Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Golf an that

I just want to see what folk think about this latest piece of English bullshit.

So Monty doesn't bother looking to Faldo..the least successful, least inspirational Ryder cup captain in living memory for advice...and so Monty is a cunt...

I'm no golf expert but that seems beyond pathetic from what I can see!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was this Maverick??  It was in the paper a few weeks ago that he would be talking to Faldo as long as Faldo agreed to it.

To be honest, out of all the captains he was talking to (Woosnam, Torrance and Langer were the others), Faldo would be the best one to speak to as he's the only one who lost so he can find out what NOT to do.  Wouldn't surprise me if Faldo hadn't agreed to help, it's the way he's been throughout his career... no one thing is more important to Nick Faldo than Nick Faldo.

It was on ss news when i came in this morning. Was an interview with Faldo saying he hadn't been approached, journo talking about how monty's speaking to Langer and interview wi monty asking if he'd speak to Faldo. He basically said he'd speak to whoever but by not saying he was desperate to speak to Faldo the tone of the piece was that it was somehow a snub.

It's like you say, find out what Faldo did and do the opposite = win! I find it interesting they didn't mention Woosnam or torrance...just the german and snubbed englishman a couple days before some football game or other...

paranoid...me? them? NEVER

Faldo is hardly likely to offer advice based upon what he did wrong now is he? It is clear he knew what he was doing, other people cunted it!

Aye, the chances of Faldo ever admitting he was at fault for anything are extremely slim.  I don't think I've ever squirmed and cringed so much as I did listening to his speech at the opening ceremony in 08. 

I just want to see what folk think about this latest piece of English bullshit.

So Monty doesn't bother looking to Faldo..the least successful, least inspirational Ryder cup captain in living memory for advice...and so Monty is a cunt...

I'm no golf expert but that seems beyond pathetic from what I can see!

I didn't see the original story but who was suggesting Monty was a cunt?  Nobody seems to have a kind word to say about Faldo so I find it surprising.

I think Monty should have a great European team this year.  A number of them are playing brilliantly.

He'll be fine, he knows how to win it!  :thumbsup:

Not as captain he doesn't. This is a huge deal for Monty, it's a big deal for any Ryder Cup captain but this is effectively his "Major". 

Another thing that worries me is the form of harrington and Garcia, two of the most experienced players. Both are outwith the automatic qualifying places and i don't think he'd be wanting to "waste" two of his picks on them when they should be in there automatically.

Speaking of golf, anyone heading to the Open in two weeks?

I usually make it over for the weekend when it's in Scotland Bobby but I'll be on holiday this year. Got 6 rounds booked at Golf Ugolino though, that'll make up for it.

http://www.golfugolino.it/nuovo/eng/galleria_foto_e.htm

Shame I'm playing like a tit though.

That looks stunning mate.  Six rounds there and you'll be back to your usual self. Always find that the more serene setting I'm in the better i play.  Your game will def improve in that setting I reckon!  You been out that way before?

Nice one bb, have a great time.

hrough

Heard a lot of good things about that course TF, looks a stunning setting.

let us know how you both get on

Was supposed to go over in May but the flight got grounded due to volcanic ash, now going next Thursday and through to Haddington for 36 holes the day after, gonna be knacked!