Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Huns

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality music choice by the DJ!

Kerr had a very good game, he seemed to be doing much of the graft himself, very tough game for him, outnumbered and alongside McDonald who really isn't a "battling" kinda player however much he may be excellent going forward.

I completely agree BB, Mackie and Foster or both need to be reminded of the standards required, they'll never reach them but FFS they were honking yesterday. As was Mulgrew, positionally was a complete disaster, surrendered so much ground at LB. Distribution was alarmingly poor though thankfully not quite as lamentable as Foster, really really disappointing.

How he didn't get booked for that challenge I have no idea.

Same way Rod Wallace didn't even get a mention for finishing Jim Leighton's career 87minutes early. Hang on, didn't the same thing happen when Sally McMoist smashed Snelders cheekbone into a gazillion pieces in 1991? Common factor here? The huns get off completely scot-free for taking out THREE of our influential keepers when it's clear that skill alone is not enough to beat us.

Never realised what a greetin' faced prick Kenny Miller was until that game.  Good to see Seve wasn't having none of it, not that he'd actually done much other than knocking the ball out of play away from Miller.  Surprised as well that Miller didn't even bother to see if Langfield was ok.

As for the game, I think the Huns set out to cancel us out which I take great respect from.  But that's possibly the quietest game against them I've ever witnessed, just no bite to it.  Happy enough with the points haul though.

That's 3 games I've seen live over the space of a month, the last two on the box and the Hearts game at Xmas so I consider myself as quite the expert these days.  ;)  Re:Foster - it's not so much his passing that I've noticed as being poor, it's his clearances that have upset me.  Too often he's chosen to punt the ball up field but these barely make it passed the halfway line meaning teams just keep pressing us.  He needs to learn to knock it over the back line into space for the lads with pace to run onto or at least give our lads time to move the line up the park or give them a breather.  His 'clearances' are more like a sweeping cross which skims a few heads before someone kills the ball dead and puts it straight back into the mixer.

Talking about punts ... did anyone else notice the distance Bossu was gettin on his kicks? Like, touching down 3/4 up the other end of the park! At least there's something good about him.

I cannae be too harsh on him, he wasnae that bad really. He had two wobbly moments, iirc. He let the ball go after tripping over Foster. And he also completely missed a shot fae the huns that went past him, ricochet off someone else and then bounced off Bossu's back.

Fortunately, our defence was pretty on to it for the entire game and managed to deal with both dangers with relative ease. But aside from these two blunders, he was alright. Certainly more comfortable about him being backup to Langfield than I was before Saturday's match.

Surprised as well that Miller didn't even bother to see if Langfield was ok.

Yes he did. After he hung his head in shame for not connecting with the ball - at which i called him a useless cunt but a bit more aggressively- he seen langfeild was still down and seen if he was ok. Might not of cared if he was injured but he did see if he was ok. Had to laugh at the people behind me shouting "Your just a hun tim bastard" - I found it amusing

The cunt still joined my Hate List though for that incident and the pointless arguement with Seve

No repeat – but painful to watch

rangers’ negativity will cost them title reclamation

By Chris Crighton

Published: 26/01/2009

RANGERS fans think they deserve better? Spare a thought for the television viewers.

Repetition is the key to success in sport. It's the thing that separates the fluke from the class. Accordingly, it's not always an easy trick to pull off – as the new president of America discovered when he took his oath of office last week.

Aberdeen was the place to be the previous weekend for the Dons' pulsating win over Celtic, so they can be forgiven for failing to live up to that in this featherweight display.

The pre-match anticipation of a defining double over the Old Firm may have gone unfulfilled, but there were nonetheless plenty of positives to take from Walter Smith's fifth straight unsuccessful attempt to stuff a Pittodrie win into the pocket of his new Rangers cardigan.

Not that this was much of a victory charge from the visitors. Smith has obviously been missing the opportunity to utilise his European tactics. Though his negative 4-5-1 approach is precisely why Rangers won't win the league – Celtic, at least, try to beat teams, and would not let an opportunity to top the table pass so meekly by – it is a compliment to the Dons that Smith dug it out for the occasion.

Kenny Miller was left so isolated that he forgot what the ball looked like, mistaking it for Jamie Langfield's head. Jimmy Calderwood has often had cause to call his stopper a ba' heid, but there the similarity ends. As Bertrand Bossu emerged from the bench, the Red Army had that same uneasy feeling they once experienced when Brian Irvine pulled on Theo Snelders's jersey in the same fixture.

But Bossu, like Irvine, preserved the stalemate and, with it, the confidence quietly building in the Dons ranks.

Aberdeen did not hit the heights but still managed to take a point. When they return to recent form, the Reds’ roll will be hard to stop. But here their passing was painful to watch.

Chris Crighton is the editor of Dons fanzine the Red Final

Certainly agree with him, I predicted 4 and I am happy with 4/6 points gained from the infirm! The confidence won't have been damaged at all from these results and can only be a good thing that hopefully the defence will be that bit more confident in Bossu's "abilities" should he ever have to replace Langfield again.

Losers attitude rife again, rangers were pish - why be happy with 4 points when we should have got 6  :thumbsup:

Aberdeen were pish too.

Why should we have gotten 6? We created very little and didn't cause the Hun defence many problems. A point each way was deserved. 1 point gained rather than 2 points lost.

Aberdeen were pish too.

Why should we have gotten 6? We created very little and didn't cause the Hun defence many problems. A point each way was deserved. 1 point gained rather than 2 points lost.

Exactly, its not like we were robbed.

No team deserved to win that game, despite how close Mackie's header was. We preserved our unbeaten run at home and most importantly kept a clean sheet. Stoney, I cannot see how this can be viewed negatively? Yes, in a dream world I would have liked the 6/6 but Rangers were set up in a manner to stiffle any attacking play. The midfield was rammed so I'm not surprised/upset by this result at all.

Losers attitude rife again, rangers were pish - why be happy with 4 points when we should have got 6  :thumbsup:

We could have got fuck all.  Four points gained, without question a great return from two games against the old firm.

A mans greatest tool is himself.  And stoney, you're a fucking tool.  ;)

Saturday was an oppertunity lost to give the worst Hun team I can recall seeing (and I am old enough to remember the pish Hun teams of the 80s) a right good doing. They were there for the taking but for what ever reason be it poor form or negative tactics we failed to do that. Was left feeling very frustrated on Saturday and a bit disappointed that so many Dons fans now see a negative 0-0 against a weak Hun team as a good result.

Saturday was an oppertunity lost to give the worst Hun team I can recall seeing (and I am old enough to remember the pish Hun teams of the 80s) a right good doing. They were there for the taking but for what ever reason be it poor form or negative tactics we failed to do that. Was left feeling very frustrated on Saturday and a bit disappointed that so many Dons fans now see a negative 0-0 against a weak Hun team as a good result.

Don't get me wrong, I was left disappointed, but it could have been worse. Through a number of factors we just weren't able to break them down and didn't look like playing much football. As I said, we didn't lose or concede and I think thats how we have to view this. No point in dwelling on what could have been, however frustrating. I still can't believe Mackie's header didn't go in but these things happen, especially when Mackie plays ;)

Every season we get this "Worst hun team in living memory" pish.  ::)  

Walter Smith is probably the best in the business at getting nil-nil draws when he needs them.  He's proved that time and time again.  We were victims of that tactic on Saturday, but much better teams than ours have struggled to beat the huns.

I'm disappointed we didn't win on Saturday, but I'm satisfied that taking 4 points from 2 games against the Glasgow clubs is a good return.  

Garbage.

Where was Sone?

How many misses did our strikers have?

How many times did Miller have to pick himself off the deck?

Mackie maybe a lot of things but he's certainly never quiet.  Yet, where was he?

The Huns turned up, chucked a big net over our players and pinned the corners down, then did very little else.

Walter Smith was pleased with his team's performance for fuck sake!  Pleased to come away with a 0-0 draw having bored us all to tears.  That to me is negative.

Say what you like about that 'poor' Hun side but they're still double figures away from the rest of the pack.

Walter Smith was pleased with his team's performance for fuck sake!  Pleased to come away with a 0-0 draw having bored us all to tears.  That to me is negative.

Say what you like about that 'poor' Hun side but they're still double figures away from the rest of the pack.

I mentioned this afore the game "it's always the worst hun team in ages" that just happen to be a dozen or so points ahead in the league.

That also came to Pittodrie and killed the game, a tactic they have had plenty time to perfect. Smith remarked he was happy with the result and that alone tells it's own story.

It may be the worst hun team in years, it may not be but to say that they "are there for the taking" is just nonsense. I left disappointed too but more because of the previous weeks exploits, I am a bit more realistic about our prospects against a hun team who, lets face it, came up to not lose.

they "are there for the taking" is just nonsense.

Cue stoney...

if that fat basturd tango man playd a settild team every week we'd be winning games why duzn't he play youngsters who r scorin goals in the reserve league ive been and they are good he never givs them a chance he's a useless fuck it's not entertaining like it used to be with ebbe at least ebbe gave young players a chance, this IS the worst hun team ever and we are better if we play the correct team last time i said we should play and win and we did so it's no coinsidinse that i was right

;D