Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Milsom - Long Term Contract

No brainer tbh, make him an offer and see igf he'll sign now. sure i read somewhere that much as he'd like to play in the Premiership again he is enjoying life at Aberdeen and would be happy to sign on for longer term:

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown is ready to offer midfielder Rob Milsom a long-term contract at Pittodrie.

The 24-year-old has been an impressive addition since joining from English Premier League club Fulham on January 13 on a deal until the summer. Milsom is a free agent at the end of the season but Brown has already seen enough in his first four appearances to want him signed on a longer-term contract.

The midfielder will have a key role when Aberdeen face Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup fifth round at Pittodrie on Sunday.

Brown said: “Milsom has done very well for us and has looked a very worthy acquisition. He has been involved in very difficult games, playing against Celtic three times in 11 days, and he has been a standout. I would like to keep him in the long term. We have the Dunfermline game on Sunday but after that there is a little break for the international matches and we will be looking to begin talks with him next week.”

Brown wants Milsom tied up but others in the squad face uncertain futures. Goalkeeper Jamie Langfield, defender Zander Diamond, midfielder Derek Young and attackers Sone Aluko and Chris Maguire are out of contract in the summer.

Milsom and defender David McNamee are on short-term deals until June.

Attacker Nick Blackman and defenders Nikola Vujadinovic and Steven Smith are also on loans which expire at the end of the season.

Brown is facing a major rebuilding project in the summer but his focus is on the present.

The former Scotland manager does not think the uncertainty will affect players’ performances – far from it.

The manager expects even more from those who have the most to gain.

He said: “In my experience, players perform better towards the end of their contracts. They know they are in the shop window, not just to earn deals at Aberdeen but at other clubs.

“We did not receive any approaches for our players in January but we know they are being watched and they are playing for deals here or elsewhere.”

Brown is optimistic midfielder Ryan Jack will be available to face the Pars, despite suffering a shin injury against Celtic on Tuesday but defender David McNamee is targeting next week’s trip to St Johnstone after aggravating a groin problem.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2118688#ixzz1CydDn9pJ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience of Aberdeen players approaching the end of their contracts is they try even less than they already did, i.e Mulgrew.

I have seen Milsom three of his four games and have read lots of stuff on various forums about him being a stand out but can't mind him being that good in any of the games? That said in at least two of those three games i've been depressed as fk after the first 15 minutes so may explain it.

Ah well, nae quite true. Mackie starts hitting the back of the net whenever his contract is up for renewal. Robbie Winters' most prolific season was the one before he left us. Same goes for Severin before he signed a contract extension with the Dons - he was playing some pretty magnificent stuff in the lead-up to that contract renewal. Soon as he signed on, he gave up

have read lots of stuff on various forums about him being a stand out but can't mind him being that good in any of the games?

I am the same! I can't think of anything that springs to mind about him being a stand-out!

But he is certainly a worthy addition to the team and I would be delighted for him to stay beyond the summer! Get him signed!!  :thumbsup:

I am the same! I can't think of anything that springs to mind about him being a stand-out!

Plays with his head up, always looks for the ball and can spot a pass, and more pertinently seems to know how to execute it once he's seen it.

All of those things are desperately lacking in our side.

Plays with his head up, always looks for the ball and can spot a pass, and more pertinently seems to know how to execute it once he's seen it.

Spot on Bobby.

Said it before and I'll say it again, the majority of professional footballers on the edge of a Premiership 1st eleven will add value to out team. Milsom definitely fits the bill

Spot on Bobby.

Said it before and I'll say it again, the majority of professional footballers on the edge of a Premiership 1st eleven will add value to out team. Milsom definitely fits the bill

Too right, the games I've managed to see, he's looked very positive, its a no brainer for me!

But if he only misses one game then I believe we can live with that, too often we have players out for 3 weeks or more and that's when it can really have an effect as the player will take time to get up to pace. We've not exactly been very lucky with injuries especially central midfielders.

But if he only misses one game then I believe we can live with that, too often we have players out for 3 weeks or more and that's when it can really have an effect as the player will take time to get up to pace. We've not exactly been very lucky with injuries especially central midfielders.

Don't disagree at all, just viewing it from the winnable perspective. Having him in the team makes us stronger and id be more confident in getting something from the game.

ABERDEEN FC midfielder Rob Milsom suffered a severed artery in the 1-0 Scottish Cup win over Dunfermline.

The January signing was bleeding heavily from the horror wound and was substituted after only seven minutes.

Milsom had stitches inserted by the club’s medical staff and now faces a battle to be fit for Saturday’s SPL clash at St Johnstone.

From the EE

That's gotta hurt, wouldn't of thought he'd make it

On a serious note, ... Tyrant,  it was his shin area!

If it was a severed artery as reported,  then ?? his anterior tibial artery  :-\ 

I know of at least one knowledgable gentleman on this subject on here who can confirm or correct me, and give much better diagnosis/prognosis! So don't quote me! My partially educated guess may be wrong!