be our best ever manager.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Murdoch's minions suggesting McInnes will be taking over at Killie

Good move for them. I'm guessing that any gardening leave he might have been on with us will be coming towards an end. Surprised nobody down south took a punt. Close to his family though, he might be hoping he can do a Clarke. Could work out well.