Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Rioch, knows how to beat the East end unwashed and out of a job.

Being sacked in denmark though can never be a good thing

A superb appointment would be Steve Coppell, just left his club to do a bit of travelling. Aberdeen's a fair distance from his place is that enough travelling

actually, on reflection, getting a manager who gave charlie adam a contract maybe isn't a good thing!! how about Sean O'Driscoll - won two trophies wi doncaster as well as promotion and being comfortable in championship with very limited finances .... he's been there 3 years now so might like a new challenge

He's Archie Knox. He's a C-U-N-T

Archie Knox once called me a "sheep shagging wanker", which might be factually accurate but he went down in my estimation then and he was pretty far down in it before that...

If we had him back at Pittodrie his training would consist of getting the players to run round the car park in their football boots, resulting in calf injuries galore a la Ibrox in the 1990's.

No one stands out for me.  Lee Richardson is an awful shout to be honest.  He's just been sacked by Chesterfield, would we have been talking about a failed Chesterfield manager if they hadn't played for the Dons?

I suppose I'd go for Eric Black. He's an intelligent guy with a lot of contacts in the game and I think he'd get us playing some good stuff.  The only thing that worries me is if it doesn't work out - obviously - that another Dons Legend has failed at the club in the top job.  Wouldn't surprise me if he was manager and made someone like Neale Cooper his assistant.

If Burnley don't win today, how about Owen Coyle

Or really left field, Jim McInally, if he can do what he did at East Stirlingshire...........and din't we once have someone else who started out there ;)

Why not get Stark from his Scotland U19 job, again didn't we once get success from a former Queen's Park manager?

Absolutely not a chance. After reading comments on Owen Coyle by Burnley fans, after a BBC blog, many were saying he is the best manager they have had for 50 years. Seen as a God by many down there.

Can live with it - McGhee, McAllister, Butcher

Not a chance for me I'm afraid.

Total pie in the sky stuff, but George Graham would be good although I've heard he's really struggling with arthritis these days so may not be able to get involved in the game on a full time basis anymore.

Or really left field, Jim McInally, if he can do what he did at East Stirlingshire...........and din't we once have someone else who started out there ;)

Why not get Stark from his Scotland U19 job, again didn't we once get success from a former Queen's Park manager?

If Burnley don't win today I wouldn't be surprised to see Coyle at Parkhead.

McInally had a comparatively shit load of cash to spend at East Stirling, I'm not sure their league position is necessarily a true reflection of managerial brilliance.

I've heard that Billy Stark may be taking over at St Mirren this summer.

What about Roberto Martinez from Swansea, building a great reputation for entertaining football?

I don't think championship managers would want to come to an SPL club. They see clubs like Aberdeen as a step down and are looking at the EPL for jobs. The English think the SPL is really shit. 

Wednesday Night, Man Utd retain Champions League.

Thursday morning, Fergie decides after accomplishing everything with Man U that he would like to complete some unfinished work from a few years back and rejoins the Dons!

;D ;D ;D