Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SC - dons vs newco huns

Ok then, so we do have a shocking record against Celtic then, as I said.

Your argument was therefore based on an interpretation of three words that I used - "last few years" - in relation to a side issue, not the principal point I was making.

Once again, we waste time and energy on semantics so that you can attempt to look on the bright side.

And once again, you go off on diversionary nonsense, this time offering an interpretation on the word "shocking" that I used in its every day Scottish vernacular, so wonderfully demonstrated by Limmy with his "shocking, eh".

There's a pattern here and it's tiring.

Jesus christ, read the tone of my comments, they're quite clearly discussion and not argument (i.e. I was adding to the discussion). I even wrote a big caveat explaining that I was taking a different (more literal) meaning of the term of the word shocking for the purposes of the discussion so that you would know I wasn't arguing with you. I'm merely/clearly just adding more meat to the discussion "in the spirit of forum" (as I also said to make it abundantly clear). You're creating an argument where one doesn't exist.

If you're saying the game we won at Parkhead in May was the ONLY points picked up in the league v. Celtic in the last 3 seasons before Saturday, that's 4 points in a possible 33? One win, a draw and 9 defeats, not including the defeats in the cup, including EVERY game at Pittodrie?

How can that not be a shocking record?

It can not be a shocking record by being expected, or predictable. We can nit pick over 1 away win over the tims or the giddy heights of 2 home wins that Kilmarnock, Hearts and Hibs have managed. If everyone's record against them is shocking then it ceases to become shocking. As you rightly showed, our results are worse and bad in context to the other teams around us but - to me - it's no more than that.

What I was trying to add to the discussion was how our results compared to others. The point that you/someone else made was that we'd found a way to beat the Huns but not the Tims. I put up the results to show that nobody else had really found away to beat them either. I'm certainly not defending our performances or results against them in any way, I'm just adding a bit of context.

And the game we did win, do you think we would have won if it was a meaningful fixture? How much did they want it? Is that game not a perfect example of mentality and mindset in sport, in particular the absence of it from our opponents that day, highlighting the essential values of determination, focus, passion and desire?

That's not the way I interpreted that game whilst watching it, no. I saw a full-strength team with cup final places to play for playing in front of their home crowd not wanting to lose ahead of receiving their league tophy. To be honest, I don't remember any Rodgers team coming out against us not wanting to win, it was a decent battle on the day. We were high in confidence, with a rake of decent performances in the post-split run in and we'd found a formation that worked (4-5-1 with Cosgrove as the 1 and Ball sitting in front of the defence alongside Shinnie and McLean) - one that I haven't seen us use since, but a variation of it existed v the huns on Tuesday with Campbell the extra man in our midfield. Again, it's semantics, I'm not here to argue about whether the Tims were trying their very hardest that day any more than I'd argue that they try harder against us than they did against Hibs or Killie because we were their nearest competitors (because I don't believe that either). Both are pretty weak arguments in the scheme of things and too subjective to call in my opinion. I'm just trying to advance a discussion about our best lineup that could beat the tims in the semi final really.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads on swallow swallow and sevco media seem to point to 49000 huns taking extreme offence at the Cheer up Stevie G song....in particular the line " sad orange bastard"....

That every second post on those neanderthal message boards seems to refer to "taigs" or various other derogatory insults describing followers of the Roman Catholic faith is entirely lost on these mutants. I've no idea if the ref ( Clancy) belongs to this faith but he is particularly targeted. Bizarrely, Steven McLean whose brother actually played for the predecessor club, is also similarly tarred in other threads.

Sevco....just fuck off and die.

I dont know what was being chanted anyone know? But it seems laughably corrupt that we are getting investigated but not the Rangers.

I'm guessing it'll be a handful of folk rather than full scale chanting. I can't think of any AFC songs that we sing at der hun that would be classed as sectarian? Even in joking. Something along the "could you go a chicken supper" that we might have sung at the tims in the past.

It was noticeable at the last hun home game the absence of billy boys being sung. Was unusual.

Ahhh, of course. Sectarian? The orange order is not a religion. Maybe I'm missing something. Can't think of an equivalent. Like singing about the Muslim Council of Britain?

Most around me were singing sad scouse bastard but I suspect some may have been using the Celtic version of the song.

Just classic deflection from the arse cheeks. They are in the spotlight for the abuse flung by most of the crowd at Steve Clarke so desperately point at another club to try and shift the blame. Can it be sectarian abuse when the person who it was allegedly directed at is not even of the religion associated to the Orange order?

Ahhh, of course. Sectarian? The orange order is not a religion. Maybe I'm missing something. Can't think of an equivalent. Like singing about the Muslim Council of Britain?

You're not missing anything. It's a blatant and shameless attempt at deflection and to defame one of the few top level clubs in this country who could hardly be further away from the sectarian pish we always hear about. One of the things that I've always been most proud about regarding AFC is the fact that it's a one club city with no religious traditions (unlike Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Celtic, Rangers and The Rangers) Staggering that both Huns and Tims blast out the sectarian pish every time they play at Pittodrie and we don't hear a peep from the media but now a handful of Dons fans have dared to utter the word "orange" and they're having a field day. Absolute cretins. Fuck them. This is a non issue.