Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Golf an that

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Jim Furyk (bottle merchant) is wearing a pair of Adidas Samba today. Perhaps a nod to the old school soccer casual movement or he's playing 5s later on tonight...

He ran with the West Ham Hooligans in the 1980s I believe. Had to leave the country after getting into a bit of bother (bottler in more ways than one apparetly) and took up golf. Really was the making of him, but he never forgets his roots in the casuals.

Not noticed that one MBT, but the "MASH POTATO" shite they come out with when someone hits a drive really grinds my gears; surprised one of them hasn't been forced to eat the thick end of a 7 iron.

That and shouting "BA BA BOOEY" After drives are hit.  Happens all the time during american tournaments but I heard someone shout it when I was down at the open, wanted to beat him to death.  >:(

No need.

Henrik is impersonating being the first Scandy to win a major. Two back from Dufner who himself has a history of not crossing the line when it matters. Could be Furyk. The boring cunt.

Put a few quid on Stenson yesterday morning, had a few on Day from the start of the tournament - good of him to finally show up today.  Duffner's putting is pretty hoop and I'm not sure Furyk can see these things out after last year's capitulation. Someone may well win this by default almost.

Put a few quid on Stenson yesterday morning, had a few on Day from the start of the tournament - good of him to finally show up today.  Duffner's putting is pretty hoop and I'm not sure Furyk can see these things out after last year's capitulation. Someone may well win this by default almost.

You could be right on the default bit. I just couldn't back a Swede myself to win a major. They just can't cross the line. Then again, records are there to be broken and in the history of the game, Stenson is for me the best Scandinavian golfer. Bjorn has a class record but Henrik is a sublime ball striker. Would be good if a non yank won.

You could be right on the default bit. I just couldn't back a Swede myself to win a major. They just can't cross the line. Then again, records are there to be broken and in the history of the game, Stenson is for me the best Scandinavian golfer. Bjorn has a class record but Henrik is a sublime ball striker. Would be good if a non yank won.

I definitely appreciate what you mean regarding the Scandinavians. Parnevik was a player who always threatened in majors but couldn't get across the line and Bjorn the same, just something missing in them.

Aye fingers crossed, although I think it is sometime this week we find out, not necessarily today?

Just checked back, and you're right, it doesn't say today but sometime w/c 12th August via e mail. We're trying to get for Sat & Sun. What are you in for ?