Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Protest on Saturday 11th April

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to have a reasoned debate with any of you guys on here regarding the planned protest.

I personally don't have a problem with the protest, everybody's entitled to their opinion.  I think numbers for it will grow on the spur of the moment if we we don't win.

I won't be taking part in it.

Ideal scenario for me is European Qualification and Calderwood leaving/getting sacked at the end of the season - however unlikely that is.  European Qualification is more important than sacking Calderwood at this stage in the season IMHO.

Westend, do you have a projection of the number of people who will attend and in light of the actual number of attendees have you considered renaming it a tête à tête?

I'm personally guessing around 100, but by quoting that I'm leaving myself open to a bit of stick if it doesn't happen.

From what I've heard the bit on the back P&J today was pretty much an advert for the protest, throw in a few more if it goes Pete Tong during the match.

If it's a damp squib then it's a damp squib and we'll take the inevitable stick that'll come with that.

My only problem with the protest was its timing before the game, if people want to make some kind of protest let them. I know people who are planning on going on it and so do you Funster, are you going to call them a cunt when you next see them in the pub?

As for the press, who cares what they think! If they want their readers to laugh at us, let them, it wont be any worse than the abuse I have got every time we are humiliated out of the cup the last few years.

My only problem with the protest was its timing before the game, if people want to make some kind of protest let them. I know people who are planning on going on it and so do you Funster, are you going to call them a cunt when you next see them in the pub?

As for the press, who cares what they think! If they want their readers to laugh at us, let them, it wont be any worse than the abuse I have got every time we are humiliated out of the cup the last few years.

I've said this before on here, but I remember the Smith protest, and the thing about that was that - to the best of my knowledge - it wasn't pre-planned. Another dismal result spurred people to do it, I just think that something planned so far in advance, when the anger was still in the system, may turn out to be a non-event now that has subsided, especially (and please, God) the Dons win.

I've said this before on here, but I remember the Smith protest, and the thing about that was that - to the best of my knowledge - it wasn't pre-planned. Another dismal result spurred people to do it, I just think that something planned so far in advance, when the anger was still in the system, may turn out to be a non-event now that has subsided, especially (and please, God) the Dons win.

The anger of that one result against Dunfermline may have diminished but that has left a lot of discontent and the football we were playing since the Celtic game has been poor and it has not improved any since the cup game.

For a long time a few of us have been saying going to the game ruins a good day out with your mates but still I would get up early Saturday morning even though for a long time I have been anti-calderwood, it just didn't matter. However, on Saturday the alarm went off and a wave of apathy swept over me and I went back to sleep which I have never done before. And its just not me, only two of the guys (as far as i know) went to the game from our lot. I know everyone is not happy with the malaise at the club just now, but I cant see how that will get any better under the tenure of Calderwood.

The anger of that one result against Dunfermline may have diminished but that has left a lot of discontent and the football we were playing since the Celtic game has been poor and it has not improved any since the cup game.

For a long time a few of us have been saying going to the game ruins a good day out with your mates but still I would get up early Saturday morning even though for a long time I have been anti-calderwood, it just didn't matter. However, on Saturday the alarm went off and a wave of apathy swept over me and I went back to sleep which I have never done before. And its just not me, only two of the guys (as far as i know) went to the game from our lot. I know everyone is not happy with the malaise at the club just now, but I cant see how that will get any better under the tenure of Calderwood.

I wasn't suggesting Calderwood should stay.  ::)  :-\

A dirty protest?

I'm personally guessing around 100, but by quoting that I'm leaving myself open to a bit of stick if it doesn't happen.

From what I've heard the bit on the back P&J today was pretty much an advert for the protest, throw in a few more if it goes Pete Tong during the match.

If it's a damp squib then it's a damp squib and we'll take the inevitable stick that'll come with that.

Why not take the stick for being a fucking trumpet in the first place?

I never called anyone a cunt  ::) Though I did say that they would be making a fucking cunt of themselves, something I am quite happy to say to anyone who attends this ridiculous protests face.

Can somebody please tell me what form the protest is taking?

I might come along if we get beat by Inverness... quite enjoying Aberdeen fans getting worked up about something for a change.

Will it be militant or subdued? Waiting to throw eggs at JC when he leaves? Custard pies? Will there be a megaphone? Rousing speeches? An attempt to storm into and occupy the stadium offices?

A gathering outside the Main Stand waiting for important looking people in suits to come out. Hooters and banners have been mentioned too.

If we lose against Caley then the protest will be a lot bigger, not something that we are hoping happens though - contrary to popular belief.

Only speaking for myself here but I'd welcome anybody coming up to me on the day and having a civilised conversation about the pros and cons of the protest.

It's a shame that those who are protesting are the type to listen to and engage in reasoned arguments, whereas a lot of the anti-protestors are the ones coming out with the boiling anger and explicitives who would be quite handy in a protest.

A gathering outside the Main Stand waiting for important looking people in suits to come out. Hooters and banners have been mentioned too.

If we lose against Caley then the protest will be a lot bigger, not something that we are hoping happens though - contrary to popular belief.

Only speaking for myself here but I'd welcome anybody coming up to me on the day and having a civilised conversation about the pros and cons of the protest.

It's a shame that those who are protesting are the type to listen to and engage in reasoned arguments, whereas a lot of the anti-protestors are the ones coming out with the boiling anger and explicitives who would be quite handy in a protest.

And they're from AFC-Chat, you say? Sure about that?

LMAONADE!

I'm from AFC-Chat, yes.

Any other reasonable points of discussion you'd like to have, or is it just going to be along the likes of "cunt" and "fucking trumpet" from here on in?

No, that pretty much covers it.

Much the same as the shape anything about Calderwood discussions have taken. I see no need to change the criteria for some idiots who think that mobbing and protesting is the way forward for our football club.

How do you think the Daily Record will portray you and Dons fans as a whole tomoro?

I spoke to the guy who'll be covering the game for the DR on Saturday. Mentioned the reasons behind the protest, how we feel it's come to this stage and what we are looking to acheive with the protest.

Spoke a bit about the future and made the point that we felt that even though there is no one outstanding candidate for the job that we are of the opinion that any fear of the unknown was not sufficient reason for JC to stay.

I did make it clear that I wasn't claiming to speak on behalf of all (or even a majority) of Dons fans.

I'll wait till I see any article of course before I make judgement on the portrayal of my words. Think it's important that the Weeg media are aware of the protest in any case.

I totally disagree.  Who do you take more seriously, the header thats kicking off loudly or a calm and reasoned person with a structured argument?  If you are going to have a protest you really want to have some clever slogans and songs and as little as possible blind rage, gets you no-where.  Unfortunately for you when protesting in the football environment its hard to keep the nuggets away.

I spoke to the guy who'll be covering the game for the DR on Saturday. Mentioned the reasons behind the protest, how we feel it's come to this stage and what we are looking to acheive with the protest.

Spoke a bit about the future and made the point that we felt that even though there is no one outstanding candidate for the job that we are of the opinion that any fear of the unknown was not sufficient reason for JC to stay.

I did make it clear that I wasn't claiming to speak on behalf of all (or even a majority) of Dons fans.

I'll wait till I see any article of course before I make judgement on the portrayal of my words. Think it's important that the Weeg media are aware of the protest in any case.

Why? Will they be protesting also?