Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window and the squad as it stands

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Sad but true. I don't want to help build up their fringe players for them to profit massively. It doesn't help us short or long term imo.  Nice of one of my former local clubs supply us with another player. Will try do some digging about him.

Gutted McGinn is off, I had hoped he'd see the season out but I imagine his wage is quite high.

I would hope given that circumstance we wouldn't agree to a loan without a fee already agreed should we wish to sign him.

All the best mcginniesta.  You were the first player in red to get me out of my seat on a regular basis since... Probably zerouali 2bh. 

32 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I would hope given that circumstance we wouldn't agree to a loan without a fee already agreed should we wish to sign him.

All the best mcginniesta.  You were the first player in red to get me out of my seat on a regular basis since... Probably zerouali 2bh. 

That was my kinda thinking, hoping we'd learned from Ryan Christie.

39 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Always bemused me that we never saw McGinn as a striker for a while.

Hot and cold so many times. Non existent so many games but when he 'turned up' he was brilliant!

Always saw him moving to a #10, creative, skilled, and can score goals, a position we’ve lacked since Christie/Maddison. Not quite sure what happened to mcginn to be honest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Always saw him moving to a #10, creative, skilled, and can score goals, a position we’ve lacked since Christie/Maddison. Not quite sure what happened to mcginn to be honest. 

Nothing happened, just not an impact sub. As soon as he was relegated to bit part player he was always going to struggle. I still think he's better than McLennan, and probably jet and Jenks too, but I understand the need to wind down his game time and if he gets regular fitba at Dundee, I could see him scoring a few. 

Fuck knows what the idiots in the dons support will accuse him of when he scores against us and doesn't celebrate. "He disnae try against them".

• Like 1

Ramsay, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Campbell, McLennan, Barron, Ferguson, Polvara, Besuijen, Ruth.  What an Aberdeen U-23's team that is!!!  Just need a goalkeeper!  Bring back Tom Ritchie from his loan! 

Edited by SeeBass
Forgot somebody!
  • Like 1

Just looked at a few highlights reels of Vicente Besuijen.

This young lad is class!

Great touch, great vision.

Been saying for years that we should recruit youth from countries like Holland where the roots/pedigree of football is far superior to ours.

Well done Glass/recruitment dude for snatching him.

Welcome to AFC.

• Like 1

After last night it is clear we desperately need the recruitment team to get in a creative midfielder to allow us breakdown teams like St Mirren who sit in and try to frustrate us. Also need another striker on the books to give us another option when Ramirez is not working or off form. Emmanuel Thomas clearly is not the answer. Thought of him being our only striking option if Ramirez gets injured is already giving me the fear. Big wages, fee and arguably a better player shipped out was a terrible deal. 

22 minutes ago, Jute said:

After last night it is clear we desperately need the recruitment team to get in a creative midfielder to allow us breakdown teams like St Mirren who sit in and try to frustrate us. Also need another striker on the books to give us another option when Ramirez is not working or off form. Emmanuel Thomas clearly is not the answer. Thought of him being our only striking option if Ramirez gets injured is already giving me the fear. Big wages, fee and arguably a better player was a terrible deal. 

Jet is an utter disgrace I would rip up his contract now! Terrible over weight prick

Copy and pasting this from the Hedges thread, which I just replied too, apologies. 

Hedges to Blackburn will be completed tomorrow for 225k apparently. According to Scott Burns, we're interested in some boy called Jacob Davenport on loan for the rest of the Season ( From Blackburn funnily enough ) and McGrath is alive again, McGrath himself having a change of heart and is now keen on moving here. Wonder if we'll use the Hedges money to get McGrath in tomorrow instead of waiting til the end of the Season? Also signing a Striker from England on a permanent and not a loan, which is much needed for me, Ramirez can't be expected to carry the can for the whole Season. 

On 13/01/2022 at 22:29, tlg1903 said:

Glass is wanting to keep Devlin it would seem, he's close to full fitness.  I do think there is a player in there 2bf but we've not seen it really since his first season.  Still, he's probably going to be on a low basic and with consi due back in the near future too that leaves us well stocked with cb's for the rest of the season.  With all cb's fit  we may see Mcrorie in midfield more, especially if ferguson moves on.   

I can't help but wonder if glass is thinking about moving to a 3 at the back more regularly.   He doesn't seem the type that is wed to one system and, personally, I think we look more solid with a 3.  You could also argue that it gets the best out of Gallagher and given what he's on wage wise that's desirable.  A back 3 of bates, Gallagher and Considine doesn't really have too many weaknesses to my eye, I would be quite happy with that starting against anyone in the league. 

Signing on until.end of the season.

I'll say no more and let you all digest that folks.

1 hour ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

Copy and pasting this from the Hedges thread, which I just replied too, apologies. 

Hedges to Blackburn will be completed tomorrow for 225k apparently. According to Scott Burns, we're interested in some boy called Jacob Davenport on loan for the rest of the Season ( From Blackburn funnily enough ) and McGrath is alive again, McGrath himself having a change of heart and is now keen on moving here. Wonder if we'll use the Hedges money to get McGrath in tomorrow instead of waiting til the end of the Season? Also signing a Striker from England on a permanent and not a loan, which is much needed for me, Ramirez can't be expected to carry the can for the whole Season. 

Why would we want another defensive midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Jute said:

This just confirms my suspicions that Glass is completely out of his depth. Devlin had a history of injuries at Hamilton, arrived injured and been injured most of his time at the club. Mental to offer him another deal.

Better the Devlin you know.

But to be serious, I think it's worth one more try with him now his long term injury has been operated on and it's apparently fixed.

I'd rather try him as a fit player than gamble money on some unknown.

5 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Better the Devlin you know.

But to be serious, I think it's worth one more try with him now his long term injury has been operated on and it's apparently fixed.

I'd rather try him as a fit player than gamble money on some unknown.

He was given his last 6 month deal to prove his fitness and was injured for the entire period. I just don’t get it. 

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Not sure he is a great loss to be honest .

I tend to agree on this seasons form however recruitment team and manager have been chasing this lad since the summer so failure to land their primary target does not look to good.