Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

22 minutes ago, Jute said:

Surely this was something that’s been in the works and they have not done it before the cup game so as not to distract players.

Think it has to have been, as his team acquired themselves pretty well today, all things considered.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Imagine if Goodwin got the gig..... 

I'm guessing that the reason Lennon has been in about the radio shows is that he got a heads up about this one being available. Would be a good appointment for them, it's not like they've been hurt by former Hibs managers recently. 

Hopefully they won't have anyone in place by the weekend.

It'll be interesting to see if the pressure to play entertaining football had any effect on the way he sets up teams. I expect we'll see little passing out from the back, and a concentration on keeping things tight, whilst hoofing to Fletcher. Could easily work out well for Goodwin. I'm surprised they allowed him to take thon gormless laddy with him as number two though.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

It'll be interesting to see if the pressure to play entertaining football had any effect on the way he sets up teams. I expect we'll see little passing out from the back, and a concentration on keeping things tight, whilst hoofing to Fletcher. Could easily work out well for Goodwin. I'm surprised they allowed him to take thon gormless laddy with him as number two though.

I would expect Goodwin to go back to way he had his St Mirren sides set up with not losing being their priority and building from there. Although his last season at St Mirren that was not working too well.