Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪️🔴

Next manager

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Cormack will have inserted a runaway clause into his contract, giving him three years EPL salary.

He didn't do a huge amount wrong today, given our current mess. He was unlucky. However, the overall collapse since he arrived leads to this sort of pish. It's similar to that Goodwin game where we collapsed. 

We will be in the playoffs if Warnock stays. He needs to go.

Funny is certainly the wrong word, but it’s funny that I thought something similar too. The collapse we have seen in the last month is very like goodwin’s last month. We’ve gone from being in a decent place to complete shit. I know we weren’t 3rd or 4th, but we had games in hand, were in a cup final, and had a decent last game in Europe. The difference is that we weren’t shit prior to goodwin’s last month, but we’ve been arguably poor all year, plus have a very poorly designed squad, plus were an absolute disaster in the January window.

i still feel we are doing the right thing, a review of all things football, but we have to move forward soon. We’ve got a babysitter and nobody benefits right now. Team in limbo and results matter.

• Like 1

More and more chat that Warnock might walk before the end of the season. It'll be fine though, because the club I'm sure have been working hard behind the scenes to draw up a shortlist for a permanent manager.

I do wonder if we lose to Kilmarnock and Warnock's dream of winning a cup goes, if he might just consider he's too old, away from his wife, doesn't need the pressure, and just floats back down the road.

We'll never know though because we're going to beat Killie.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

More and more chat that Warnock might walk before the end of the season. It'll be fine though, because the club I'm sure have been working hard behind the scenes to draw up a shortlist for a permanent manager.

I do wonder if we lose to Kilmarnock and Warnock's dream of winning a cup goes, if he might just consider he's too old, away from his wife, doesn't need the pressure, and just floats back down the road.

We'll never know though because we're going to beat Killie.

More and more chat from who??? Validity or simply hope??

Edited by OrlandoDon

10 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

More and more chat from who??? Validity or simply hope??

Couple of opinion pieces in the press yesterday suggesting this. No idea if they have inside knowledge or have just been speaking to Rico. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jute said:

Couple of opinion pieces in the press yesterday suggesting this. No idea if they have inside knowledge or have just been speaking to Rico. 

My money is on Rico.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jute said:

This better be another of Rico’s rumours. 

I'd rather eat my own shite than suggest Lennon for manager.

That said, given the choice, I'd have had him over Warnock. 

If Warnock goes, just give Leven control and make it very clear that he's only there for a few weeks until we sort someone out, and that there is absolutely zero pressure or expectation on him to do anything as manager other than to turn up and take the team. Make sure that the fans are clear on this too. Realistically, a new manager should be on board by mid May at the latest (playoff dependent), so that they can begin the build for next season, as well as have a clear idea of what the current team has, or doesn't. 

What will actually happen, of course, is that our shitey review will be ongoing into June, when we get some foreign manager in (because Dave hasn't tried foreign yet, you see). The review will conclude that we need various structural and staff changes, will begin just as we leave the summer transfer window. At which point, the foreign manager will have recruited his foreign friends to play for us, resulting in the usual mixed bag of utter pish, average and one gem to make it all right. We will not publicly acknowledge the fact that the new manager hasn't had the benefit of our review changes, nor any support in his role in a new country, and we'll part ways when we're in eighth place in January, replacing with someone who knows the Scottish game.

8 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I'd rather eat my own shite than suggest Lennon for manager.

That said, given the choice, I'd have had him over Warnock. 

If Warnock goes, just give Leven control and make it very clear that he's only there for a few weeks until we sort someone out, and that there is absolutely zero pressure or expectation on him to do anything as manager other than to turn up and take the team. Make sure that the fans are clear on this too. Realistically, a new manager should be on board by mid May at the latest (playoff dependent), so that they can begin the build for next season, as well as have a clear idea of what the current team has, or doesn't. 

What will actually happen, of course, is that our shitey review will be ongoing into June, when we get some foreign manager in (because Dave hasn't tried foreign yet, you see). The review will conclude that we need various structural and staff changes, will begin just as we leave the summer transfer window. At which point, the foreign manager will have recruited his foreign friends to play for us, resulting in the usual mixed bag of utter pish, average and one gem to make it all right. We will not publicly acknowledge the fact that the new manager hasn't had the benefit of our review changes, nor any support in his role in a new country, and we'll part ways when we're in eighth place in January, replacing with someone who knows the Scottish game.

Fuck me, no wonder you got sacked from your job with the Samaritans 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Slim said:

Warnock gone. 

It’s going to be Lennon isn’t it? 🤮

I'm fervently praying it was relevant we played Killie today but I suspect you're probably correct. 

OOft! Surprised that he’s gone but obviously sounds like we are close to moving forward. Better be more than just a new manager coming in or this leads to more what the fuck questions.

id argue it was probably more work and pressure than warnock expected.

Edited by OrlandoDon

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

Lennon will split the support

He's a dick that can't hack being a manager. He usually starts okay in fairness, but he then descends into blaming everything that moves. A fucking mess of a man. Clueless from the club if it's the plan.

Edited by RicoS321

3 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

He's a dick that can't hack being a manager. He usually starts okay in fairness, but he then descends into blaming everything that moves. A fucking mess of a man. Clueless from the club if it's the plan.

I’d argue any manager splits the support. If whoever comes in has a good strong start all is good. Comes down to results. Much like Robson, didn’t want him but good start so accepted him. Shit start and the manager is too young, too old, doesn’t know our league, past it, lacks experience, etc etc. McGhee was an ex player and legend and look what happened to him, Roy Aiken took over, mcinnes was a hun we heard. Does it matter, if he wins games and cups he gets accepted.

been zero info from the club since Robson left, really curious if it’s a new manager, new structure, or what?

• Like 1

Good after match interview with warnock, 100% agree a new man needs to be in asap to assess the squad and build for next year with input on who we keep, get rid of, and sign. Can’t remember who posted the opposite how we’ll be late and it fucks up next year, agreed that would be a disaster. What he says is correct, let’s hope it happens asap.

• Like 1

On the face of it, what Warnock said was correct. However, we could have done that with Peter Leven taking the team until the permanent manager was appointed and completely avoid the Warnock circus that was always inevitable to be an embarrassment.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’d argue any manager splits the support. If whoever comes in has a good strong start all is good. Comes down to results. Much like Robson, didn’t want him but good start so accepted him. Shit start and the manager is too young, too old, doesn’t know our league, past it, lacks experience, etc etc. McGhee was an ex player and legend and look what happened to him, Roy Aiken took over, mcinnes was a hun we heard. Does it matter, if he wins games and cups he gets accepted.

been zero info from the club since Robson left, really curious if it’s a new manager, new structure, or what?

There won't be a new structure, they're winging it, and have been for quite some time. I'm not overly fussed about a manager splitting the support, it's the fact that Lennon just shows that we haven't got a clue what we're doing. I don't think he's a terrible manager, but he's very quick to throw players under a bus, and he's been out of work for ages, and clearly didn't want the job a few weeks ago. It reeks. Just like Warnock reeked. 

Actually, I'm guessing that Cormack just watched that BBC vox pop after we ditched Robson, where several munters outside pittodrie suggested Lennon. That seems to be how he does his business.

• Haha 1

I dont think Warnock being here was an inevitable embarassment,....people had made up their minds about him before he started.He chopped and changed to find a side that got results,so we had to allow a few dodgy results in the process.Quickly dropped the slackers/luxuries,done as good as expected with the current resources IMO.I'm almost curious to see what he could have done longer term

Apparently it’s not Lennon, and although Ringo and McCartney have not ruled themselves out, Michael O’Neill is one of the rumours. 

Whatever people think of Warnock, we’re a laughing stock under Cormack. He needs to get the next decision correct. 

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

I dont think Warnock being here was an inevitable embarassment,....people had made up their minds about him before he started.He chopped and changed to find a side that got results,so we had to allow a few dodgy results in the process.Quickly dropped the slackers/luxuries,done as good as expected with the current resources IMO.I'm almost curious to see what he could have done longer term

Nah, I don't accept that. He clearly had done nothing in the way of homework before he came, and nothing after he got here. We shouldn't have been in the position of having a temporary manager who didn't know the first thing about the team or the league. Not necessarily Warnock's fault of course, but he didn't take it seriously. Or if that was him taking it seriously then he wasn't good enough. Some of his nonsense setups could have been avoided by simply watching a couple of videos of Robson's matches. 

That's not to say we're now better off without him of course, as you say. Interesting that the players knew before their game that he was leaving and they turn in their best performance since his appointment. Miovski was strange today, he didn't challenge for several headers in a row just before he went off. Maybe he was too upset about Warnock leaving.