Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Huns

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the corner we had with a couple of minutes left, did calderwood tell diamond to get back and defend then diamond ignored him and went forward?

Apparently yes, but according to setanta there was a bit of a breakdown in communication rather than Zander ignoring JC. Did anyone see who Miller swapped shirts with at the end?  :hammer:

Apparently yes, but according to setanta there was a bit of a breakdown in communication rather than Zander ignoring JC. Did anyone see who Miller swapped shirts with at the end?  :hammer:

He swapped his shirt?  Who was it with?  I had the understanding that, that could not happen unless it is a special occasion.

Terrible game from what I saw. But definitely a better point for us than the huns.  Has a more defence rangers side ever come to pittodrie?  As poor as we were it dodn't really matter as rangers were absoulte guff as soon as they got any where near the penalty box.  Only really looked dangerous when ferguson fed a few balls into feet, but even then you knew Miller wasn't going to score.

Quite happy to play so badly and still get a point.

4 for 6 is more than adequate and 4pts from our next 6 should see us going head to head with United in 4 weeks time for 3rd place.

Bring it on!

I'd have settled for a point at the start of the match. Rangers dominated in the 2nd half but we held our own after some defensive errors which a few seasons ago would have seen Rangers snatch a goal.

Not very many clear cut chances at either end, with them having maybe one or two to steal it at the end. A point won for us, and 2 dropped for them I'd say. There are many Rangers fans irate about the decision to drop Boyd to the bench and Walters inability to win up here.  ;D

My concern is Langfield for the next game. He got up on his feet and walked off, so I reckon he should be ok.

Overall, quite a poor game by recent standards but quite happy to sit through it to make it 7 points from 9 against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers.  :thumbsup:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eWeezUxIzaE

How hilarious was that choice of half time music!  :lolabove:

From an objective point of view, Rangers did a professional job in packing the midfield, marking Miller and Aluko out of the game and gaining an away point. However, memories of Rangers teams coming to Pittodrie and dominating from start to finish in the last 10 years or so dictate that this batch of huns are as ordinary as they've ever been for a long time. We were OK, no better, but not as bad as some are suggesting, partly because they didn't afford us the same space as Celtic did, partly due to a nervy start which never really settled down, and partly because of a lack of creative threat in the face of such blatant draw-mongering from the scum.

Defensively we're staggeringly more convincing than the start of the season, and perhaps as a result, bar a heart-in-mouth moment towards the end, the huns looked about as threatening as a Zdrilic-D'Jaffo-Hinds front three.

Also, its refreshing to see a Dons team making a nuisance of themselves from set-pieces, which were so often wasted in the recent past. It's nice to have a sense of anticipation when we line up for a free-kick outside the box rather than the opposition.

Overall, shite game to watch, but I'm satisfied enough with the outcome. Just don't throw the last fortnights work away at Falkirk.

said after 15 mins today never seen rangers scoring and they never looked dangerous then some ald goat came at me and asked where our goal was coming from...................all i could do was give a parisian shrug and say fuck knows  :-[

A lovely little story there, thanks for that Stoney.

A draw was about right, terrible game of football and if at least one (should be both) of mackie and foster are not dropped for next week I'd say it's pretty conclusive evidence that they are undroppable.  Mackie tackling Mulgrew near the end was a particular low point.  Severin had another cracking game at the back, as did Diamond. Also thought Miller's workrate was tremendous, think he's looking for a move?  ;)

How hilarious was that choice of half time music!  :lolabove:

I cant remember that :rofl2:

Yesterday was ok. Was shitting it when bossu came on. He needs to command his area better eg Toppling over foster and dropping the ball - he hadnt put a shout out for it. Other than that I didnt see too much wrong with him