Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Captain this coming season

Langfield. Mainly because he's going to be 1st choice in his position. Kerr was undroppable and that certainly was nothing to do with performance. I don't want another captain who hasn't proved he should be playing every week.

Clangers needs to learn to handle more pressure generally so he stops shitting it when he's out his depth (ie munich). Gettng used to the responsibility of captain could be good for him and his game. Not true of kerr and i personally doubt it would be true of zander.

MM said it would be a new player, and if we get him I'd imagine it will be Hartley. (very unlikely we'll get him in my view)

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1832270?UserKey=

seems he may have hartley earmarked for captain with zander the 2nd choice.

Diamond could get captaincy of Aberdeen FC

Boost for battling defender Zander

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 19/07/2010

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today admitted he is warming to the idea of making Zander Diamond the next club captain.

McGhee said earlier in the summer that he hoped to sign a new skipper to succeed Mark Kerr who moved to Greece under freedom of contract in the close season.

That has still to happen, so McGhee gave the armband to Aberdeen FC defender Diamond for the friendlies at Fraserburgh and Peterhead.

Diamond has never hidden his desire to eventually lead the club he has been with since a boy.

And McGhee certainly hasn’t ruled out the possibility of that finally happening.

When asked if Zander could hold get the captain’s armband permanently, McGhee replied: “Of course it’s a possibility.

“When you are looking for a captain you are looking for someone who will be an ever present in the team.

“If he stays fit, I can’t imagine Zander ever being out of my starting 11.”

If by some miracle we sign Hartley then he would be the best option. If we do not then probably Langfield would be the best of a bad lot.

miracle n. An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God

Willie Miller = God

Therefore quite logical  :-\

Give it to fyvie.....play him every week.......build team round him.......

worked with willie miller.....

and to some extent barry ferguson at rangers....

dont think it means a great deal anyway....

Fyvie is a great captain for the Scotland u19s but way too young for Aberdeen captain and as for building a team round him - we will be cashing in on him at the end of next season.

Could we hold onto him for a bit if we made him feel important, ??......captaincy bigger contract (im not sure when it runs out to be honest, but im assuming by your post its the end of season 2011-2012?

Aye, next season. I dont want him to stay I want him to be bought, if they overrated cuntnugget Wilson at rangers is worth £5m we can make some money and clear the debt.

Has to be Diamond for me (of the players we already have)

Was a difficult season for him last year, but I think giving him the captain's armband would do him the world of good. Guaranteed never to hide when things aren't going so well on the pitch, drives the team forward with his forays up the park, isn't scared to dish out the odd rollocking, and, of course, he is one of our top players.

Has to be Diamond for me (of the players we already have)

Was a difficult season for him last year, but I think giving him the captain's armband would do him the world of good. Guaranteed never to hide when things aren't going so well on the pitch, drives the team forward with his forays up the park, isn't scared to dish out the odd rollocking, and, of course, he is one of our top players.

Nail on the head!