Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January Window

Miovski getting linked with stade de riems (mid table in ligue 1) for 4-5 million euros in the French press. 

"Under contract until 2026 in the Scottish club, Bojan Miovski would have the advantage of being financially affordable.  If the Transfermarkt site estimates him at €700,000, he should not however be available for less than 4/5 million euros." 

I think we are going to be getting a lot of rumours the next wee while.  The front two and Barron in particular are going to be getting a lot of interest.  Coulsons future is going to be up in the air too as he's ooc with boro in the summer. 

8 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Miovski getting linked with stade de riems (mid table in ligue 1) for 4-5 million euros in the French press. 

"Under contract until 2026 in the Scottish club, Bojan Miovski would have the advantage of being financially affordable.  If the Transfermarkt site estimates him at €700,000, he should not however be available for less than 4/5 million euros." 

I think we are going to be getting a lot of rumours the next wee while.  The front two and Barron in particular are going to be getting a lot of interest.  Coulsons future is going to be up in the air too as he's ooc with boro in the summer. 

Always had the suspicion that we might have got Miovski in on basis that we might make a quick profit.There was interest from Granada last January so was fair bet there would be more if he started well with us.

I suspect the club won't be keen to sell in January unless it's stupid money anyway.  January window can be hard to get value in with regards to a replacement and HJK will have a decent sell on fee most likely too.  I also would be surprised if Miovski wouldn't prefer to see out the season with us than go to Reims.  It's not exactly a massive step up (fergie is playing at a higher level at bologna i would say) and  l reckon BM will have his sights set a wee bit higher. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Always had the suspicion that we might have got Miovski in on basis that we might make a quick profit.There was interest from Granda last January so was fair bet there would be more if he started well with us.

Granda ??

Dirty old man 🤔

• Like 1

Bizarrely just back in the house and was going to start this exact thread with rhe alleged story about Bojan

£4m get you to the table and we open  negotiations.

Just shows you what potentially is possible when you spread your net further tha  Leagues One & Two down south.

Of course not every one will be a success but a hit rate of even one in tthree would be good

Be an interesting window, although we have to remember it’s not summer and winter is a tough market. Little may happen. I think any offers for miovski have to be considered with two things in mind, christian Ramirez and formation. I rate miovski highly but a 4-5 mill offer or more we snap that up. If we play 3-5-2 with Ramirez up front with Duk I think christian could do very well. Different type of player to miovski but still a very good one (if he wants to be here.) It’s funny, miovski seems a polished established player while we see duk as young raw talent, but they’re not far off the same age. Can see duk with us for longer, I think being fair, miovski is a step above us.

I think getting coulson has to be a window priority, do early business. Pre contract or permanent now. He’s not been at his best of late but I believe thats injury related. He’s quality. Hopefully the World Cup break gives him time for full fitness. Can play left back, wing back, or left mid, given we’re not certain of formation I think he’s a good long term signing. Same for scales, would like us to pick him up, the noise around him has quietened, maybe we can get him permanently. Doubt that though. That then leads to the left central defender problem again.

another right central defender is a must. Back 3 or 4, I think mccrorie has to be in midfield. Don’t see Stewart being benched, think he’s the middle of a 3 in goodwin’s eyes. If we go 4 at the back though with this signing added then Stewart isn’t 100% guaranteed to play every minute and competition for playing time is good.

Don’t see the point in another right back if we’re committed to 3-5-2. We’ve got too many players, Richardson, Kennedy, Morris, mccrorie, Vinny, Roberts, Watkins etc can all play right, even McLennan if he returns, we need to offload. To be honest, would like to see us shed one or two of these first.

a midfield 3 of ramadani barron and clarkson isn’t working in my eyes. As a result we bypass them too much and go long. It’s ramadani mccrorie and one more. To be honest I’d like the third to be clarkson short term then Ronan picked up now or summer. Ronan in clarkson’s place ASAP, we need that flair. Barron and clarkson aren’t a good combo and as I have, other too, think if punting Barron to Celtic to get scales is on, we do that.

So, coulson and scales permanently, right central defender, and Ronan. That’s the winter business. If we can punt Kennedy, McLennan, Watkins, even Morris, then a right wing back/winger too. 

I would not be signing Coulson as a left back. Think he looks really weak defensively. Fine going forward though. Scales looks decent but still has 2 years on his on contract with Victims so will not be cheap and not sure he is worth the level of fee reported in the summer. Right back is a must as other than McCrorie we don’t have one but need him in midfield. Ramirez is an interesting one. If we do not sell a striker will he want to stay about to play back up. Wonder if he might return to US in January window. 

14 minutes ago, Jute said:

I would not be signing Coulson as a left back. Think he looks really weak defensively. Fine going forward though. Scales looks decent but still has 2 years on his on contract with Victims so will not be cheap and not sure he is worth the level of fee reported in the summer. Right back is a must as other than McCrorie we don’t have one but need him in midfield. Ramirez is an interesting one. If we do not sell a striker will he want to stay about to play back up. Wonder if he might return to US in January window. 

But do we need a right back since we seem to be a 3-5-2 team now?? Don’t we have bigger priorities? We have an abundance of wing backs/wingers at the club…..although most are shit to be fair.

Think we do as McCrorie aside none of the wide right players we have are any good defensively even for a wing back role. Also don’t think Goodwin is committed to 3-5-2. He has said before 4 at the back is his preferred option. Only reason we are playing a 3 is to try and cover Richardson and Stewart’s deficiencies in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

But do we need a right back since we seem to be a 3-5-2 team now?? Don’t we have bigger priorities? We have an abundance of wing backs/wingers at the club…..although most are shit to be fair.

Are we actually a 3-5-2 (3-1-4-2 it is really) team though? To me, that's only being done because of personnel issues which, in theory, could be addressed in January. I think centre midfield is an absolute priority, but only if we can get a good one! Somebody like Shinnie (I'm not suggesting him) in there would be perfect and would completely change the dynamic of the team. If there's nobody like that, then a right back would be useful. For me, a right sided centre half would be great, but I see little point in that if we're not ditching Stewart. Stewart's done okay in recent games, but he's average. More importantly, he seems to need the third defender to help him through games, but perhaps a solid right back might be the answer (I think Devlin is a cracking fullback, somebody along those lines that knows what to do positionally).

I think our second half against Livi was the most organised we've been in a while and it produced a lot of chances too. Barron and Ramadani were solid as the two, and Stewart coped well when Richardson was limited in what he was allowed to do. A better right back in there, perhaps McRorie and a good centre half and we'd have the option of a 4-4-2. If McRorie isn't right back than I think we need to use him more sparingly. He's not good enough for the Dons midfield, his passing is atrocious. If we're sticking with a 3-1-4-2 then he's definitely not good enough (as Ramadani will always be the 1). He's a more athletic version of Dom Ball and he should be used in that way. Good to supplement the midfield on a backs-to-the-wall day (or as cover) and good cover for right side of defence. I'd like to see him get a run of games at right back just to see if he can play there though.

Agree with Jute about Coulson. He's gone backwards as the season has gone on, and I'm very surprised McKenzie didn't start ahead of him on Saturday. Defensively he's been terrible of late. If we can get on a free or pre contract then probably worth a punt.

13 hours ago, KGB said:

I can see there being serious interest in Duk as well. 

Thing is he's far from the finished article, but getting regular game time does seem to be benefiting him and his development.

Still some dubiety it appears surrounding the exact structure of the deal that took him to us.

For a while the fee was reported as being £400k, but not sure that was actually paid. It seems that as part of the deal Benfica have a substantial sell on clause. Now we'll all have our own views on what constitutes substantial. but in my eyes that could mean 40% or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Thing is he's far from the finished article, but getting regular game time does seem to be benefiting him and his development.

Still some dubiety it appears surrounding the exact structure of the deal that took him to us.

For a while the fee was reported as being £400k, but not sure that was actually paid. It seems that as part of the deal Benfica have a substantial sell on clause. Now we'll all have our own views on what constitutes substantial. but in my eyes that could mean 40% or so.

Would tend to agree. There is great potential in Lopes’ game but also still some rough edges that need regular game time to knock off. Not sure he gets that moving on from us. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Would be worth it alone.

One of my best pals is a Hibby, I would have a field day with him. 

Never going to happen though obviously, he'll end up in the championship or perhaps Italy as they seem to be seeing Scotland as a viable marketplace now (apparently josh doig is of serious interest to Napoli, Lazio and Bologna this window).  That said he would probably do quite well as rcb next to Stewart in a 3

Josh Dacres-Cogley has too many names, but I think we should still give him every chance if he does come in January. Have we had a double barreler before (specifically last name and hyphenated, so none of the Dutch lads or Ojo)? GMS was probably the only one I can think of, which suggests we'll likely call this lad JDC. I just can't imagine someone with two surnames being strong enough in the tackle and having the concentration required for ninety minutes.

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Josh Dacres-Cogley has too many names, but I think we should still give him every chance if he does come in January. Have we had a double barreler before (specifically last name and hyphenated, so none of the Dutch lads or Ojo)? GMS was probably the only one I can think of, which suggests we'll likely call this lad JDC. I just can't imagine someone with two surnames being strong enough in the tackle and having the concentration required for ninety minutes.

Rory FORFUCKSAKE-Fallon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1