Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window and the squad as it stands

19 hours ago, Jute said:

Even if you ignore the off field baggage (which is reason enough not to touch him) Griffiths has only got 3 goals in 17 games. 2 of them against us. Not a chance we should be considering him. 

That’s playing for bottom of the league Dundee which is a factor. Playing for a better team who create more chances I’d expect more goals. But, ultimately, are we a much better team? Do we create more chances?? That’s an obvious concern but given we have no back up to Ramirez and it’s a mediocre season at best think it’s worth a punt, especially when our window did not make us a better team.

• Like 1

Good move for Dean Campbell. He needs minutes on the field in his preferred position, hope he gets it there, think DM will give him the time. While McKenna's stint at Ayr United wasn't a huge success, he came back, got a chance, and his career changed drastically from there. Hope same happens for this guy as he should/could get chances with us......Brown is old, Ferguson will go in the summer, Jenks away, Ojo and McGeouch out of contract I think.

Was delighted when we finally pulled the plug on McInnes, it was time. But one thing I've considered lately, he (and Doc) was popular and able to convince players to join us. He had a reputation up here, plus was known down south, as well as playing contacts. Just thinking with Glass' experience or lack of to date in this country, plus what and who exactly is Steven Gunn and his role, do we have the same strength in convincing players that Aberdeen is the place to come to? Was that a factor this window?

3 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Good move for Dean Campbell. He needs minutes on the field in his preferred position, hope he gets it there, think DM will give him the time. While McKenna's stint at Ayr United wasn't a huge success, he came back, got a chance, and his career changed drastically from there. Hope same happens for this guy as he should/could get chances with us......Brown is old, Ferguson will go in the summer, Jenks away, Ojo and McGeouch out of contract I think.

Was delighted when we finally pulled the plug on McInnes, it was time. But one thing I've considered lately, he (and Doc) was popular and able to convince players to join us. He had a reputation up here, plus was known down south, as well as playing contacts. Just thinking with Glass' experience or lack of to date in this country, plus what and who exactly is Steven Gunn and his role, do we have the same strength in convincing players that Aberdeen is the place to come to? Was that a factor this window?

Fair point but I think Scott Brown is definitely a selling factor to a lot of players i.e. if he can choose Abwrdeen over Celtic, it can't be a bad place to play.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

Speaking to a Celtic acquaintance, he said that the boy Montgomery is a real good player in the making and that he is mot of a winger that was put at left back to get him a place in the team. That is music to my ears because we need attacking options.

I heard that too about him, was a forward /winger who was stuck at left back to get game time and fill a void. And agree about Scott Brown to an extent, but players still play for the manager and Glass doesn't seem overly enthusiastic/inspirational, and that's needed no matter how good a coach you are.

On 03/02/2022 at 19:12, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

Griffiths with brown in his ear could well do us a trick till may. Snodgrass even at 33-34 is out of our reach especially with cormack in charge.

Griffiths had Brown in his ear last season did he not? The fact we haven't gone for him or shown any interest would actually suggest Brown has told Glass he's not worth it.

• Like 2