Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January Window

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/woogdate-hayden-coulson-middlesbrough-future-26000863

Interesting read on Coulson.  My feeling is he will sign a new deal with them if they don't get promoted, if they do he/boro will probably part ways.  Even in this scenario I don't see him being with us next season.  Most likely he will go to the Championship but I wouldn't be that surprised if the huns or the tims went for him cos they are both lacking at LB and they must have noticed him by now. 

Edited by tlg1903

29 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Bailey Wtight from Sunderland apparently a target for loan deal until season end 🤔

Not been in their first team much this season but was a regular last season in league 1. Cannot say he stood out as a good player in games I was at last season but did not look shite either. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Not been in their first team much this season but was a regular last season in league 1. Cannot say he stood out as a good player in games I was at last season but did not look shite either. 

Probably swimming in our pool then Jute 

2 hours ago, Slim said:

I think we’re about his level, he’s not that good.

I disagree.  I think Coulson is a good footballer and would do better than he currently is if he was in a better team. 
he is balanced, has quick feet, reads the game well, strong in the tackle and as much as I’d like for him to stay long term, I think he will go on to bigger things, if he stays injury free. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepheid said:

I disagree.  I think Coulson is a good footballer and would do better than he currently is if he was in a better team. 
he is balanced, has quick feet, reads the game well, strong in the tackle and as much as I’d like for him to stay long term, I think he will go on to bigger things, if he stays injury free. 

He might be decent going forward but we signed him as a wing back and he cannot defend worth a shit. He will end up in league 1. 

• Like 1

Despite his deficiencies defensively (and he showed them at Tynecastle), I think there is a player there in Coulson and I'd take him on a permanent deal to see if he good be developed further. Same with Scales.

But whoever suggested above Rangers and Celtic would be looking at Coulson. Absolutely no chance! He couldn't hold a candle to Greg Taylor or Borna Barisic.

9 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Ramirez gone. Treated very poorly IMHO. 

And for an “undisclosed fee” 🙄

It will be disclosed at some point as MLS rules mean transfer fees must be disclosed.

I was never that impressed with Ramierz. 10 league goals for the money we were paying him was not a great return. However do agree that he was probably chucked under the bus as a scapegoat by club last summer. 

Biggest concern for me is we now only have two strikers at the club so no plan B or cover for Miovski and Lopes. Need another striker in now. 

55 minutes ago, Jute said:

It will be disclosed at some point as MLS rules mean transfer fees must be disclosed.

I was never that impressed with Ramierz. 10 league goals for the money we were paying him was not a great return. However do agree that he was probably chucked under the bus as a scapegoat by club last summer. 

Biggest concern for me is we now only have two strikers at the club so no plan B or cover for Miovski and Lopes. Need another striker in now. 

Problem there Jute is it is January transfer window.

No decent striker is going to be available within our budget and want to come and play second fiddle to Miovski & Duk.

Dare I remind folk of the shite we have take in during January in years gone by 😵

The whole thing doesn't sit well with me. Some folk have asked how we can blame the manager? There are too many similarities to other players, Consi, Bates (i'd actually forgotten about him), Besuijen for it not only to be on the player. Give him the service and he provided. It was a shame that he was never really given the opportunity to be the main guy and have either Miovski / Duk play alongside him. Shite.

12 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Apparently being linked with Jay Idzes of Go Ahead Eagles. A central defender no idea where this came from or if there is any substance to it. I seen it on the BBC gossip column.

Six figure sum too. Given it’s in the press, surely that’s bollocks. He actually sounds decent too.

6 hours ago, Jute said:

Wright coming off the bench for Sunderland. Commentators mentioned interest from Leith Junkies but not us. 

The fact that we were apparently interested and then it moved onto Hibs swiftly after, suggested to me that it was agent chat. Possibly not, but got that impression. 

13 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Pretty quiet here, any gossip regarding Connor Barron? With clarkson apparently here til summer and the two new central midfield signings, would you swap Barron for scales?

Nah, centre-back wouldn't suit Barron.