Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Protest on Saturday 11th April

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose I can see a few more people turning up, as much as I want us to win a loss would also be good from my point of view anyways not that it counts around here, only a select fews opinions are welcome around here and you need to be from outwith Aberdeen.

If we lose I can see a few more people turning up, as much as I want us to win a loss would also be good from my point of view anyways not that it counts around here, only a select fews opinions are welcome around here and you need to be from outwith Aberdeen.

Utter shite mannie

Nope, but the more attention and wider audience the protest gets the better.

See, I'd disagree with this as I don't want the weegia to be in the know of this. They are going to be laughing their shits out at this. Whilst I don't disagree with your right or anyone's for that matter, to protest. I just don't see what it's going to achieve. I will however, reserve judgement until after the game before thinking its a daft idea. As I said, I don't know what its going to achieve, because the board will not sack JC because of a few fans going up in arms. The weegia will be against us so I just don't see how we, as Aberdeen fan's are going to come out with our heads held high.

Calling anyone with a reasoned argument a JIGger because they weren't particularly on the JMG bandwagon isn't listening or engaging in my opinion. 

Would like to think on a personal level that I'm able to engage in discussion fatjim, and I'll dispute your view that everyone protesting is not open to other opinions. The guys I'm thinking of would probably be the same, although I can't speak for everybody clearly.

Jager, no dandie wants us to lose, well none that I know of anyways, only the fake fans that don't go to much matches will come to that conclusion which is a shame really, they should try get to more matches meet other fans who have done it all before instead of sitting at home or in the pub then coming online saying how great Jimmy has been and that being in the top 6 is a great achievment.

Jager, no dandie wants us to lose, well none that I know of anyways, only the fake fans that don't go to much matches will come to that conclusion which is a shame really, they should try get to more matches meet other fans who have done it all before instead of sitting at home or in the pub then coming online saying how great Jimmy has been and that being in the top 6 is a great achievment.

No-one bar jimmy say's that. A fan is a fan at the end of the day, they have their right to express their opinions. It is an opinion for that very reason, we may not agree with it, but that is what they are entitled too.

You don't half talk some utter shite loon.  People who don't go to games think Jimmy is great?  ???

Real fan?

So how would you describe people that don't go to games but think Jimmy Must Go?

I'd say they are scum.

Real fan?

I'll clear that up, I meant that losing wouldn't be a bad thing from a protestors point of view, more would come along, I'd rather we won and still a healthy number for the demo after the game.

Who?

Back up your fishing niall?

Not you anyways, you go to 5 games a season, woudl you like names, numbers and addresses?

I have been to more than 5 games this season ye muppet.

I don't think the number of games or where you come from really has any bearing on whether you want rid of the manager. Your claims of elitism on this site are ridiculed by your elitism based upon the aforementioned criteria.

Shame, that.

I just don't know where the money is to sack him, or of any affordable replacement who would be any good. We have nae cash. We need another euro run to decrease debt further.

As I have said for a long time only time the board will make the decision will be when crowds drop below a certain point as the money coming in drops and it will outweigh paying off Calderwood in the long term.

Ah, here comes the tired old real fan argument!

I don't think the term 'fan' can really be based on the number of matches they can go too. So these 'fake' fans, is it all they do is sit at home or in the pub? No other factors in why they can't get to as many games as you, your majesty?

Westenddon:

Has any of your group thought through the fact that a badly organised, badly pitched (if we win), half hearted attempt at a protest will have exactly the opposite effect to the one desired here ? I respect your right to do it but the odds are that this protest is unlikely to carry a significant amount of weight and substance, even if you get 100+ people out. If that happens then you will be reinforcing the club and management view that the dissenters in our support are a only a minority of ill-informed reactionaries. This will provide them with increased courage in their convictions and will allow them to continue to hide behind the idea that the 'real fans' who they meet 'on holiday' or in the streets are right behind the team. The club have very little history of reacting positively to such lightweight pressure groups and I suspect that you will find your protest will lead to further entrenchment of the management, exactly not what you are looking for I assume.

In addition you will further alienate the support from the club through increased media attention as they will be incapable of dissecting the support into factions who support or do not support your rabble. If any of your group have been at the last two games they will have witnessed a team who are shell-shocked and downtrodden and this division between fans and club will intensify that feeling. Regardless of your views of the management if you are a fan of the club you would at least try to look at how this is affecting the players on the park. They require support more than ever and I would suggest that there are better ways to express discontent than this option, letters, petitions whatever form it takes a well thought out written word with a volume of support is significantly more poignant than any half-jacked screaming protester.