Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Huns

It may be the worst hun team in years, it may not be but to say that they "are there for the taking" is just nonsense. I left disappointed too but more because of the previous weeks exploits, I am a bit more realistic about our prospects against a hun team who, lets face it, came up to not lose.

I don't like the "there for the taking" talk either but after you said (or one of you lot) that Boyd wants  playing that was the first time I thought we may win today.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before the game I was looking at the bbc stats and I'm sure it said we hadn't had a 0-0 draw in 38 games!

As disappointing as it was not to win, it was still pretty good knowing that the limit to rangers ambition was a 0-0 draw and that despite us not performing we came away with a point and remained undefeated at the dung heap

before the game I was looking at the bbc stats and I'm sure it said we hadn't had a 0-0 draw in 38 games!

As disappointing as it was not to win, it was still pretty good knowing that the limit to rangers ambition was a 0-0 draw and that despite us not performing we came away with a point and remained undefeated at the dung heap

Wasn't our last 0-0 before Saturday against Falkirk in the Scottish cup last season away?

Edit: 5th of January 2008. Not sure if it was the cup or not though.

Never realised what a greetin' faced prick Kenny Miller was until that game.  Good to see Seve wasn't having none of it, not that he'd actually done much other than knocking the ball out of play away from Miller.  Surprised as well that Miller didn't even bother to see if Langfield was ok.

As for the game, I think the Huns set out to cancel us out which I take great respect from.  But that's possibly the quietest game against them I've ever witnessed, just no bite to it.  Happy enough with the points haul though.

That's 3 games I've seen live over the space of a month, the last two on the box and the Hearts game at Xmas so I consider myself as quite the expert these days.   ;)   Re:Foster - it's not so much his passing that I've noticed as being poor, it's his clearances that have upset me.  Too often he's chosen to punt the ball up field but these barely make it passed the halfway line meaning teams just keep pressing us.  He needs to learn to knock it over the back line into space for the lads with pace to run onto or at least give our lads time to move the line up the park or give them a breather.  His 'clearances' are more like a sweeping cross which skims a few heads before someone kills the ball dead and puts it straight back into the mixer.

I agee 100% - was actually quite impressed when Seve stood up to Miller instead of the usual 'Wee Kenny was just messing about'  and I think it is positive to see Rangers coming to Pittodrie looking for a draw!