Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

2 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Richard Jenssen, Finnish international central defender from Gornik Zabrze. Medical apparently done, now just waiting for work permits. He plays on the left, so sounds like our interest in Scales has finnished (sorry, couldn't resist)

Here's me thinking we're just getting started

• Haha 1

Interesting window. Two players today if the Finnish defender is on his way, and a third in a big unit forward. Leaves a very interesting squad, very little creative width and very lightweight in center mid. 
we’re obviously committed to 3 at the back judging by the defenders we’ve signed. Wing backs in mcgarry and devlin who from what we’ve heard are physical beasts who can run all day. Back up morris has pace, and Hayes and Mackenzie will be decent on the left. Or dadia can play right wing back too from what I gather.

has me wondering if polvara and now or dadia are intended to be the central midfielders, the latter obviously a question mark given we’ve seen so little. Still think our final signing should be the flood/Rama/heikkinen type if we get one more.

duk, miovski, sokler, and gueye would be solid depth and different ways of playing.

roos

ruby Macdonald jennsen

devlin clarkson shinnie mcgarry

mcgrath

miovski duk

interesting best 11 given if we can call it that. Still think adding a Rama type and benching McGrath is a better option.

• Like 1

Happy with that, thought I’d heard the name before and probably due to him playing in NL earlier in his career. Captained sides so obviously a leader, good signing on paper. Sounds like habib gueye on his way too? Not overly enamoured by his stats, but hopefully the guys know what they’re doing.

7 minutes ago, Jute said:

Not sure I would be chucking in a player who has never met his team mates never mind trained with them for a game as big as this. 

What sort of boring nonsense is this. Get him in there. Even better if he's got a beer belly after a wild summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He should be fit at least, he's had a full pre season etc.  If he does play it would likely mean Mackenzie to lb which wouldn't be awful.  Should we chuck him in?  Hard one to call, but I do like the idea of getting players playing in their natural positions and we could have a back 5 entirely made up of that tomorrow eve. 

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

He should be fit at least, he's had a full pre season etc.  If he does play it would likely mean Mackenzie to lb which wouldn't be awful.  Should we chuck him in?  Hard one to call, but I do like the idea of getting players playing in their natural positions and we could have a back 5 entirely made up of that tomorrow eve. 

McKenzie isn't a wing back though, he's basically a traditional left back (in a four). In fact, I'd say he's much more of a left centre back than a wing back. Lack of real position is probably his biggest issue but, conversely, it makes him versatile in a "fine in a few positions" type way.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

McKenzie isn't a wing back though, he's basically a traditional left back (in a four). In fact, I'd say he's much more of a left centre back than a wing back. Lack of real position is probably his biggest issue but, conversely, it makes him versatile in a "fine in a few positions" type way.

You can play 5 at the back with a fb's and not wb's 2bf though I concede you don't see it very often.  Given this is a game we are likely going to have to do a fair bit of defending on paper playing that back 5 with JM as lwb is probably our most solid option.  

8 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Robson says Jensen isn't going to play tomorrow but they wanted to make sure his registration got through yesterday so that he's available for next week.

That's just Robson having a laugh. He'll be starting. Captain. The new Anthony Stewart is how he's being billed.

• Haha 1

Southampton looking at Miovski as a potential replacement for Che Adams who has moved to Everton. Dons apparently holding out for at least £4M for him, which is well within Southampton's reach. Not sure how I feel about this - £4M is a hell of a lot of money to us, but Miovski is our proven striker. His second half vs Hacken was just top drawer

57 minutes ago, Reekie_Red said:

Southampton looking at Miovski as a potential replacement for Che Adams who has moved to Everton. Dons apparently holding out for at least £4M for him, which is well within Southampton's reach. Not sure how I feel about this - £4M is a hell of a lot of money to us, but Miovski is our proven striker. His second half vs Hacken was just top drawer

I would want more than 4 for him, he's got 3 years left on his contract.  My feeling is 6 minimum but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a min fee release clause in his deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Read somewhere that he’s not their no.1 target, sunderland striker is. Regardless don’t want him leaving this season, even if we have already signed his lookalike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Read somewhere that he’s not their no.1 target, sunderland striker is. Regardless don’t want him leaving this season, even if we have already signed his lookalike.

I've had the fear ever since the jungle drums started talking about  Pape Habib Gueye.  It is either someone is getting sold or bavidge is going on loan..