Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hedges

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Would normally say do a deal to get shot in January but I doubt we will get a player as talented in to replace him. Might just have to stick with him until May. 

I would be at peace with taking some money for him then giving it to St mirren for mcgrath 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I would be at peace with taking some money for him then giving it to St mirren for mcgrath 

Cannot see St Mirren allowing McGrath to go before the end of the season even if he signs a precontract with us for the same reason. No way they get in a similar quality player in January so there as well keeping him.

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Cannot see St Mirren allowing McGrath to go before the end of the season even if he signs a precontract with us for the same reason. No way they get in a similar quality player in January so there as well keeping him.

How financially sound are they? COVID fucked every club, I’d think they’d take the money. While they’ll battle relegation, the money would allow them to bring in more than one player, plus a loan or two, even from us. Cash and Kennedy perhaps?

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I don’t think so. He’s leave for nothing in 3-4 months. According to ESPN stats he has 2 goals no assists this year, that correct??? Any real loss??

I don't get the Hedges criticism.

He's a fantastic, exciting player on his day and he's had plenty of 'days'.

He's been the most exciting player for a few seasons we've had and has great skills.

His choices sometimes haven't been great but I think many fans seem to forget some of his moves and brilliance at taking on players successfully.

I understand he can go for free at the end of the season but prior to that,  to not get at least £1mill for him is very strange management/business.

He’s not worth 1m even on his day imo. Was due to leave for free and has been practically anonymous this season and for some of last. 200k + add ons, I’m ok with that. We really need to have another player in though as one creative player is what has stifled us this season. Just hope the club realise this.

8 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I don't get the Hedges criticism.

He's a fantastic, exciting player on his day and he's had plenty of 'days'.

He's been the most exciting player for a few seasons we've had and has great skills.

His choices sometimes haven't been great but I think many fans seem to forget some of his moves and brilliance at taking on players successfully.

I understand he can go for free at the end of the season but prior to that,  to not get at least £1mill for him is very strange management/business.

"On his day" is the most important part of what you say in my opinion.

Unfortunately that say only cane along now and again.

At end of the day, we got him for nothing, have had him for two and a half years and got £200k.

Works for me 

When Hedges had the right combo of players around him,he could be very good. Doesnt want to be here though,so we're left trying to cobble together an already depleted side. Might as well see what some youngsters can do,since its unlikely we'll find enough replacements in this window

225k and will be finalised tomorrow apparently. According to Scott Burns, we'll be getting some boy called Jacob Davenport on loan for the rest of the Season ( From Blackburn ) and McGrath is alive again, McGrath himself having a change of heart and is now keen on moving here. Wonder if we'll use the Hedges money to get McGrath in tomorrow instead of waiting til the end of the Season?

Also have a Striker incoming, permanent and not a loan, which if true, is much needed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

225k and will be finalised tomorrow apparently. According to Scott Burns, we'll be getting some boy called Jacob Davenport on loan for the rest of the Season ( From Blackburn ) and McGrath is alive again, McGrath himself having a change of heart and is now keen on moving here. Wonder if we'll use the Hedges money to get McGrath in tomorrow instead of waiting til the end of the Season?

Also have a Striker incoming, permanent and not a loan, which if true, is much needed. 

You can’t post this, I get my hopes up…

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2022 at 13:54, KennyFuckinPowers said:

Not exactly what happened…..