Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Duncan Shearer Autobiography...

Guntveit moved to Brann four months before Pele and Shearer were appointed.

As for Bisconti, the problems with him and his French-speaking kids had already been rumbling on long before the new management team arrived. As with most of the squad that Pele inherited, Bisco was at his best in the 01-02 season where he commanded the midfield in such a way that he even made Darren Young look like a footballer

Plus the clock in Portlethen Church fell aff and hit one of said bairns!

Ooh yeh I remember an absolute screamer from him there  :thumbsup:

Flicked it up then scissor kicked it in for the winner.  I liked Eric, just felt we never knew how to use him properly.  That guy knew how to play football, and one of the saddest moments of my AFC supporting life came on a rainy Wednesday night at Pittodrie v Motherwell in the league cup when a grown man stood up in the south stand in front of his wife and kids and shouted "Deloumeaux you're a fucking lazy black bastard".  I challenged him about it and ended up getting booked by the police for starting a fight...

What is it with us playing Motherwell vs Dons fans shouting abuse at the Dons players?

Mind the game you and I were at, BB. It was at Fir Park just after the Euro game in Berlin. Probably the best game I ever saw Eric (and to that matter, Patrizio Billio) play in a red shirt.

Despite ripping the 'Well midfield apart, Bisconti missed one tackle. Some arsehole stands up behind us and shouts "Bisco, fuck off back tae Belgium ya dick!". I seem to remember you just about lamping that guy

More weegies in the support when we play these games, some don't go to many games outwith the central belt therefore are off the pace with how fans who go to more games rate players. Less of an issue when they are active on forums and the like but is an issue for those who base their knowledge on Aberdeen players on the ratings set by the Daily Record.

I've always found the above to be true, more so at Kilmarnock oddly, presumably because nobody else can be bothered going.

More weegies in the support when we play these games, some don't go to many games outwith the central belt therefore are off the pace with how fans who go to more games rate players. Less of an issue when they are active on forums and the like but is an issue for those who base their knowledge on Aberdeen players on the ratings set by the Daily Record.

I've always found the above to be true, more so at Kilmarnock oddly, presumably because nobody else can be bothered going.

The guy in question is from Aberdeen, a regular at all Dons matches and goes to the games with a poster on here  :wave:

The guy in question is from Aberdeen, a regular at all Dons matches and goes to the games with a poster on here  :wave:

Clearly I was unaware of who this specific example was.....hence why I referred to Kilmarnock etc.

There's a good bit in Fever Pitch about it, not Aberdeen obviously, but the author talks about not wanting to miss a game as he hates not understanding the fans apathy towards a player or why some are more favourably received. I think it probably rears its head more at big matches to be honest, there was a group of mongos in front of me at Hampden singing about Leon Mike....

Clearly I was unaware of who this specific example was.....hence why I referred to Kilmarnock etc.

There's a good bit in Fever Pitch about it, not Aberdeen obviously, but the author talks about not wanting to miss a game as he hates not understanding the fans apathy towards a player or why some are more favourably received. I think it probably rears its head more at big matches to be honest, there was a group of mongos in front of me at Hampden singing about Leon Mike....

just as long as they weren't doing a conga at the same time...

I liked Deloumeaux. Cool, calm, collected, and ALWAYS ripped Motherwell a new arsehole whenever we played them

Same here.

He seemed to operate at his own pace.  All hell would be breaking loose on our goal mouth and Eric would saunter out with the ball at his feet, holding off around 3 opposition players.  He'd then cooly slide the ball to the next red jersey who would treat it like a hot potato again.

He was a fair striker of the ball as well.