Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Golf an that

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good reasons for both candidates really.

I'd be happy with either but I suppose it SHOULD be McGinley.

Don't get me wrong, anyone of the candidates mentioned lately would be a great captain, really think McGinley should get it too though.  I agree with McIlroy that the captaincy should be a one time thing. There are plenty of candidates now that deserve a chance rather than going back to Monty.

Bit of a shame that it seems Sandy Lyle's time has passed though, would have been good for him to captain the team on home soil but the next generation seem to be in front of him in the queue now.

Regardless of who gets the captaincy... I'm looking forward to winning more money off Topcorner  :wave:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tiger.

Took advantage with his drop on 15th, admitted it.

Today gets 2 shot penalty; lots of USTV pundits think it should have been a DQ and that Tiger should now DQ himself.

I agree it should hve been a DQ but the rules committee have found a "fudge" rule to keep him in, and, sorry if I'm wrong, I just don't see Tiger admitting any more fault and DQing himself.

Kinda takes the gloss off it now, especially if he manages a good finish.

Angel Cabrera was a star, great ambassador for golf and sport in general.

He's kind of like the opposite of that cunt tiger woods.

And well done Adam Scott, showed great bottle and spoke really well at the presentation.

I'm not entirely sure why theres so much ill feeling towards Woods, hardly his fault the committee made the wrong call and failed to disqualify him.

If he'd known that he had broken a rule would he really have mentioned it in his interview?  Seems like an honest mistake that was dealt with terribly.

Thought Woods came across quite well through it all to be honest.

I'm not entirely sure why theres so much ill feeling towards Woods, hardly his fault the committee made the wrong call and failed to disqualify him.

If he'd known that he had broken a rule would he really have mentioned it in his interview?  Seems like an honest mistake that was dealt with terribly.

Thought Woods came across quite well through it all to be honest.

IMHO he should have withdrawn from the tournament.

• 1 month later...

If Garcia had said he was inviting Paul Lawrie round for some haggis, I doubt we'd be discussing it in a thread on donstalk. Tiger needs to laugh it off, or just fuck off. Everyone's an over sensitive arsehole these days. A bit like scousers.  ;)