Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Definitely. Better than some of the other pish. It's really the right side that we're struggling for though. We don't have a right back, which is bizarre, but I'm guessing we'll go for a back three. In which case, I'm surprised that Kerr at St Johnstone hasn't been given a shout. Gallagher isn't having a great season by all accounts, I'd have thought Kerr would be that little bit better. If we quickly sign Hoban on a 6 year deal with citizenship thrown in, we could be onto something.

6 minutes ago, Jute said:

No width in the midfield or much pace. Can see the football being very one dimensional tonight.

Thought we'd see Fraser start for that reason, plus I was hoping for McLean's creativity but has he ever looked strong in a Scotland shirt?

Then again it could quite easily be a 3-5-2 with the width coming from wingbacks ODonnell and Robertson, and McTom in the back 3. I actually think that's more likely.

Edited by LA-Don

Didn't expect to them to tuck away all 5 pens but first one aside (which was very fortunate to go in) they were all well taken. I only tuned in for the last 20 mins and pens so Ive not really got any insights to offer but it sounded like we really lacked creativity from what Ive read.

Serbia should be a winnable game in the past but I don't have much faith in the way we are playing at the moment. Still got to keep some hope.  

10 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Didn't expect to them to tuck away all 5 pens but first one aside (which was very fortunate to go in) they were all well taken. I only tuned in for the last 20 mins and pens so Ive not really got any insights to offer but it sounded like we really lacked creativity from what Ive read.

Serbia should be a winnable game in the past but I don't have much faith in the way we are playing at the moment. Still got to keep some hope.  

Last time we played Serbia away in a qualifier in 2013 they beat us comfortably 2-0. Cannot see it being any different this time.

7 minutes ago, Jute said:

Last time we played Serbia away in a qualifier in 2013 they beat us comfortably 2-0. Cannot see it being any different this time.

I agree, I did say winnable by which I was trying to imply its probably not right now. To be fair I suppose I was being quite vague, in the 90s we would have been favorites, 00s I would have fancied our chances, now not so much.

Serbia is tough but winnable. It's like a Europa League 3rd round qualifier for the dons, tough but doable!

Thought tonight we missed the creativity of Christie and Armstrong, and Fraser made a difference. Solid penalties but honestly, at this stage, all that matters is the result.

10 hours ago, tup1 said:

Was surprised Serbia beat Norway. Things might be falling in our favour.

Serbia absolutely pummelled Norway according to reports.

I think we'd have been underdogs in the final v Norway so guess we're going to be massive underdogs against Serbia

I'm assuming that no home fans will be allowed in the ground ?

On a separate note I see McRorie is being promoted to the full squad after tonight's U21 match.

10 hours ago, tup1 said:

We should look to sign Gallagher as McKenna’s replacement.

Terrible from Scotland, jammy to win.

No we shouldn't, almost thirty years of age, horrible cunt with no remorse for his violent crime misdemeanour and should be nowhere near our club