Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SC - dons vs newco huns

Goalkeeper observations from the highlights.

I love Joe Lewis. His interview on North Tonight was class, all about WINNING TROPHIES and being remembered for doing so, speaking about what it means at the end of one's career. Plus the way he got stuck into Morelos just before the cheating cunt got booked.

I despise that hun keeper cunt. The way he got McGinn booked was disgusting. There was zero contact. And he's fucking useless anyway as he offered fuck all against both our goals, like he didn't exist.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Considine on Saturday and he was immense. As he was again tonight. McKenna was also rock solid too.

We have lost a big part of Andrew's career by continuing successive mismanagement. He was always a CB, from the first time we saw him alongside Russell. Whoever the clown was who first stuck him at LB (Calderwood?) was committing a crime. Interesting that it took Consi himself in an interview a couple of months ago to come out and speak the truth before he started getting managed right. That's thanks to McInnes for spotting and recruiting Lowe, although in an ideal world Shinnie would have been LB and he had recruited real quality in the middle of the park.

Some bad vibes towards our captain tonight in the city centre pubs. These cunts are convinced he's signing for Sevco. My correlations between Shinnie, Davie Robertson and Ryan Jack, they didn't want to hear. I don't blame any man moving for 2 or 3+ times his salary. It's a short career.

An excellent performance from the boys and an even better result.  Couldn't fault any of our players last night they all played well and more importantly put in a shift. May had a difficult job, but carried it out well, Wilson just wouldn't know how to put in a performance like that.

Three teenagers in our starting line up last night and it is the only way to go for us.

Fuck Sevco and Stevie G. I noticed a load of empty seats towards the end of the game, not bad for fans that don't do walking away.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

It has taken six years of McInnes management but we seem to finally have gotten over the Glasgow hoodoo which hung over our club for years.  Don't think you can under estimate how important that is going forward.

Not saying we will win go on and beat Celtic in the semi but the fear of going down there looks to have gone.  We finally have a team that will get properly stuck in and the way that McGinn left a little bit on McGregor and how Considine and McKenna took no shite from Morelos epitomised that.  They just refuse to be bullied nowadays, a bit like how Ferguson gave back a bit back to McGregor at Pittodrie.

Looking at the highlights from last night those players would run through a brick wall for their manager.

It has taken six years of McInnes management but we seem to finally have gotten over the Glasgow hoodoo which hung over our club for years.  Don't think you can under estimate how important that is going forward.

I don't believe in the Glasgow hoodoo or whatever we'd like to call it. I do believe that you have to beat either of the scum a requisite number of times in order to win the league or cup (or get very lucky), but I don't think that there was a fear, or a superstition behind it. We've simply never been good enough - and nowhere near them. I think we've been on a par with the hun since they returned, or certainly close enough to them that wins down there are not significantly against the odds (they would still be favourites as the home team). It's really not that different to a Hamilton or someone having a poor record at Pittodrie - it's not a hoodoo, it's just that we are massive odds on favourites to beat them at home. Under Brendan Rogers, the Tims were far enough ahead of us that it meant a win at Parkhead was unlikely.

I don't think it is that important going forward, because I think our "fear" of winning in Glasgow will be far outweighed by transfer activity. What it does do is claw them back and make things harder for them off-field by putting pressure on them. A bit like us finishing second last season, anything that does that is fantastic. If this win puts a downer on the rest of the huns' season then it'll help to reduce season ticket sales and in turn Gerrard's transfer budget. They played a blinder by getting Gerrard in during the summer, which lifted the huns' after another shite season. If he turns out to be an average manager (which many of us suspected) then it'll further drag them down to the point that they'll have to reckon with their massive overspending.

My only real criticism of McInnes has always been that we bottle the bigger games against the old firm but credit where it's due, he's done really well in that department this season.  A huge turn around.  Well done Derek!

Hopefully there's no hangover at the weekend though and we kick on from here.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I don't believe in the Glasgow hoodoo or whatever we'd like to call it. I do believe that you have to beat either of the scum a requisite number of times in order to win the league or cup (or get very lucky), but I don't think that there was a fear, or a superstition behind it. We've simply never been good enough - and nowhere near them. I think we've been on a par with the hun since they returned, or certainly close enough to them that wins down there are not significantly against the odds (they would still be favourites as the home team). It's really not that different to a Hamilton or someone having a poor record at Pittodrie - it's not a hoodoo, it's just that we are massive odds on favourites to beat them at home. Under Brendan Rogers, the Tims were far enough ahead of us that it meant a win at Parkhead was unlikely.

I don't think it is that important going forward, because I think our "fear" of winning in Glasgow will be far outweighed by transfer activity. What it does do is claw them back and make things harder for them off-field by putting pressure on them. A bit like us finishing second last season, anything that does that is fantastic. If this win puts a downer on the rest of the huns' season then it'll help to reduce season ticket sales and in turn Gerrard's transfer budget. They played a blinder by getting Gerrard in during the summer, which lifted the huns' after another shite season. If he turns out to be an average manager (which many of us suspected) then it'll further drag them down to the point that they'll have to reckon with their massive overspending.

Probably my use of the word hoodoo was incorrect Rico, I don't think it was a superstitious thing but there was certainly a psychological block, a fear of playing at Ibrox and Parkhead.  We went 26 years or whatever is was until we won at Ibrox in 2017 and that was not just solely because our team was not good enough on each occasion.  I firmly believe that it got into the players heads and we were often beaten before a ball was kicked.  We have now won in Glasgow a few times in a relatively short period.  It doesn't mean we are suddenly going to win the league next season but it's a massive psychological barrier that we have overcome.

I couldn't care less what effect it has on The Rangers, like some of our supporters I don't have an obsession with them.  They will always have more fans and more financial clout than us and we just have to get on with it.  The effect on our team though, to finally lose the tag of "big game bottlers" I think is huge.

The only hoodoo or superstitious or karma thing going on between AFC and the Old Firm is the curse that Stevie G put on himself after the first game of the season. I'm sure you've all seen the hilarious clip going around social media today when Kevin Bridges says "did ye aye?" in response to his "we showed today that we are a class above Aberdeen".

We've not proved anything against the OF to suggest a major breakthrough. We have beaten one half, Rangers, three times in Glasgow and these are the sweetest victories of all but until we can reverse our shocking results against Celtic, we're still going to be trophy-less. The draw on Saturday was a solid defensive performance and a rare point against a team who's record against us has been embarrassing for many years for a period stretching over a decade. Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock and probably many others have a considerably better record than AFC over the champions in the last few years.

With us conceding two thirds of possession against the OF in the last few days and making considerably less shots and attacking threats in these two games, we're not out of any woods yet. We MUST find a way to beat Celtic, something we've not been close to doing for a very long time. All we've done so far is to shove the scouse tink's words right up his arse.

We've not proved anything against the OF to suggest a major breakthrough. We have beaten one half, Rangers, three times in Glasgow and these are the sweetest victories of all but until we can reverse our shocking results against Celtic, we're still going to be trophy-less. The draw on Saturday was a solid defensive performance and a rare point against a team who's record against us has been embarrassing for many years for a period stretching over a decade. Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock and probably many others have a considerably better record than AFC over the champions in the last few years.

I'd have to check for certain, but I'm pretty certain that the bit in bold isn't true. I don't even remember any of those mentioned have won at Parkhead since McInnes joined AFC (in fact, I'm going to say that we have a better record than any of those against the Tim since McInnes joined - I'll look out the results tonight if I have time). To suggest our results are "shocking" is contentious too. I know you don't literally mean that you're "shocked" by them, but it's exactly that they're not shocking - rather expected - that is the point. Shocking would be us going to Parkhead and winning regularly.

With us conceding two thirds of possession against the OF in the last few days and making considerably less shots and attacking threats in these two games, we're not out of any woods yet. We MUST find a way to beat Celtic, something we've not been close to doing for a very long time. All we've done so far is to shove the scouse tink's words right up his arse.

Yep, I think we have found a way that we can set up to beat the hun, but it's volatile. The difference for me is that we can set up the same way against the Tims and Huns, and against the Huns we can afford 4-5 losses of concentration/mistakes without being punished whereas the Tims it's only 2-3 (I'm using these figures as illustration). Playing the way we do, we need the near perfect game to beat the Tims, which is why it doesn't happen as often.

Great day at work today, I shit you not, at least 2 huns never showed up and the excuse was " Kids unwell " or " Wind blew the fences down " etc.. etc... but they are the type of hun that genuinely don't speak when they lose any game, so their excuses are all the sweeter, I'll see them tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Last night was tremendous. First of all, I want to get my bit in about May & Ferguson, 2 players I have often criticised, to an extent, but last night they put in monumental shifts and their involvement in McLennan's goal was brilliant.

McKenna & Considine were sheer bricks, McKenna was throwing himself at absolutely everything and he pulled it off every single time.

No complaints to a man, I just wish we showed that desire, fight and grit in EVERY game, the games against your Hamilton's and St Mirren's this season etc...

And Elgin, I just had a gut feeling this past week, both Celtic & Rangers, that we wouldn't lose, I actually thought we'd beat Celtic too, but I'll take the draw and a win  :thumbsup:

Given that Hearts, Kilmarnock, Hibs and Rangers have all beaten Celtic this season and we have only one point from a possible 9 against them, you don't need to look up anything Rico.

Motherwell are the same as us, 1 draw and 2 defeats but with St Mirren and Livi having only played Celtic twice this season so far, and both having got a draw, that's six teams ahead of us this season in a points haul percentage v. Celtic .

Given that Hearts, Kilmarnock, Hibs and Rangers have all beaten Celtic this season and we have only one point from a possible 9 against them, you don't need to look up anything Rico.

I was responding to the bit where you said "Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock and probably many others have a considerably better record than AFC over the champions in the last few years., if you meant this season then fair doos. Seeing as I've looked it up anyway though, and in spirit of forum, I'll show yis anyway. Results since McInnes joined in all tournaments (taken from soccerbase, I haven't verified them anywhere else):

Hearts 2/23 wins (9%), both at home; 2 draws; 8 points from 69 (9%)

Kilmarnock 2/20 wins (10%), both at home; 4 draws; 10 points from 60 (17%)

Hibs 2/14 wins (14%), both at home; 3 draws; 9 points from 42 (21%)

Aberdeen 5/27 wins (19%), 3 home 2 away; 1 draw; 16 points from 81 (20%)

The reason I put it up is that I've heard heaps of people comparing our results to the Tims saying that we don't turn up or whatever, or that team X is so much better against them, but invariably it's not true. Unsurprisingly, the dons have the most victories since 2013 and also the only team to win at Parkhead. However, it does point to the fact that wins are sparse and that no team has really found a way to play against the Tims with any great success. It's all very good saying that Lennon or Clark (for example) have a go and take the game to Celtic, but that's really just a set of tactics that they think will get them the best return and it clearly doesn't. Overall it just really says that about once in every 5 games you'll probably manage to sneak a win if you get things right on the day.

Since you've done the homework and have all the data, tell me how we compare to Hearts, Hibs, Killie and Rangers in the time Brendan was there i.e. this season and the previous two.

Pretty certain our record will be the worst, even including the victory they handed to us in May.

Yep, it's worse. With each of those winning 2 (home) games in Rodgers' tenure vs our 1 (away). Hertz and us 0 draws, and Hibs and Killie 2 each.

Yep, it's worse. With each of those winning 2 (home) games in Rodgers' tenure vs our 1 (away). Hertz and us 0 draws, and Hibs and Killie 2 each.

Ok then, so we do have a shocking record against Celtic then, as I said.

Your argument was therefore based on an interpretation of three words that I used - "last few years" - in relation to a side issue, not the principal point I was making.

Once again, we waste time and energy on semantics so that you can attempt to look on the bright side.

And once again, you go off on diversionary nonsense, this time offering an interpretation on the word "shocking" that I used in its every day Scottish vernacular, so wonderfully demonstrated by Limmy with his "shocking, eh".

There's a pattern here and it's tiring.

If you're saying the game we won at Parkhead in May was the ONLY points picked up in the league v. Celtic in the last 3 seasons before Saturday, that's 4 points in a possible 33? One win, a draw and 9 defeats, not including the defeats in the cup, including EVERY game at Pittodrie?

How can that not be a shocking record?

And the game we did win, do you think we would have won if it was a meaningful fixture? How much did they want it? Is that game not a perfect example of mentality and mindset in sport, in particular the absence of it from our opponents that day, highlighting the essential values of determination, focus, passion and desire?