Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Huns

Starting early this week. A famous double is on the cards.

Text my huns mates yesterday telling them that we done them cunts a favour but we'll make it up to ourselves next weekend.

All to do now is await the Daily Retard flashbacks of THAT Simmie tackle. the hype of Miller supposedly being a Rangers target and Hately talking about being mugged.

Same team again, no problem.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect there will be more chat about Calderwood being a target elsewhere.

Calderwood did kinda fan those flames with his comments about how difficult it was and how scarred he was with the criticism (lets face it, we were stone last in the league so he had to expect some flak FFS!) from earlier in the season.

That said, momentum is a great thing and carrying some of that into next week is excellent. No surrendering to those cunts!  ;D

Normally at this point I'd be posting this:

This is exactly the sort of stage in a run that we get to and are caught with our pants down, we believe that anything is possible only to crash back to reality with a beating by the OF.

However.....

I 100% believe that we are going to take these hun bastards to the fucking cleaners on Saturday. YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I'm always confident we'll take something from the huns at Pittodrie, but yesterdays result and performance has me believing we go into this one as hot favourites for all three points.  I hope I'm not setting the lads up for a fall, but we have nothing to fear against Rangers.  All out attack, let's out-score these tossers.

:thumbsup:

I'm always confident we'll take something from the huns at Pittodrie, but yesterdays result and performance has me believing we go into this one as hot favourites for all three points.  I hope I'm not setting the lads up for a fall, but we have nothing to fear against Rangers.  All out attack, let's out-score these tossers.

:thumbsup:

We don't do the "favourites" thing too well do we.

We do have momentum and seem to have the right attitude and work ethic about us to get ripped into the fuckers.

All out attack, let's out-score these tossers.

We're LONG overdue knocking a cricket-score past someone. It would be sweet as fuck if we could really do those manky huns by a decent amount of goals so that they've got absolutely fuckall comeback in the papers.

I mean, we beat Celtic 4-2 and had a disallowed goal and a disallowed penalty. Yet STILL they whinge about a "dodgy" goal decision. We need to royally trash the currant buns so that the weejia have absolutely no choice but to write something good about us. Either that or devote a half-column towards us 7 pages in from the back of the paper ... just next to the Classified Ads.

We don't do the "favourites" thing too well do we.

We do have momentum and seem to have the right attitude and work ethic about us to get ripped into the fuckers.

Always get nervous when this gets touted! But we do have some good momentum going on at the moment and the team spirit seems to be getting better and better which can be no bad thing!  :thumbsup:

Lets fire right into these wretched huns bastads and take them!

:ultras::AFC2::haterangers::ultras:

As a mate said at the game, Celtic certainly seemed to get more than thier share of dicey decisions going thier way, lots of small decisions that can eventually put pressure on the opposing team. A succession of free kicks that get them up the park, happened so often yesterday.

Aluko "clean thru", the McDonald pen decision, Diamonds goal (could have been a pen and Vinegar strokes could well have been off ), but no, "we wiz robbed and we pure played magic too birraway".

Things went well on Saturday but I still don't feel confident in our defence. If Foster can keep Miller quiet (I know that sounds mental but his running will be a threat, make no mistake), Kerr can put the shackles on Mendes and Zander can stay tight on Boyd then maybe, just maybe we'll do some damage, but I think its a lot to ask to beat either of the old firm, and even more to beat both in consecutive weeks. I'm happy that we've got three points out of these two fixtures.

Maybe our best option is to unleash Aluko on Broadfoot and hope that Miller will have the beating of Weir, which I reckon he will. Lets just keep the fingers crossed and hope that a wee bit of SPL history is made.  :o

Maybe our best option is to unleash Aluko on Broadfoot and hope that Miller will have the beating of Weir, which I reckon he will. Lets just keep the fingers crossed and hope that a wee bit of SPL history is made.  :o

Bear in mind that Papac may well be out (depending on an appeal from the huns), would that mean Whittaker playing at left back? I hope so, he's chronic.

The fierce rivalry that has remained between Aberdeen and Rangers down the years has rarely been seen in a positive light in recent years. However for every 'incident' which will be listed in the press at some point this week, there have probably been many more classic encounters that have had generations of supporters from Aberdeen and Rangers engrossed. Kevin Stirling reports.

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/9a/9a/0,,10284~5282458,00.jpg[/img]

Ever since the first ball was kicked in anger between the two clubs away back in 1905 there has since grown a rivalry that has remained intense. Perhaps it has been the fact that Aberdeen by virtue of its geographical location and its provincial status that supporters in these parts enjoy putting one over their big city rivals. It is a common belief that the fierce rivalry was brought about during the memorable Alex Ferguson era in the 80's. While that belief has merit, there is plenty of evidence from previous encounters to suggest otherwise.

Even as far back as 1911 when Aberdeen mustered their first serious challenge for the league title there was controversy between the sides. Pittodrie's doors were locked for two weeks by the SFA following an alleged attack on Rangers Jimmy Gordon after the Dons 1-0 win that intensified the pressure on Rangers at the top of the table. Even back then Pittodrie was never an easy place to visit and arguably a six hour journey north may have added to the problems that visiting teams faced. That was not lost on then Aberdeen manager Jimmy Philip who was always looking to seek any advantage he could, even if it meant stretching the rules to the limit. It was reported on one occasion before a big match against Rangers that Philip ordered his ground staff to water the pitch heavily after the visiting Rangers team had been on the pitch to have a look at the conditions. Unknown to them as they were preparing for the game the Aberdeen ground staff we frantically using every conceivable means to carry out their managers instructions.

width=239 height=250http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/9b/9a/0,,10284~5282459,00.jpg[/img]

In the Scottish Cup the visit of Rangers was always keenly anticipated; a massive crowd in excess of 44,000 turned out for a 6th round tie in February 1955. It was billed as a revenge mission for Rangers, still smarting from their 6-0 humiliation at Hampden in the previous seasons semi-final. Aberdeen were in the midst of winning their first league flag and when Bob Wishart scored the winning goal in the second half it was reported that 'many a bonnet was thrown high into the sky, almost touching those famous Northern Lights'. In the semi final the previous season it was a first ever Scottish Cup win for the Dons over Rangers and it was achieved with a style that had rarely been seen from any Aberdeen side. The margin of victory was no fluke and the myth of the tough Rangers 'Iron Curtain' defence was simply swept aside before a massive crowd of 111,000.

In April 1954 it was a 4-0 win over Rangers at Pittodrie that virtually clinched the league title for Aberdeen as Paddy Buckley ran riot against Rangers with a display of pace and power that brought scathing criticism for Rangers from the Glasgow press. One report of the time stated; 'Wee Buckley ran the Rangers defence a merry dance as they danced to the Aberdeen wizards' tune. Buckley exposed a Rangers defence that looked flat of foot and cumbersome. Never before had they chased so much shadows in a game'.

Even when Aberdeen were not enjoying the best of times they still managed to turn over their great rivals; in season 1960.61 it was a youthful Aberdeen who almost wrecked Rangers championship charge when they hammered the title favourites 6-1 at Pittodrie. Bobby Cummings hat trick and further goals from Little, Brownlee and Charlie Cooke thrilled the home support. In relative terms this was perhaps the biggest shock in all previous matches as Aberdeen's days of challenging at the top had long since gone.

width=380 height=310http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/9c/9a/0,,10284~5282460,00.jpg[/img]

When the Premier league came in to force in 1975 the new set up changed Aberdeen fortunes for the better. Rangers had not lost a league game in the ten previous seasons but that all changed in the first ever Premier meeting at Pittodrie in December 1975 when a goal from Drew Jarvie gave the Dons a deserved win and heralded an era of invincibility against Rangers at Pittodrie. In the opening day of the 1977.78 season Aberdeen crushed the Gers 3-1 in Billy McNeill's first game and that trend continued when Alex Ferguson took over in 1978.

width=193 height=250http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/9d/9a/0,,10284~5282461,00.jpg[/img]

Arguably it was during those times that much was made of the rivalry that existed between the clubs—there was no doubt that Ferguson was playing mind games with just about anyone who would care to listen as he was never averse to implications before Aberdeen were due to play either of the Old Firm. It may have a common theme these days but pressure was usually piled on the referee before any game as Fergie was hopeful that he 'would have to be strong for this one'. That era was littered with such statements and it all helped hone the siege mentality that Ferguson had down to a fine art.

There was no doubt that it helped Aberdeen and invariably in those games his side would prevail. It was that run of success perhaps more than anything else that left Rangers bitter as to how a team from the provinces could come down to Glasgow and have it all their own way. Notable Ibrox wins during that time was a 1-0 win in November 1979 as Aberdeen went on win the title; a crucial Eric Black header in 1982 kept Aberdeen at the top of the league; a 2-0 win in September 1983 as the Dons strolled to the championship; back to back wins at Ibrox in season 1984.85 as the Dons created a Premier record points haul on their way to retaining the championship; a 3-0 win in September 1985 that was as controversial as they come with Rangers having two players sent off and the Dons turning the second half in to a virtual training session.

width=206 height=250http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/a0/9a/0,,10284~5282464,00.jpg[/img]

Meanwhile there was little respite for Rangers when they came to Pittodrie as their miserable record continued. One crucial game in that era came at Pittodrie in November 1983. Rangers had turned to old boss Jock Wallace in their hour of need and the new manager insisted that his side would fight hard to get Rangers back on the road to success. What Wallace did not dwell on too much was the fact that he was third choice to take over. Alex Ferguson guaranteed iconic status in Aberdeen when he turned down the chance to take over at Ibrox, as did Jim McLean at Dundee Utd. Unfortunately for Wallace his first game was at Pittodrie and although he insisted his players wore the old traditional black and red socks of the old Rangers teams, it made little difference to the Dons as they swept in to a two-goal lead after only 9 minutes. The final 3-0 win was scant reward for the Dons who brutally exposed the wide gulf in class that had developed under Ferguson.

In recent years it has changed of course with Rangers and Celtic gradually utilising their vast resources to become the all-powerful forces in Scotland. However Aberdeen eventually defeated Celtic after seven years of toil at Pittodrie last week and Rangers recent record at Pittodrie has been poor, although not quite as bad as the Dons recent record at Ibrox! In the final game of the 2006.07 season, the Dons had to beat Rangers to ensure qualification for the UEFA Cup. A full house in a highly-charged atmosphere saw Aberdeen sweep Rangers aside in a sensational 2-0 win as Aberdeen fully deserved their win. And of course last season a tired Rangers side came north once again for the final game of the season looking to win to have a chance of taking the title. Goals from Lee Miller and Darren Mackie gave Aberdeen another memorable victory over their biggest rivals.

width=380 height=288http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/a6/9a/0,,10284~5282470,00.jpg[/img]