Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Golf an that

Westwood's meltdown on twitter was funny and a reminder why I don't do facebook and twitter. I get in to enough trouble spikkin shite as I do to a dozen hapenny AFC cunts on online forums let alone dealing with the world. You don't have to be famous to make an arse of yourself but the amount of times I could make an arse of myself if the media was wide enough, I don't need the additional exposure.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Pretty pissed off......however money I'll save on that, will make it easier to convince her indoors that I will need a golfing trip abroad again next September.......every cloud and all that, I guess  ???

Got tickets today for the Sunday :thumbsup:

And because of the way this worked out, also got five days golfing in Spain just after it

Andrew, hope you were lucky today as well  ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aye poulter and Gallacher had a nightmare, Gallacher looked really bothered by nerves and poulter didn't look to be firing on all cylinders, don't think he's all that comfortable having to be the safe one in the pairing, but he had to be due to Gallacher being in trouble almost constantly.  Speith and reed were good but poulter and Gallacher pretty much handed them it.

• 4 months later...
Sky will broadcast the Open Championship from 2017 after winning exclusive live rights.

The broadcaster has signed a five-year deal to show the oldest of golf's major championships, the R&A announced.

The BBC, which has previously broadcast the tournament live, will now show a two-hour daily highlights package between 20:00 and 22:00.

The BBC will show this year's Open at St Andrews and the 2016 tournament at Royal Troon live on television.

From 2017, the BBC will continue to provide live radio coverage of the tournament on BBC Radio 5 live, and to cover the tournament online.

Director of BBC Sport Barbara Slater said: "We're obviously disappointed that we were unable to retain live TV coverage of The Open Championship.

"However, we're pleased to be continuing our 60-year partnership with the R&A and feel that a comprehensive two-hour highlights programme - a format which has already proven successful - in a prime-time slot over four days will allow us to continue to bring all the best action and key moments from The Open to a large free-to-air audience on TV, radio and online."

Peter Dawson, chief executive of the R&A said: "We have enjoyed a long and successful relationship with the BBC and, although the nature of that relationship is changing from 2017, we are delighted that the BBC will broadcast prime-time highlights and that the Championship will continue to benefit from extensive live coverage on Radio 5 Live and online.

"Importantly, the new agreement will enable us to increase substantially our support for golf in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

"That our increased commitment to golf in both countries is to be supported by both Sky Sports and the BBC is a hugely positive step for our sport."

Money talks.

I phoned Sky the other day and told them I wanted to bin Sky Sports. But apparently because I've got a deal with broadband linked with my Sky Sports I'd only save £15 a month if I went ahead. The boy ended up giving me £15 off for the next 8 months and I get to keep Sky Sports. Nae bad.

Phone Sky and plead skint if you want to save some money.

I keep telling myself I'm going to bin it entirely once my contract is up.

I phoned Sky the other day and told them I wanted to bin Sky Sports. But apparently because I've got a deal with broadband linked with my Sky Sports I'd only save £15 a month if I went ahead. The boy ended up giving me £15 off for the next 8 months and I get to keep Sky Sports. Nae bad.

Phone Sky and plead skint if you want to save some money.

I keep telling myself I'm going to bin it entirely once my contract is up.

Interesting, I'm going to try the same next week  :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...