Author Topic: Other Transfer News  (Read 79423 times)

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 121
Re: Other Transfer News
« Reply #1060 on: January 10, 2018, 10:43:35 AM »
Murphy on loan until season end because Sevco failed a credit check and couldnt afford to pay the full fee up front now. They have an option to purchase in the summer once the deluded hordes pump their season ticket money in.

I thought their next 10 season's worth of season ticket money was already spent.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 191
« Reply #1061 on: January 12, 2018, 11:26:05 AM »
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/former-aberdeen-star-james-maddison-11838647

Dubious source I know, but looks like he is destined for bigger things
Will always remember him for THAT goal.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 73
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1062 on: January 12, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/former-aberdeen-star-james-maddison-11838647

Dubious source I know, but looks like he is destined for bigger things
Will always remember him for THAT goal.

There’s been quite a bit of chatter about him and given the form he’s in this season I’d say it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. Good on him. We were lucky to have him for the time we did   :thumbsup:

Online Ten Caat

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #1063 on: January 13, 2018, 12:20:06 AM »
He started on fire but his performances tailed off and in the last 2 months of his loan he was mainly used as an impact sub......but had very little impact. I really wasn't all that fussed when Norwich took him back in the January.

Can't say I've seen his performances since though obviously he has been mentioned a fair bit in the press recently. I hope he has filled out in the past year, always felt that he was too slightly built to have any chance of really hitting the big time.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 50
« Reply #1064 on: January 13, 2018, 06:29:40 PM »
He started on fire but his performances tailed off and in the last 2 months of his loan he was mainly used as an impact sub......but had very little impact. I really wasn't all that fussed when Norwich took him back in the January.

Same for me. Nothing about his ability - he clearly has a lot of talent, but I just don't think he suited our style; we always wanted to keep the ball moving and have the early pass played, he always wanted to hold on to it.  Good luck to him though, I hope he goes far.
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Online RicoS321

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 70
« Reply #1065 on: January 15, 2018, 10:15:13 AM »
Shiftkey to Motherwell? Half decent I suppose. Always thought he was massively inconsistent and would be a frustrating player to have in the team

Similarly (inconsistent) Cummings, going to the hun. Along with Russell Martin who's pretty solid. A couple of decent additions that'll strengthen their squad.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #1066 on: January 15, 2018, 10:25:47 AM »
Is there not a limit to the number of loan players any club can have (four ??).
Surely Der Hun if they get Martin and Cummings must be exceeding that number  ???
Steve warm his seat up

Online Ten Caat

• First Team Regular
« Reply #1067 on: January 15, 2018, 10:33:24 AM »
Apparently cross border loans are treated the same as a full transfer therefore you can have as many as you can afford.....

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #1068 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »
Apparently cross border loans are treated the same as a full transfer therefore you can have as many as you can afford.....

Ah ok. Cheers TC
Did wonder about that, because did they not take five players from Newcastle back in the Ashley/Sports Direct days
Steve warm his seat up

Online RicoS321

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 70
« Reply #1069 on: January 15, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »
Ah ok. Cheers TC
Did wonder about that, because did they not take five players from Newcastle back in the Ashley/Sports Direct days

That's probably when they changed the rules to allow it.

In terms of the hun purchases, these loans look more like structured deals to allow them to pay for the players when they can actually afford them post season ticket sales

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 41
« Reply #1070 on: January 15, 2018, 02:08:28 PM »

Or can't afford?
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #1071 on: January 15, 2018, 03:01:20 PM »
Hearing that the offer to Kilmarnock for Jordan Jones is actually less than £150k cash up front and loads of really rediculous add ons based on events highly unlikely to ever materialise.

Hope Killie play hard ball here. Also hope Hamilton tell them to fuck off regarding Docherty unless it's all the cash up front.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 73
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1072 on: January 15, 2018, 05:32:18 PM »
If those clubs accept anything those pricks offer they deserve all they get.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #1073 on: January 16, 2018, 07:53:47 AM »
Hearing that the offer to Kilmarnock for Jordan Jones is actually less than £150k cash up front and loads of really rediculous add ons based on events highly unlikely to ever materialise.

Hope Killie play hard ball here. Also hope Hamilton tell them to fuck off regarding Docherty unless it's all the cash up front.

It doesn't matter what the bid is what they hope to achieve is turning the players head in the hope that they try and force a move through, then we hear the usual shyte of them supporting them since he was a boy. The good thing is nowadays is that players are beginning to see moving to either of the bigot brothers isn't quite the dream move they may once have thought.

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #1074 on: January 16, 2018, 07:04:15 PM »
It doesn't matter what the bid is what they hope to achieve is turning the players head in the hope that they try and force a move through, then we hear the usual shyte of them supporting them since he was a boy. The good thing is nowadays is that players are beginning to see moving to either of the bigot brothers isn't quite the dream move they may once have thought.

What makes you say that players are starting to think a move to the old firm isn’t that good? Jack just did it, the boy from St Mirren did too. Totally think Christie wants to be back at Celtic even though I see him having a similar impact to Jonny Hayes. Sadly they are both still a huge attraction and in Rangers case in particular, despite all of what they have been through.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #1075 on: January 17, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »
Hearts supposedly have won the race to get Naismith on loan
Laugherty & Naismith in the same team.
Like I need another reason to dislike Hearts.
Steve warm his seat up

Online Ten Caat

• First Team Regular
« Reply #1076 on: January 17, 2018, 10:30:05 AM »
Talk of Lafferty being offloaded to China.....600k been mentioned as the fee.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #1077 on: January 17, 2018, 10:31:19 AM »
Talk of Lafferty being offloaded to China.....600k been mentioned as the fee.

He'd be fucking massive out there ;)
Steve warm his seat up

Offline donsdaft

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -50
« Reply #1078 on: January 17, 2018, 10:43:12 AM »
He'd have to learn to lower his elbow's a bit.

Offline donsdaft

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -50
« Reply #1079 on: January 17, 2018, 10:47:04 AM »

It's always worth remembering.

Doesn't everyone look young?