Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what happens at Celtic over the next few days may have an impact on what we do.  Rumour mill seems to be suggesting that they are considering McGhee which I can't really see myself (not even convinced he's the right guy for us).  I dare say the bold Dingus would prefer to hold off and see if he's in with a shout of the Tims gig before commiting to us.

Should be an interesting few days/weeks ahead anyway, just hope this doesn't come back to dildo us up the arse.

Hello by the way

I think what happens at Celtic over the next few days may have an impact on what we do.  Rumour mill seems to be suggesting that they are considering McGhee which I can't really see myself (not even convinced he's the right guy for us).  I dare say the bold Dingus would prefer to hold off and see if he's in with a shout of the Tims gig before commiting to us.

Should be an interesting few days/weeks ahead anyway, just hope this doesn't come back to dildo us up the arse.

Hello by the way

:wave: Hello

We may need to look even further down the line! Strachan seemes to be one of the favourites for Sunderland, and I can't see Celtic sacking him, when there's a chance somebody takes them off their hands.

Also, things are looking rather rocky at Birmingham, but as much as i'd swap my right arm for McLeish, I just cannot happen  :-\

:wave: Hello

We may need to look even further down the line! Strachan seemes to be one of the favourites for Sunderland, and I can't see Celtic sacking him, when there's a chance somebody takes them off their hands.

Also, things are looking rather rocky at Birmingham, but as much as i'd swap my right arm for McLeish, I just cannot happen  :-\

Fair enough, it's your arm and all that, but I have grave doubts about McLeish as a manager.  Not convinced whatsoever.

Fair enough, it's your arm and all that, but I have grave doubts about McLeish as a manager.  Not convinced whatsoever.

I am, i'm also convinced he's out our league.

Took Motherwell to 2nd

Hibs, got them promoted first time of asking, they came back a much better side, so good he got a new job

Rangers, won 7 from 9 trophies in his first 3 seasons (or something like that)

Birmingham, see Hibs.

And then there's Scotland:

McFaddenGoalSDM_468x304.jpg

McLeish has a horrific record when it comes to building his own team - usually comes and does a good job with the existing squad, then things go south when he buys players.

I would also agree with Dave, he's out of our league.

Now that Strachan has gone, things might become clearer.

well so long as it isnt miller i am not that bothered. mcghee would be my choice. still have a problem we us forkin out money for millers salary, that we apparently dont have, when it could be going towards players.  or maybe this is part of his and wiggys longterm plan. no, surely not.

well so long as it isnt miller i am not that bothered. mcghee would be my choice. still have a problem we us forkin out money for millers salary, that we apparently dont have, when it could be going towards players.  or maybe this is part of his and wiggys longterm plan. no, surely not.

When have we had a long term plan? This would be the first one in a long time.

I am, i'm also convinced he's out our league.

Took Motherwell to 2nd

Hibs, got them promoted first time of asking, they came back a much better side, so good he got a new job

Rangers, won 7 from 9 trophies in his first 3 seasons (or something like that)

Birmingham, see Hibs.

And then there's Scotland:

McFaddenGoalSDM_468x304.jpg

Have you been to the Stoney school of selective fact gathering?

Took Well to 2nd place then two seasons in the relegation zone.

Went to Hibs, failed to save them from relegation (although he was up against it when he arrived) then did an ok job.

At the huns, spunked an unbelievable amount of money on all manner of shite like Capucho and Emerson.  Won the trophies, but let's face it, he won the league by default as Celtic were knackered by their UEFA Cup run, much like the huns last year.  The Ibrox "Loyal" hated the guy and his style of football (not that their taste should ever be taken into account for anything).  If you're manager of one of the OF you're always going to win trophies, it's not necessarily an indication of managerial brilliance.  You'd have to be completely incompetent not to be in with a shout of the league with them.

Birmingham fans want him out despite getting promotion.

Scotland - how many tournaments did he qualify for?  They beat France twice and still failed to qualify, that's pretty pish when you think about it.

Not at all Bobby, his time at Well & most of his time at Hibs was before my time, so my knowledge of it is questionable at best.

But at Rangers, he was a 'cheap' option during a time that Rangers were down-sizing, he didn't get anything near the money Advocatt or Le Guen got? No, yet still he won everything. I'd be okay with scrappy football and trophies.

Scotland? Remember our group? Italy, France, Ukraine? 3rd place was still fantastic. Only had one bad game, away to Georgia.

Birmingham? Got promoted, that's all that matters after getting relegated? No? Can't say I take any interest in the Championship tbh.

Anyway, it's all academic, he won't come.

Not at all Bobby, his time at Well & most of his time at Hibs was before my time, so my knowledge of it is questionable at best.

But at Rangers, he was a 'cheap' option during a time that Rangers were down-sizing, he didn't get anything near the money Advocatt or Le Guen got? No, yet still he won everything. I'd be okay with scrappy football and trophies.

Scotland? Remember our group? Italy, France, Ukraine? 3rd place was still fantastic. Only had one bad game, away to Georgia.

Birmingham? Got promoted, that's all that matters after getting relegated? No? Can't say I take any interest in the Championship tbh.

Anyway, it's all academic, he won't come.

One bad game too many  ;)  (tongue in cheek before the TA foot soldiers get their kilts in a twist)

I've no idea about it as I'm not a Birmingham fan Dave, but for whatever reason, they're not happy with him and neither was his boss earlier this season.

:lolabove:

Stavrum with Windass as his assistant could be a decent move by the club, although not highly experienced they both would bring the fight back into the club (although Mark Kerr seems to be trying to do that by all accounts ) and give the players a good kick up the arse