Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Duncan Shearer Autobiography...

Interesting stuff.  I wonder if he mentions claiming the match ball after scoring a hat-trick in a preseason match at Brechin. Normally it wouldn't bother me but I won the fucking thing in the half-time draw! Had to make do with a shitey Brechin City FC football instead.

Interesting stuff.  I wonder if he mentions claiming the match ball after scoring a hat-trick in a preseason match at Brechin. Normally it wouldn't bother me but I won the fucking thing in the half-time draw! Had to make do with a shitey Brechin City FC football instead.

:lolabove: Good to see you've got over it though Ally...  ;)

:lolabove:

I wonder if the final chapter will explain why he appears to have put on 5 stone since hanging up his boots!

• 3 months later...

Quite an interesting read so far, he certainly doesn't like John Inglis!  ;D

What I found strange was that Big Dunc says he's never been one for getting boozed up but his book is full of incidents where he's got hammered / missed training / been late etc...  ???

When he recalled the goals scored for himself, Mixu, Booth and Jess in his first season with us, I nearly wept.  We can't even get one striker to get near the figures that four of them managed in one season!  :hammer:

My old flatmate in Edinburgh is a hun. She always brings up the story of how she was in Franklyn's Piano Bar in Aberdeen in the late 90s, and snogged Duncan Shearer. She woke up the next morning with a huge cold-sore on her lip.

Nice one Shearer. Spreading herpes amongst the huns since 1992

Guntveit moved to Brann four months before Pele and Shearer were appointed.

As for Bisconti, the problems with him and his French-speaking kids had already been rumbling on long before the new management team arrived. As with most of the squad that Pele inherited, Bisco was at his best in the 01-02 season where he commanded the midfield in such a way that he even made Darren Young look like a footballer