Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SC - dons vs newco huns

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shite goal to concede fully deserved the win.

Refs need to sort out the carry ons with Kamara at the corners he seems to have carte blanch to shove and impede the keeper.

Clancy had a decent first half. Should probably have a had a second pen either for challenge on McLennan or the high boot into McKennas face. Neither given and McLennan booked for diving when asked for by the huns. He began to lose it with a couple of daft yellow cards and game could have boiled over if the huns hadn’t been playing for a draw by that point.

Dom Ball MoM for me.

Ferguson was anonymous today maybe time for another rest.

Glad we never got a doing as many feared, I myself thought we would lose, but knew it'd never be a doing. Off to a good start, never let them play how they wanted to play and deserved our advantage at HT. Their goal was totally avoidable, awful from Stewart but equally awful from Ferguson and Cosgrove from the resulting corner.

After that it really could have gone either way, Considine has missed a coupe of very good chances, none more so than his unmarked header  :( But wasn't to be.

A little disappointed that we never went for it as the game came to a close, we were clearly happy to take the replay, which of course is winnable, but they will be favourites.

Regarding Ferguson, that was a typical performance from him, I have said it time and again on here, the lad has potential, yes, but he's not good enough for the 11 in my honest opinion, his cause has been helped greatly with some pretty massive goals, but take they goals away and analyse his performances, they have not been good enough, apologies to the sycophants who can't get enough of his amateur passing and constant gifting of needless fouls etc... but it's true, the very same applies to Stevie May, people are actually blaming us dropping him for our abysmal form, conveniently forgetting that Cosgrove is still scoring without him in the team. Play Stewart in his natural fucking position and stop papping him wide and we will see far more productivity than May would ever bring. Just my opinion, but we'd do well to drop Ferguson and play the guy who has excellent pedigree in the English Championship, clearly looks far more composed on the ball and literally has misplaced one pass in his limited game time. I anticipate some posters will now be spitting feathers, but I look forward to be proved wrong.

Back to today, better effort, more organised with the 4 at the back ( no shit sherlock )  and a few opportunities missed. Have to ask why the same isn't applied to the likes of Stenhousemuir at home, or St Mirren, or Hamilton etc... but we'll take it. Onto the next one, similar effort and intent required at Celtic Park.

"Excellent pedigree in the English Championship"???

Birmingham couldn't give the f@cker away and they'd been trying for over 2 season's. He flopped in his first spell with us and he's flopping now. Just doesn't suit our style of play at all. Defenders know he will always cut inside onto his left foot....of which he possesses 2. Neither particularly good....if he does beat the defender, he will find a way of tackling himself before getting a shot or cross away.

We need to get back to what was working just fine before Stewart strolled back in the door. Get May back in the side. Stewart to be used as a late impact sub only ( he might just be effective with fresh legs against a tiring defence).

As for Ferguson...totally agree he needs rested, much as he did in December where we won in spite of his presence not because of it. He might get in in the upcoming international break unless there's also U21 games. But if not, surely Gleeson ( or even Campbell if you prefer) would be perfectly acceptable replacements for a couple of games against the likes of Dundee and Livi.

Sadly don't think we will be allowed to win the replay. Oh and kudos to the guys who had the (sadly confiscated) Morelos mother banner... :laughing:

Birmingham couldn't give the f@cker away and they'd been trying for over 2 season's. He flopped in his first spell with us and he's flopping now. Just doesn't suit our style of play at all. Defenders know he will always cut inside onto his left foot....of which he possesses 2. Neither particularly good....if he does beat the defender, he will find a way of tackling himself before getting a shot or cross away.

We need to get back to what was working just fine before Stewart strolled back in the door. Get May back in the side. Stewart to be used as a late impact sub only ( he might just be effective with fresh legs against a tiring defence).

As for Ferguson...totally agree he needs rested, much as he did in December where we won in spite of his presence not because of it. He might get in in the upcoming international break unless there's also U21 games. But if not, surely Gleeson ( or even Campbell if you prefer) would be perfectly acceptable replacements for a couple of games against the likes of Dundee and Livi.

Sadly don't think we will be allowed to win the replay. Oh and kudos to the guys who had the (sadly confiscated) Morelos mother banner... :laughing:

Tell more please.

I think KFP may have been referring to Gleeson with the comment not Stewart.

Stewart went into January as one of the SPL best players who, iirc, scored 8 and had 14 assists to his name, for some reason he comes up here is played on the wing and struggling to make any sort of impact, due mainly to our manager not knowing how to get the best out of him.

I am referring to Gleeson TC, not Stewart, as DeeDon has spotted.

Although, having said that, I'd still play Stewart over May every day of the week if he was playing beside, or just behind, Cosgrove, and not out wide. Stevie May has had more than enough opportunities and hasn't taken them, it really is as simple as that, he's not produced the goods and Cosgrove has 7 in his last 6 without May in the team ( I think ) so I don't see how dropping May has any bearing on our poor home form.

DM set us up not to lose and we didn't and we were far the better team in the first half,  didn't think we played as well in the second half, but you knew they would come at us and we were never going to keep our shape for the whole 90 minutes.  A certain penalty from which Sam scored from and MacGregor showed once again he is a scrote of the highest order and is well suited playing for them. He was going ape when McKenna hit a header over the bar and we got a corner for it, doesn't happen often and nice when it winds them up too.

The equaliser was poor, Stewart seemed to want to control the ball away instead of hitting it out for a throw and conceded the corner, from which they got their goal and it was a soft one to concede.

I have to agree with another poster that Ball was motm, thought he had a very good game today. I thought Lowe and McKenna were excellent also, but Ferguson is cleary needing a spell on the bench, wouldn't have an issue giving Gleeson or Campbell some game time as the team is carrying Ferguson at the moment

I think KFP may have been referring to Gleeson with the comment not Stewart.

Stewart went into January as one of the SPL best players who, iirc, scored 8 and had 14 assists to his name, for some reason he comes up here is played on the wing and struggling to make any sort of impact, due mainly to our manager not knowing how to get the best out of him.

Stewart was playing 10 recently and was just as shite then as he was today.

Stewart was playing 10 recently and was just as shite then as he was today.

No way has he been shit in all his games for us, but he is no fucking winger and not a defender.  It was a strange signing for us, he certainly is a talented player, but I doubt it will happen for him with us no matter how much he wants it.

He should have stayed with Killie

No way has he been shit in all his games for us, but he is no fucking winger and not a defender.  It was a strange signing for us, he certainly is a talented player, but I doubt it will happen for him with us no matter how much he wants it.

He should have stayed with Killie

never said he was shite in all his games for us.

He has played as a 10 and was shite.

I am referring to Gleeson TC, not Stewart, as DeeDon has spotted.

Although, having said that, I'd still play Stewart over May every day of the week if he was playing beside, or just behind, Cosgrove, and not out wide. Stevie May has had more than enough opportunities and hasn't taken them, it really is as simple as that, he's not produced the goods and Cosgrove has 7 in his last 6 without May in the team ( I think ) so I don't see how dropping May has any bearing on our poor home form.

Agree with that. Cosgrove plays better with someone beside him, the fact that it was may is kinda irrelevant because he just needs someone along side him.

On the game, have to say, I thought we played pretty poorly, (from the 20 mins of REDTV highlights). Could have and probably should have scored more but then again, the huns should have put a few more of those chances away. They sliced through our midfield and defence with absolute ease. The chance where morelos got booked for diving, I think consi was lucky there. Had his arms all over him, regardless of the dive. Another player might have got the pen.

Consi's missed header towards the end was bad, but I also think mckenna should have put it away.

Still, way better than midweek, although it'd be hard not to improve on that shit fest. Glad we're still in this, hopefully they remember there is nothing to fear down at snake mountain.

Honestly don't get what you guys are seeing in Stewart that justifies him getting a place in the side. He was no kingly bad in his first spell for us and is every bit as bad now. I'm not saying he's bad....he was great for Killie and Dundee....but rank rotten for us and apparently even worse for Birmingham. As I've said....some players just don't suit certain teams' and he doesn't suit us.

McInnes can take the blame for this....he likes players up front to press defenders and track back whenever necessary. That's never been Stewart's game. He's also slow and horrendously one footed. Oh and predictable.I was horrified when we re-signed him despite his Killie form and have seen nothing to change my mind ever since. Once he was 8n the door obviously I wanted him to do well but just cannot see it ever happening for him in Aberdeen. I dread to think that he will be handed a 2 or 3 year deal, he keeps getting picked now whereas at least in his first spell when he did nothing hec was dropped for great chunks of the season.

I wrote Forrester off by mid August as a dud. I'm hereby writing Stewart off as a dud for us....but he might be great for someone else.

Agree with that. Cosgrove plays better with someone beside him, the fact that it was may is kinda irrelevant because he just needs someone along side him.

On the game, have to say, I thought we played pretty poorly, (from the 20 mins of REDTV highlights). Could have and probably should have scored more but then again, the huns should have put a few more of those chances away. They sliced through our midfield and defence with absolute ease. The chance where morelos got booked for diving, I think consi was lucky there. Had his arms all over him, regardless of the dive. Another player might have got the pen.

Consi's missed header towards the end was bad, but I also think mckenna should have put it away.

Still, way better than midweek, although it'd be hard not to improve on that shit fest. Glad we're still in this, hopefully they remember there is nothing to fear down at snake mountain.

They broke on us 3-4 times the whole game, mainly when our set pieces broke down. They certainly did not cut through us with ease.

Morelos was a clear dive and never ever a penalty.

They broke on us 3-4 times the whole game, mainly when our set pieces broke down. They certainly did not cut through us with ease.

Morelos was a clear dive and never ever a penalty.

As I said, this was only based upon the 20 mins of RedTV highlights, but it looked like they did break more than that and our defence was all over the place.  A competent team would have despatched those chances.

another thing, the 3 behind the striker should be interchangeable.

If Stewart can beat a player and find a pass from the 10 he should also be able to do it from wider.

Wasn't he more of a wide player for Dundee?

He played up front as a striker for Dundee and played through the middle at Killie.