Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January Window

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Mattie Pollock in from Watford presumably on loan, 21 year old 6’3” central defender with a couple of years first team football under his belt. Looks fairly promising. 

Just about to post that Slim.

Played four times this season for them, including three starts and Watford have lost everytime he has played.

Got the feeling he is going to feel riight at home with us 😉

1 hour ago, baggy89 said:

Had him on loan at Cheltenham last season. Was decent in League 1 and the consensus was he’d go back to Watford and become a regular starter. Think he got the young player of the year award. 

Sounds fantastic. Not particularly happy with the way he spells his name though, it's deeply concerning. Kennedy should have a word.

6 hours ago, baggy89 said:

Had him on loan at Cheltenham last season. Was decent in League 1 and the consensus was he’d go back to Watford and become a regular starter. Think he got the young player of the year award. 

Anthony Stewart was supposed to be a decent league 1 player. Maybe need not to be looking at league 1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Article in the Retard suggests he is coming in as number one until season end 🤔

I would assume so. Lewis has looked like a shadow of himself (a shadow might be better), and is just a panicky mess. Unless he was just downing tools to quicken Goodwin's departure, which I think is unlikely. I think it's notable that we've addressed it even without a manager, although I guess it is just a loan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

baggy, know he was at Cheltenham and I see Panda mentioned he’s right footed but played LCB quite a bit. What can we expect from him? 

He describes himself as an old fashioned, aggressive defender (his words).

He also says he's "a bit of a leader". 

Let's hope he plays like he talks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Panda said:

Lewis on his way out presumably - considering Tom Ritchie has been recalled from his loan at Peterhead and Gorter isn't coming all the way from Ajax to sit on the bench.

Scott Burns claimed Club want 3 keepers so we have enough cover. 

Some whispers that if Dundee United manage to sell Tony Watt this evening, that Marley Watkins will be making the move to Tannadice.

Shame, a player I like a lot. By all accounts is on fire in training. Has had fitness issues in the past but that doesn't appear to have been a problem this season.

With Ramirez gone it would now leave us a bit light up front, tho guess it nudges Bavidge up the ladder a bit.

Edit: Unless, of course, a striker is signing today. Atlanta to sign  Giakoumakis then loan him to us would be acceptable. They owe us one.

Edited by Panda