Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Todays fitba

Well in that case he'll do brilliantly at Man U... Although a seemingly hopeless team with Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Kuyt etc seems like a slight exaggeration

Van Der Vaart wasn't there. Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder are a strong back bone for any team, aye, but players like Depay, Martins-Indi, Blind, Cillesen, Janmaat, De Vrij and Vlaar? and Kuyt?  ;D

As I said.. seemingly hopeless! Most of the squad very either shite (Kuyt) or inexperienced (Cillesen) and you need more than 3, maybe 4 world class players to finish 3rd at a World Cup.

Interesting. There is something about the name 'Rangers'

QPR could be refused future entry into the Championship if they fail to pay a potentially huge fine for breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

Chairman Tony Fernandes has indicated he would appeal against a fine from the Football League, which would be around £54m if losses for Rangers' promotion season matched the £65.4m in 2012-13.

But if the club don't pay, the FL can block entry to its own competitions.

"Theoretically that is the position," said FL chief executive Shaun Harvey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Football League Financial Fair Play

Championship clubs were permitted losses of £8m (£5m funded by shareholders) in 2013-14

Clubs promoted back to the Premier League who exceeded those losses are subject to a fine.

There is a sliding scale on the next £10m of losses, with a maximum fine of £6.681m.

Once losses exceed £18m, the fine is imposed on a strict pound-for-pound basis.

Should there be an overall loss of £30m, the fine would be almost £19m. If it was £50m, the figure would be nearly £39m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I would hope there would be a resolution long before that option even had to be considered.

"We are satisfied we still have the ability under our regulations to charge them for a breach of our rules whilst they were in membership."

It has been argued relegated clubs are at greater risk of FFP penalties due to the huge wage costs associated with the Premier League.

QPR's swift return to the top tier had the potential to cause the Football League difficulties as they could be left trying to collect fines from clubs who are no longer in their jurisdiction.

This is the difficulty Harvey will be facing when QPR eventually release their 2013-14 financial figures at some point before the end of November.

"Most clubs (in the Premier League) will become a Football League club again," said Harvey.

"QPR will be hoping it does not happen for some considerable number of seasons.

"But the chances are they will need to return to the Football League fold at some point in the future.

"Certainly, three of the current 20 clubs that are in the Premier League will be in the Football League next season."

Yon liverpool keeper must be very relieved his Bulgarian opposite number decided to play Fuck up top trumps.

Also interesting comment from old Willie on Sportsound. An apparent clear foul on a Caley player by Ian Black from which Sevco nearly scored a second goal in a counter attack.

'I wonder if the ref blanked it because otherwise he would have had to get the old yellow card out and that would have been blacks second?'

Man united lose 5-3 at Leicester despite bring 3-1 up at one point  :o

All well and good having a potent attack, but that shody defence really does need sorting.

And the thing is everyone could clearly see what Van Gaal apparently couldn't see in that he'd score goals but his defence is one of the worst in the league. Along with Liverpool's FFS sake.

They should have concentrated on tightening up their defence like Liverpool thought they did.  ;D

Why on earth was Pardew given such a lengthy contract?

It was inevitably going to go tits up, him being a fud an that.

I heard a story about him being in quite a bit of debt to Ashley on account of his gambling addiction. So apparently was pressured into a long term contract on a wage that I guess is lower that it otherwise would've been had he not been in debt.

Still was and always will be a shite appointment.

I never knew Ashley was a bookie. Zat how he made his dough?

Assuming he's not and paid off Pardew's debts to others, he would have gotten good value in the deal.

He thought.

Personally, employing that silver haired fud wi marbles in his moo was never going to add value.

In the meantime, Newcastle continues to be a shit club that wins fuck all.

It's Ashley they need rid of. He doesn't give a fuck.

I know I'm late, but I have an excuse

Didn't think englund looked particularly good against the worst team in the world (According to FIFA). Wooney didn't look any better than he normally does against the likes of any top 6 EPL (or for that matter ANY EPL side)

Wiltshire(sic, David Pleat) was anonymous, and the fullbacks (full backs against San Marino Roy?) were poor.

About some of the other games, could be a lot of "big fish" in the 3rd place playoffs the way things are going ATM....but as we're going to finish 4th (on goals scored) not going to matter anyway!