Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪️🔴

January Window

Sound very promising. "“From a football point of view, I haven’t played as much as I would have hoped for whatever reason.

“I haven’t had a run of games. I have probably played no more than two in a row since the start of last January.

“I just want to enjoy my football again and be nearer my family which will be very good for me."

3 hours ago, Jute said:

I would like to think we would bring in another striker if Ramierz was sold. Big risk to rely on a youngster as main back up. 

Totally get the merit in your comment Jute. You're probably right on reflection but somewhere down the line the likes of Harvey & Bavidge need to start getting introduced to first team football 

It's a balancing act 

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Totally get the merit in your comment Jute. You're probably right on reflection but somewhere down the line the likes of Harvey & Bavidge need to start getting introduced to first team football 

It's a balancing act 

Yep, they should be getting ten or fifteen minutes fairly regularly or go out on loan. Harvey looked a poorer version of Bruce Anderson in my opinion and Bavidge is in that Shankland zone where application could be the only thing holding him back (I'm not suggesting he doesn't apply himself), and I suspect that will be tested the longer he doesn't get an opportunity.

I'd not replace Watkins or Ramirez if they left though. I can see us playing one up fairly regularly from now on, and from now until May I'd gamble on having the two with an option of one of the above youngsters from the bench.

20 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Not a surprise to see Christian Ramirez being touted for Columbus Crew but do we bring in somebody to replace him if he goes next fortnight or so??

No, don't think strikers are our priority, and it's not like Ramirez has been playing much.

Use the wages to bring in a top defender & to get Shinnie signed up permanently.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

I think we need another striker that is a different style to Lopes and Miovski. Give us a plan B if they are not working in certain games.

Agreed, and I think it has to be a target man.  It's the most bang for buck choice to my eye giving at least 2 new tactical options we don't currently have. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Agreed, and I think it has to be a target man.  It's the most bang for buck choice to my eye giving at least 2 new tactical options we don't currently have. 

Nonsense, the most bang for buck would be a 6ft7 defender who we can throw up for the last ten when things aren't going well. There's a cost of living crisis, we need to learn to be more frugal.

• Haha 1