Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Protest on Saturday 11th April

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively we could be one point above the bottom six and be on a run of 11 games with 1 win. The match on Saturday will make or brake any kind of protest and that is in in the team/Calderwoods hands. Cant see many fowk wanting to leave the pub to stand outside the ground though.

That could also happen but I'm sure the results will lay somewhere in between for all the games played round about us.

One thing is for certain.  If we win at the weekend then protesting before we could go 3rd is stupid.  If we loose on Saturday then protesting before we go into a game where we could slide further is just as stupid.

The way the majority of board users on AFC chat abuse fellow dons fans its little wonder their mini protest wont work,who would want to stand side by side with some of the idiots on that forum?

The last walk out protest was a failure and this will fail and  make them look fkn ridiculous...2 pm outside main stand is going to achieve fit??

I think most reds will be having a few jars before the game then going into the ground to support the team on to a win...a very important win at that.

STAND FREE

As I said on the other thread. I don't think its a bad idea, but the idea of not only doing it before a match but before one of the most important games of the season? Ridiculous idea and will only serve to have a negative influence on the team. We dont need the press to laugh at us even more than they already do.

Guest ally s

As I said on the other thread. I don't think its a bad idea, but the idea of not only doing it before a match but before one of the most important games of the season? Ridiculous idea and will only serve to have a negative influence on the team. We dont need the press to laugh at us even more than they already do.

So which is it then?  A good or a bad idea?  ???

So which is it then?  A good or a bad idea?  ???

Well I have no problem with them doing it after the game, but think its more ridiculous timing more than anything else. I just don't see what positive effect it will have. Whether or not it achieves anything even if they do go ahead with it remains to be seen.

they dont like it up em do they?

a badly thought out protest which will bring more embarrasment to the club imo.

the club wont budge on JC just now,lets get behind the team for uefa spot,if we fail then lets look at JC position then.

Clearly far too logical for the folk on Hat.

Agree with Jute, I don't think many will bother turning up for the game especially if we get beat tomorrow.

Clearly far too logical for the folk on Hat.

Agree with Jute, I don't think many will bother turning up for the game especially if we get beat tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how many people travel down to the game tomorrow. The hibs game was a bit too close for any impact as everyone had paid for tickets and transport but I know from our lot, hardly anyone is going its one of our nearest games.

Decent post on AFC Chat about it:

Since 15:34 yesterday, when that stupid e-mail hit my inbox I have been pretty fecking livid.

No matter what anyone states, the fact that the e-mail came from this site has a crystal clear implication that it is in support of this mis-guided and badly timed excuse for a protest.

If this was not intended to be drumming support please clarify who the group of fans are. Or are they just a bunch of individuals who have happened to independantly come up with the same idea, meeting time and intent. BOLLOX.

We know where this demonstration started - Here.

I personally think it is a bad idea and in all honesty guys, so do most of the members of this site - if we have 2000, roughly 10% have voted and roughly 5% have said they will turn up.

Posts on the other boards (of which I am not a member - but will be so from now on) are also suggesting the errors of the situation.

GIVE IT UP - it's a bad plan, it's bad timing, pay attention to what folks like AFC83 and Bigal :o are saying - no good can come of this.

To close, irrespective of my opinion on the protest, on Jimmy, on the players, on the team, on Willie, on the financial climate or on the weather, this is a place where I should be able to come and share them.

I have no doubt now that people from other boards reading this one for the first time (and it has been linked) will have the opinion that AFCCHAT is the place where all those Jimmy Hating Protesters spend their time spouting their bile. - must try better!

Crazy idea, but what I have come to expect from those gimps.

AFC-Cringe is a joke and is getting worse, the fly poster banter is so fucking gay.

I'm all for a change of manager, but the end of the season is the earliest it could possibly happen (even though it almost certainly wont).

Crazy idea, but what I have come to expect from those gimps.

AFC-Cringe is a joke and is getting worse, the fly poster banter is so fucking gay.

I'm all for a change of manager, but the end of the season is the earliest it could possibly happen (even though it almost certainly wont).

Did you post on the wrong AFC site you disgusting homophobe!?!?!

(Just yankin' yer chain  ;) oo-er missus)

Crap idea.

With only about 10 games to go, let's get behind the team and the Manager.

I know we've put up with a lot of sub-standard football this year, but positivity breeds confidence in the players. This doesn't stack up for me at all.

If at the end of the season we're not in the Europa Cup, then by all means demonstrate, but FFS, let's get behind the team until then.

We are playing Inverness Caley, not Bayern Munich. The protest (if it happens) should have no affect on the confidence of players.....if it is sufficiently vocal then hopefully itll alert the board to the shortcomings of Calderplank....

I was willing to give Calderplank the benefit of the doubt up to the Dumpfermline game...after that I'm afraid the clown has to go.....one too many awful defeats, despite some great games, is too much...

We are playing Inverness Caley, not Bayern Munich. The protest (if it happens) should have no affect on the confidence of players.....if it is sufficiently vocal then hopefully itll alert the board to the shortcomings of Calderplank....

I was willing to give Calderplank the benefit of the doubt up to the Dumpfermline game...after that I'm afraid the clown has to go.....one too many awful defeats, despite some great games, is too much...

Sorry but the name of the days opposition is of no relevance to me......a protest is a protest......someone tells you're shite at your job prior to starting, does it really matter if your going to deal with your biggest or smallest customer your confidence is going to be affected

Oh please. Deploying such childish plays on words in a thread addressing an important subject says so much about the value of your opinion I'm afraid

Oh please. Deploying such childish plays on words in a thread addressing an important subject says so much about the value of your opinion I'm afraid

+1

Anyway, should it not be Calderforest, or Caldercopse, or Calderthicket, or even Calderlumber... or anything else that is actually a synonym for 'wood'?

:thumbsup:

oooh, get you. would JC be too informal for you? ..... i don't think this is an important thread, thus I can call our manager anything i like.

oooh, get you. would JC be too informal for you? ..... i don't think this is an important thread, thus I can call our manager anything i like.

I think it is if it is a) going to embarass the club we support b) Have a negative impact on the team BEFORE a crucial game c) Actually achieve what you want it to.

Either way, whichever stand point you are of, it is an important discussion to be had. JC is just fine  :thumbsup:

I see what ye did there... inspired!

The timing of the protest is what most folk have a problem with... that and the fact it's being (poorly) orchestrated and (shambolically) organised by fannies who claim to "know best".

Well, I'm not going cos. I'm in London. I think that in a free society you can do what you want. Some people are just frustrated by going out against Dumpfermline in the cup (it was the last straw for me) ..... as for it being poorly orchestrated and organised, well what is there to organise? turn up at Broadhill, protest, watch match, go home.....its pretty simple.....what else do you have in mind? it isnt like the people who are protesting can advertise in the paper for support, or email all season ticket holders is it?

At the end of the day, if people bother or not is up to them......