Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Huns

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game was boring until the last 15 mins. Bit of a midfield battle, tbh. In typical Rangers fashion, too ... they couldnae win it by legitimate reasons so they go and crock our first-choice keeper. Fuckin hun fucks!

I thought for them, Ferguson made some defence-splitting passes and Homo was unlucky not to score. But Kenny Miller was laughable, and just about everything Bhouggerra (sp) kicked went into the upper RDS.

For us, Lee Miller worked his socks off, but was a victim of being very tightly man-marked for the entireity of the game. Foster was a complete liability. Seve impressed me, as did Mulgrew. I thought Diamond had a very very solid game at the back and Bossu had a couple of shaky moments (dropping the ball after falling over Foster, eg!) but was relatively comfortable in goals after Langfield's face got ripped open by Kenny Miller.

Kerr and McDonald looked excellent in midfield. McCulloch should've been booked for gouging McDonald's eye, but McDonald got his own back with a crunching knees-in-the-back challenge on McCulloch just moments later :thumbsup:

All in all, especially since we had about three chances all day, a point taken from this match is a good result. Just hope United & Hearts don't win so that we can stay in 3rd ... although with them playing Helen Mirren and Caley respectively, I probably expect us to drop to 5th by the end of today.

I liked the look of Kerr today. Considering the huns had an extra man in the middle he did an excellent job of scrapping to win the ball and hold off the hun midfielders.

It was a terrible game though. Both teams were poor in the final third.

I'd have settled for a point at the start of the match. Rangers dominated in the 2nd half but we held our own after some defensive errors which a few seasons ago would have seen Rangers snatch a goal.

Not very many clear cut chances at either end, with them having maybe one or two to steal it at the end. A point won for us, and 2 dropped for them I'd say. There are many Rangers fans irate about the decision to drop Boyd to the bench and Walters inability to win up here.  ;D

My concern is Langfield for the next game. He got up on his feet and walked off, so I reckon he should be ok.

Overall, quite a poor game by recent standards but quite happy to sit through it to make it 7 points from 9 against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers.  :thumbsup:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eWeezUxIzaE

Yeah, was a pretty poor game, as its been said the midfield was excellent. What about Duff's penalty claim? I didn't see it that well but I noticed that seconds later we got a pretty weak free kick 10-15 yards outside the box, I thought the ref might have been trying to balance things out by giving us the free kick instead.

I also thought Vidal did ok given the circumstances, he looked confortable on the ball and didnt seemed to be phased, one thing that puzzled me was that Foster was taking a throw and Vidal run from being in space to pick up a Rangers player when he didnt need to