Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Protest on Saturday 11th April

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it is if it is a) going to embarass the club we support b) Have a negative impact on the team BEFORE a crucial game c) Actually achieve what you want it to.

Either way, whichever stand point you are of, it is an important discussion to be had. JC is just fine  :thumbsup:

I think the club is big enough to survive a protest.

It is a crucial game but every game at this time of year is, also , the team shouldnt be put off by it. It ought to inspire them, they were fucking awful against Dumpfy and deserve stick, probably as much as JC.....and again, they are playing a poor Caley team so they ought to beat them anyway...

I have no expectation of what the protest will achieve. I think it is the right of fans to have a little demo and to make their feelings heard.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the club is big enough to survive a protest.

It is a crucial game but every game at this time of year is, also , the team shouldnt be put off by it. It ought to inspire them, they were fucking awful against Dumpfy and deserve stick, probably as much as JC.....and again, they are playing a poor Caley team so they ought to beat them anyway...

I have no expectation of what the protest will achieve. I think it is the right of fans to have a little demo and to make their feelings heard.

Of course our club in the grand scheme of things will survive, but I don't think it will do the team's confidence any good before such a game. Who it is against is irrelevant, it will create a negative atmosphere before a ball is even kicked. We know our team, they will buckle, and Butcher has Caley playing survival football, against which I have no faith in our team. As i've said, by all means, hold it after the game if the result goes badly, but holding it before the game is just ludicrous.

Absolutely, but why do it during the build up of a crucial match that could see us go third?

between now and the end of the season every game is crucial, so when exactly do you think a good time for people to express their frustrations will be? this is the first opportunity since the debacle against dumpfermline so its natural that if they want to protest now is the game to do it at.

PS : we cant go 3rd cos we are 5 point behind

Didn't you post the same thing on idiotchat too?

similar post, yup. big deal. last time i looked there was no law saying you cant post on different AFC chatrooms.

It was getting a little boring over there so ive come over here for a while, unless ofcourse this is a local chatroom for local people?

between now and the end of the season every game is crucial, so when exactly do you think a good time for people to express their frustrations will be? this is the first opportunity since the debacle against dumpfermline so its natural that if they want to protest now is the game to do it at.

PS : we cant go 3rd cos we are 5 point behindPS :

Indeed we are  :thumbsup:

BUT if we win our next two games and the LSC lose theirs, then if my basic maths serves me correctly then that equates to a six point swing and that'll put us one point clear in third place  ;)

Of course our club in the grand scheme of things will survive, but I don't think it will do the team's confidence any good before such a game. Who it is against is irrelevant, it will create a negative atmosphere before a ball is even kicked. We know our team, they will buckle, and Butcher has Caley playing survival football, against which I have no faith in our team. As i've said, by all means, hold it after the game if the result goes badly, but holding it before the game is just ludicrous.

If the players care about JC staying as much as they say they do, then they should come out all guns blazing surely?

If it's nae your thing then it's nae your thing.

And to whichever person said it's been badly organised, what actually needs to be organised? Folk walking from the pub to the Main Stand? I know sometimes it's a struggle after a few but I don't think we're really needing an in-depth co-ordination strategy here.

If the players care about JC staying as much as they say they do, then they should come out all guns blazing surely?

If it's nae your thing then it's nae your thing.

And to whichever person said it's been badly organised, what actually needs to be organised? Folk walking from the pub to the Main Stand? I know sometimes it's a struggle after a few but I don't think we're really needing an in-depth co-ordination strategy here.

I know it's difficult to think of "our" team coming out all guns blazing, but it's not difficult to think of a protest before the game not affecting the players coming on to the pitch.

And if the protest simply involves people walking from the pub to the main stand, you are right, doesn't need a lot of organisation, but equally not much of a protest  ???

I suspect JC is quaking in his hush puppies!!!

By the way, I am a Jimmy must go man, I just think your planned "protest" is pathetic.

EDIT : can't believe I typed slush, and that was before too much drink :o!!!!!

I know it's difficult to think of "our" team coming out all guns blazing, but it's not difficult to think of a protest before the game not affecting the players coming on to the pitch.

And if the protest simply involves people walking from the pub to the main stand, you are right, doesn't need a lot of organisation, but equally not much of a protest  ???

I suspect JC is quaking in his slush puppies!!!

By the way, I am a Jimmy must go man, I just think your planned "protest" is pathetic.

Do you think Jimmy's getting cold feet?

I think the reason it's badly organised is because its happening before a crucial game.

PS : we cant go 3rd cos we are 5 point behind

Do you have so little in your life that you have to waste it away with such a pathetic outpouring of ridiculous outrage?