Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next manager

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Actually, I'm guessing that Cormack just watched that BBC vox pop after we ditched Robson, where several munters outside pittodrie suggested Lennon. That seems to be how he does his business.

Don't knock it, clearly some of your Warnock out rumours got through to him too.

• Like 1

Rumours are it's foreign.

More rumours have linked us with Germany.

I can only conclude therefore Dave Cormack has trumped Bayern, Real Madrid and Liverpool and landed Xabi Alonso.

Never doubted the man.

On 07/03/2024 at 09:30, RicoS321 said:

What will actually happen, of course, is that our shitey review will be ongoing into June, when we get some foreign manager in (because Dave hasn't tried foreign yet, you see).

44 minutes ago, Panda said:

Rumours are it's foreign

1 hour ago, OxfordDon said:

Don't knock it, clearly some of your Warnock out rumours got through to him too

There's a theme here 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

There's a theme here 

Going on that logic, I now too expect Xabi to be announced Monday.  Dave, suggest we send him some rowies and point out Munich, Madrid and Liverpool don't do them.

Edited by OxfordDon

4 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

Going on that logic, I now too expect Xabi to be announced Monday.  Dave, suggest we send him some rowies and point out Munich, Madrid and Liverpool don't do them.

I don't really know who Xabi is, without recourse to checking the internet, so I can't take credit for that rumour. I don't think Cormack is going to come on here and take note of anything @Panda says. He's not crazy.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I don't really know who Xabi is, without recourse to checking the internet, so I can't take credit for that rumour. I don't think Cormack is going to come on here and take note of anything @Panda says. He's not crazy.

My posts are the reason it's not going to be Lennon. You're welcome.

And Dave, stop phoning me, it's Saturday night pal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Delighted Warnock is gone. Think he has been a disaster and have a suspicion that todays improved performance was on the back of players knowing he was gone. 

Loads of rumours circulating on line suggest Panda and Rico have been busy. Hope whoever it is comes in by international break. 

13 minutes ago, Jute said:

Loads of rumours circulating on line suggest Panda and Rico have been busy. Hope whoever it is comes in by international break. 

No rumours here. No idea who it is.

Steve Tosh claiming on Twitter it's someone British who was "a decent player" and "has managed at a decent level".

Few others said they believe it's a foreign boss who is currently in a job.

I might turn up for work on time tomorrow to harass some people who hopefully know more than me.

45 minutes ago, Panda said:

No rumours here. No idea who it is.

Steve Tosh claiming on Twitter it's someone British who was "a decent player" and "has managed at a decent level".

Few others said they believe it's a foreign boss who is currently in a job.

I might turn up for work on time tomorrow to harass some people who hopefully know more than me.

British, hm, decent player who managed at a decent level. Doesn’t mean decent manager though. Stevie G? Lampard? Steve Bruce? Billy Davies? Obviously Lennon, Strachan, McLeish. Just trying to think of people I’d not want!

Foreign boss currently in a job. Obviously Klopp and part of his Liverpool exit plan.

going to be a really interesting hire given the time and process since Robson left.

5 minutes ago, Jute said:

Delighted Warnock is gone. Think he has been a disaster and have a suspicion that todays improved performance was on the back of players knowing he was gone. 

Aye, I was pleased with the win and then the day got even better.  I honestly never want to hear the phrase "are you with me?" ever again. 

The holiday maker departing and the surprisingly convincing win over Killie aside what an absolute clusterfuck of a position the club has got itself into.  He was supposed to be here till the end of the season but now apparently he's been telling them for ages they need to get someone else in beforehand.  I'm calling bullshit on that.  I think he found out the club were planning to replace him earlier than he expected and he's decided to go on his terms instead.  I can respect that 2bf.  

1 hour ago, RedTube said:

Michael O’Neill is the name being touted on other forums. Apparently he was at the game last week. 

I did tout Michael O'Neill for the job on the day Robson was sacked.

I was also vehemently against Neil Warnock in that same post. Club really need to read this forum more often.

On 31/01/2024 at 12:28, Panda said:

Michael O'Neill?

Did well in first spell at Northern Ireland. Saved Stoke from relegation but couldn't quite take them above mid-table after that but you would hope has learned from the experience. Now back at Northern Ireland but could be tempted into club management again.

Alex Neil - I dunno. I've heard good arguments for and against him. 

Absolutely not to Neil Lennon, Stephen Robinson, Derek McInnes, John Kennedy and Neil Warnock.

If it is O'Neill, he plays a variation of tactics, but at Stoke was very much a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 man. 

Used four different formations in his last four Northern Ireland games.

Wouldn't look too much into his Northern Ireland results - it was a very young side, were always going to struggle.

What a bizarre set of events to log on to. So players knew he was offski beforehand? I’m biding my time laughing at my token killie pal, but this is just fantastic news. I had hoped it would work out, he at least worked out we needed to play four at the back and some width. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedTube said:

Michael O’Neill is the name being touted on other forums. Apparently he was at the game last week. 

St Mirren have 2 Norn Ireland players in their squad, probably just watching them?

Reading that Steve Tosh tosh on Twitter, I saw Uwe Rosler mentioned which could be a good shout. Currently with AGF in Denmark, got them to 3rd in their league last season.

Bit of a patchy history in the English leagues but generally seems to get his teams punching at their weight, if not slightly above, which is what we need pretty much.

Re. Michael O’Neil, isn’t he a renowned prolific alcoholic?

5 hours ago, Slim said:

Reading that Steve Tosh tosh on Twitter, I saw Uwe Rosler mentioned which could be a good shout. Currently with AGF in Denmark, got them to 3rd in their league last season.

Bit of a patchy history in the English leagues but generally seems to get his teams punching at their weight, if not slightly above, which is what we need pretty much.

Re. Michael O’Neil, isn’t he a renowned prolific alcoholic?

I heard Macintyre quiz him about it on the radio when he was first in charge of Ni and after he had turned down Scotland.  He obviously denied it but fwiw I found him reasonably convincing at the time.  I don't think you can get away with being an alcholic manager these days 2bh, there's too much scrutiny on you. 

Statement went up on the website last night.

We appointed a German management consultancy company and seemingly their conclusion is that we need to appoint a Technical Director to support the Director of Football. No really.

If the outcome of every management consulting process in the history of the world is anything to go by, we can expect this Technical Director to be affiliated with this consulting company in some way. Steve Gunn better start brushing up on his German.